Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez update

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Aaron Hernandez update

Dan WetzelVerified account @DanWetzel1h1 hour agoMore

Aaron Hernandez had stage 3 CTE, per attorney Jose Baez. Brain was studied at Boston University. Family will sue NFL and Patriots.
    Only in America can you take a person who murdered someone else and turn them into a victim.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

That poor man!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This is probably why:

On Tuesday, a Massachusetts judge vacated Hernandez's murder conviction after the former NFL star's suicide. Minutes later, the Bristol County district attorney said prosecutors will appeal the judge's decision.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/us/aar...ted/index.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The murders aside, the fact that a 27 year old person had advanced CTE is not insignificant. Makes you wonder how many other current players that age are at that same state.

(Before all the hot takes from everyone, I'm not saying it excuses anything Hernandez did, just saying that the CTE news is still significant)

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The murders aside, the fact that a 27 year old person had advanced CTE is not insignificant. Makes you wonder how many other current players that age are at that same state.

(Before all the hot takes from everyone, I'm not saying it excuses anything Hernandez did, just saying that the CTE news is still significant)
    I’m not one to discount it. Brain trauma is no joke. I saw my son go through horrible depression and memory issues.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I'll be in the minority I'd guess, but if the money goes to his daughter, I'd be ok with it. She's an innocent victim. Even better the victim's families should go for a civil suit against his probate and anything gained by the CTE suit goes to them.

No matter what he did, the brain injury is a separate issue.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Its not insignificant but i dont think that the sole blame should go on the Pats or the NFL. I mean, is the family planning on suing the University of Florida as well? I also dont think that the family should be rewarded for the crime that Hernandez committed which is what this would be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Its not insignificant but i dont think that the sole blame should go on the Pats or the NFL. I mean, is the family planning on suing the University of Florida as well? I also dont think that the family should be rewarded for the crime that Hernandez committed which is what this would be doing.
    Because University of Miami doesn't have the billions the NFL/Pats do.

They wouldn't be rewarded for the crimes he committed, they would be rewarded for the damage he received playing the game of football. He had the brain of a 67 year old man, decisively caused by playing the game of football. To which, many other football players have also sued due to the leagues slow move to better protect its players. You have to separate the crime from the lawsuit, as they have nothing to do with each other. It's an emotional drive that connects the two, but just because he committed horrendous crimes doesn't mean he didn't receive the injuries he did.

I hate the guy, I think he was a thug pos, but a study of his brain showed serious damage. There are 2 distinctly different issues here, of which they don't overlap.

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

They wouldn't be rewarded for the crimes he committed, they would be rewarded for the damage he received playing the game of football. He had the brain of a 67 year old man, decisively caused by playing the game of football. To which, many other football players have also sued due to the leagues slow move to better protect its players. You have to separate the crime from the lawsuit, as they have nothing to do with each other. It's an emotional drive that connects the two, but just because he committed horrendous crimes doesn't mean he didn't receive the injuries he did.

I hate the guy, I think he was a thug pos, but a study of his brain showed serious damage. There are 2 distinctly different issues here, of which they don't overlap.
    Why aren't all football players effected in the same way?

I think Schlereth's comments on 104.3 this morning were excellent regarding CTE and football/NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Why aren't all football players effected in the same way?

I think Schlereth's comments on 104.3 this morning were excellent regarding CTE and football/NFL.
    https://www.bu.edu/research/articles...r-nfl-players/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

From the article:

families of players with symptoms of CTE are far more likely to donate brains to research than those without signs of the disease.
    Again, how do you explain the 1,000's of players that didn't show any signs of CTE?

PS: I'm not saying that it isn't a problem, just that there are thousands of players that played who have shown no signs of extensive brain trauma. It also, IMO and the opinion of Schlereth, has to do with an individuals way of life - both during and post football life.

From the article:

Again, how do you explain the 1,000's of players that didn't show any signs of CTE?

PS: I'm not saying that it isn't a problem, just that there are thousands of players that played who have shown no signs of extensive brain trauma. It also, IMO and the opinion of Schlereth, has to do with an individuals way of life - both during and post football life.
    It could very well be

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

From the article:

Starts around 25:30 mark.

http://1043thefan.com/category/podca...reth+and+Evans

EDIT: That wasn't his "rant". I'll try and find it later.
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 09-22-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

Were I an attorney for the NFL I would definitely bring up the years he played football before the NFL, that the NFL was less than 25% of his football, etc. CTE doesn't start the day you enter the NFL, it starts in peewee football. I had my first concussion when I was 10 or 11. It wasn't from football, it was from getting hit by a car while riding my bike. I've had multiple concussions since then, from football, basketball, motorcycle crashes, "shit happens" on deployments, etc. Point being, how many of his concussions that CAUSED the CTE were the NFL's fault? Is the NFL responsible for people playing football through their entire lives? If so, can I sue the NFL for MTBI I received playing football?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Starts around 25:30 mark.

EDIT: That wasn't his "rant". I'll try and find it later.
    Here you go - it's the first segment.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information