Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1205

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bills 09/24/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    (and I feel like the fake punt should count as a turnover).
    Good post, sorry I'm only responding to this bit, but it is a turnover, technically (downs). It's traditionally NOT tracked in team turnover stats though (only direct takeaways typically are).

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He has impressed me by making some throws I didn't expect him to make (the tight-window TD to Sanders vs. Dallas, other tight-window/high-confidence throws), but has baffled me by making more egregious mistakes than he ever has. I can only hope that those are one-time mistakes from feeling out the position. Hope that he'll learn from them. If it continues we have a problem. Otherwise, he's shown some stuff and might be fine.
    That boy may have some Tony Romo in him.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    That boy may have some Tony Romo in him.
    Ew....

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That was strange. Oakland was thinking that Derek Carr was going to lead them to the SB. He's an established veteran. Trevor has started 17 games. As for Phillip Rivers, I think he's having another one of those seasons where he has trouble because the team sucks.

And at 0-3 it's over for the Chargers. Done. Put a fork in them. Yet they are playing in a soccer stadium with a max capacity of 30,000. Things are going to get very, very ugly for them.

But, Trevor wasn't the worst problem yesterday. You expect him to struggle from time to time as an inexeperienced player. Both Aqib and Chris Harris got beat for big plays. They ran the ball effectively on the Denver Defense, They scored TDs instead of FGs.

That was just a sorry performance.
    I think at this point Rivers is the problem, or one of the problems. He's old. He played like shit yesterday. The defense was fantastic, the Rivers of old would have killed Kansas City in that game. He was the sole reason they lost yesterday. He's probably just finished.

As for Carr, he's been known to have stinkers on the road, though it's usually not until cold weather. I wouldn't read a single thing into that game. He's a great player, but even the greats shit the bed sometimes.
    Last edited by I Eat Staples; 09-25-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I watched him throw several great passes in TIGHT windows, and even one across his body. So, I'm not sure what's going on there. I don't expect every pass to be perfect, that doesn't happen to anyone, but he seems very inconsistent to me which is why I think TS has been a hard guy to get a good read on, despite having more than a full season under his belt at this point. Those 2 interceptions were both flat out awful. The throwaway one was particularly egregious. If you can't get it OOB, just take the damn sack!
    It's called youth and inexperience. Remember, Trevor has all of probably a couple years
    actual playing experience between college and the pros. I believe he just still has some
    growing to do. He'll be all right, IMO, assuming he stays healthy . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I don't think I've ever typed something that long.
    Tned had to increase the forum's bandwidth by 28% to accommodate Joel's posts . . .

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Cheffers criticized for call on Von Miller

ENGLEWOOD - Two former heads of NFL officials said the unsportsmanlike penalty on Von Miller should not have been called.

Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino, who each once headed NFL officials, are now FOX network analysts and each said the decision by referee Carl Cheffers to penalize Miller for his “too slow” prank on Buffalo quarterback Tyrod Taylor was an “overreaction.”

Bloggers and twitter posts called the penalty ridiculous, horrendous and one of the worst ever.

Multiple requests were sent to a Denver pool reporter to get an explanation from Cheffers after the game but none was delivered. Had the penalty not been called, Buffalo would have had fourth and 6 from the Denver 46 with a 23-16 lead and 7:38 left in the game.

Instead, Cheffers didn’t see the humor when Miller offered to help up Taylor, then pulled his hand back in a move that goes back to the grade-school playgrounds. Miller and Taylor were seen laughing at each other after the maneuver. Yet, Cheffers gave the Bills a first down and 15 more yards. The Bills killed another 4:20 off the clock before a short Stephen Hauschka field goal gave them what turned out to be an insurmountable, 26-16 lead.

At his day-after-game press conference Monday, Broncos head coach Vance Joseph had an equanimous response to the call.

“I’m a firm believer in the rules,’’ he said. “I read the rule this morning, and I didn’t see offering the guy a hand and taking it away as a penalty. With that being said, that’s my feeling. If it’s in the rules call it, if it’s not, don’t call it. Again, it was called, so I’ll go with that.”

As of Monday evening, the league had yet to offer an explanation on why Miller was penalized
    http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...ller/478592175

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I think at this point Rivers is the problem, or one of the problems. He's old. He played like shit yesterday. The defense was fantastic, the Rivers of old would have killed Kansas City in that game. He was the sole reason they lost yesterday. He's probably just finished.

As for Carr, he's been known to have stinkers on the road, though it's usually not until cold weather. I wouldn't read a single thing into that game. He's a great player, but even the greats shit the bed sometimes.
    You made my point. Nobody thinks Derek Carr is a "bust". He was a candidate for the MVP last year until he got hurt. But, Trevor has a bad game and suddenly fans start losing their minds and wanting to bench him.

They are going to use Trevor for this entire season unless he just utterly sucks or gets injured and can't play again. If that happens, then the fans will be excited to see Brock back on the field.

That is, they will be exited until the first time he throws a pick - which given his track record should be in the first quarter. Actually, I don't think he will be given the chance to throw a pick. No coaching staff would trust him to just go out there and try and throw the ball downfield. He makes such poor decisions.

As for Giraffe #2, they can't use him, no matter what Elway wants, because he's "not ready" and never will be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You made my point. Nobody thinks Derek Carr is a "bust". He was a candidate for the MVP last year until he got hurt. But, Trevor has a bad game and suddenly fans start losing their minds and wanting to bench him.
    Who wants to bench him?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Who wants to bench him?
    I must have missed that too. Not even those who were the most vocally anti-TS are saying bench him so, Cugel may pulling hot takes from his butt.

There are a lot of people (myself included) who were pretty unhappy with the way TS played Sunday (my biggest beef was the fact that he seemed to only see Sanders on the field and it made it really easy for defenders to know where he was going with the ball)

But being upset, and giving up on him or wanting him gone are two very, very different things. You can be disappointed and still support someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I must have missed that too. Not even those who were the most vocally anti-TS are saying bench him so, Cugel may pulling hot takes from his butt.

There are a lot of people (myself included) who were pretty unhappy with the way TS played Sunday (my biggest beef was the fact that he seemed to only see Sanders on the field and it made it really easy for defenders to know where he was going with the ball)

But being upset, and giving up on him or wanting him gone are two very, very different things. You can be disappointed and still support someone.
    Yeah...TS has earned some leeway before you bench him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Yeah...TS has earned some leeway before you bench him.
    Besides, if you throw out his two bad passes, he actually didn't have that bad a game.
    He passed for 259 yards at 60% completion. Give him the completion to Sanders on
    that putrid call, and he's over 300 yards.

If he would just stop throwing off his back foot . . .

I can dig that, mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It's not if you fall, it's if you get back up. The Raiders' defense isn't exactly good outside of Mack. Unfortunately he always lines up against our worst pass blocker. Hopefully TS can respond this week and look more like he did earlier. He's got to stop turning the ball over, though. 5 turnovers in 3 games (4 picks and a fumble lost) to 6 TD passes is some Jay Cutler shit.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Besides, if you throw out his two bad passes, he actually didn't have that bad a game.
    He passed for 259 yards at 60% completion. Give him the completion to Sanders on
    that putrid call, and he's over 300 yards.

If he would just stop throwing off his back foot . . .
    And running a mile in the wrong direction...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information