Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line.

All that said: Still doesn't explain why we gained 4.8 yd/rush in a tight game we led most of the way yet STILL THREW TWICE AS MUCH AS WE RAN! This is why everyone was relieved we got Joseph instead of the NFC Champions' OC, remember?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

It was game 3.

Siemian is still learning.

The oline still gelling.

Relax.

If Trevor learned some convictions on certain throws from the game, as in passes you can and cannot make....then its worth it.

The fake punt should have been one they knew would work before trying it. Vons penalty/non penalty was huge.

I think the loss makes us better.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I literally told my wife before the play even snapped "crap...this is going to be an interception" It was so freaking obvious that we were about to turn the ball over, you could just feel it.
    I was sitting in the end zone and had a perfect view of the INT, it was just.. so.. bad. But you're right, it felt like we were trying too hard to make something work and that happened. I also had the same feeling that EVENTUALLY Buffalo will turn the ball over, which surprisingly wasn't the case. I watch so many Bills games when the Broncos aren't playing and they play like SH!T the majority of the time, I haven't seen them play this good in a long time. Go figure

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Also, I thought the no fly zone played a little lax......maybe thought this game was a gimme?

Dline? STUDLY.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    How? Who is the starting RT? Stephenson? Remember WHY the Broncos signed Watson? That was because Stephenson sucked last year. He hasn't improved.
    Move Allen Barbre to RT. He played RT before.

6. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Move Allen Barbre to RT. He played RT before.
    This is a no brainer, as is putting either McGovern or Watson at whichever G spot Garcia's pretending to play (honestly not sure anymore; I saw both him and Barbre at LG, but was never in danger of mistaking either for the other.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

8. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I was sitting in the end zone and had a perfect view of the INT, it was just.. so.. bad. But you're right, it felt like we were trying too hard to make something work and that happened. I also had the same feeling that EVENTUALLY Buffalo will turn the ball over, which surprisingly wasn't the case. I watch so many Bills games when the Broncos aren't playing and they play like SH!T the majority of the time, I haven't seen them play this good in a long time. Go figure
    Go watch the replay, it's on the game summary on nfl dot com. When Siemian scrambles back to the left and then throws Fowler is to the inside (middle of field) and in front of both defenders but makes the decision to go outside under the defenders. Trevor throws the ball to the open area in the middle and by the time Fowler sees it he slips/stumbles and can't make it back. Sanders was also crossing the middle just a step ahead of his coverage but ended up about 5 yards deeper than the throw. Siemian said in his post game that he went in and Bennie went out and that's exactly what happened. At the line of scrimmage there is a defender advancing and I really don't think Trevor had a lane to throw outside so his only choice was to go to the middle, or to dump it to CJ on the short left but that would have left third and 15 plus. I can't really fault Trevor for taking the chance, and if Fowler goes inside it would have been third and short or 1st and 10, just didn't work out.

10. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    They always seem to play like shit when it is an 11 am game and they are in the EST zone. Usually it gets exposed if they are in Florida in September.
    11am games always suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Cut or Bench RT Watson. Broncos will be fine without him.
    So you're saying if they remove Watson and just leave the position vacant there wouldn't be much of a difference?

Mmmm . . . might be worth a try . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    So you're saying if they remove Watson and just leave the position vacant there wouldn't be much of a difference?

Mmmm . . . might be worth a try . . .
    You know what the difference between a toddler and Watson is? A toddler is capable of throwing a block.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You know what the difference between a toddler and Watson is? A toddler is capable of throwing a block.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

the OL is very good at run blocking. Watson and leary are killing it on their side, and so far this season it looks like this O will need to be a run first and often to soften up the pass. If TS doesn't throw stupid INT's and put the D in bad spots we will continue to win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    the OL is very good at run blocking. Watson and leary are killing it on their side, and so far this season it looks like this O will need to be a run first and often to soften up the pass. If TS doesn't throw stupid INT's and put the D in bad spots we will continue to win.
    I don't know about 'very good' but they are clearly at least somewhat improved. Especially I believe in the middle at G C G but the one T position is horrendous and a constant weakness. With another Draft I am expecting the issue to be resolved by next year.

Unfortunately by that time, another unit of the team will be awful lol
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    What exactly happened with Buffalo? They are just this rotten team that is a little better than the Jets, and that's about it. This team should be maybe 7-9 at best. But, they looked like they would compete for the division with the Patriots if they continued to play like that against good teams!

But, of course, we all know they will NOT continue to play like that. They are the Bills. They haven't played consistently good football in 25 years. This is not an accident. This is the sign of a bad franchise, whose owner sucks. No other answer. They've changed coaches, GMs and players over and over during that period, and still no whiff of the Super Bowl.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information