Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 3 (Bills week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I looked up the all time series between these two. I guess you haven't gone that much recently? The Broncos have won three out of the last four in Buffalo (the most recent one being the loss in 2011 in a classic Tebow game)
    2 losses were including pre-season haha. I went to the Tebow loss.. (we were on a 4 or 5 game win streak?) and I went to the win back in.... 2007 I think?

So technically 1-1.. I suppose. I wonder what kinda abuse I'm gonna get from Bills Mafia

I am 4-0 in Denver though! Got tickeys to Sunday nighter vs Giants

2. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You missed the point Joel. Nobody wants to lose to Buffalo, and losing doesn't mean it's more likely they will beat the Raiders. But, if in three weeks, they are 3-1, I want that loss to be to a non-divisional opponent.

Beating the Raiders twice would for all practical purposes eliminate them from division title contention, because they'd already have 2 division losses, and realistically this division is so tough they probably would lose at least 1 other division game, so three losses. Minimum. EX: if they finished with the same record as the Chiefs the Chiefs would probably win simply because of better division record in that case. (Second tie-breaker assuming the Chiefs & Raiders split their games).

So, in the hypothetical scenario where the Broncos beat the Raiders twice (yay!) and the Raiders/Chiefs split, both the Broncos and Chiefs would probably hold the tie-breaker against the Raiders.
    No, you're missing the point: It's too soon to think of Oakland. You're talking tiebreaks, which don't matter if our OVERALL record's better—or WORSE. So even in tiebreaks the Bills game and all the rest are pretty important since there are only sixteen total, and only Buffalo is in front of us right now: We must get past them before it's even relevant to consider any of the rest. Win all the rest and Oakland could SWEEP us and it still wouldn't help them unless they were also EXACTLY 14-2.

In fact, even if we concede the hypothetical possibility of finishing tied with Oakland and/or KC there'd be a pretty good chance of splitting the head-to-head with both and having the same division record (for one thing, they must play each other twice as well as us.) So what's the next tiebreak? Common opponents: This year the whole AFCW plays the whole AFCE, so Buffalo's a common opponent. If still tied, it goes to conference record, and Buffalo's still in the AFC.

The schedule's set up so EVERY game potentially has at least some playoff implication. And, ultimately, the real "first tiebreak" is overall record: The simplest (if not necessarily easiest) way to avoid losing a playoff berth, home game, bye or homefield throughout on tiebreaks is to NOT FINISH TIED WITH ANYONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. The way you do that is to take one game at a time, focusing all energy each week on beating that sole opponent, leaving the rest til it's their turn.

We'd all prefer a non-division loss to a divisional one if we must lose one: But the POINT is beating Buffalo is the only way to avoid the dire prospect of losing BOTH, with a 3-1 bye record only the best case scenario and 4-0 off the table entirely. As always, you and I have the luxury of thinking ahead because we won't be playing then OR now. But if Joseph overheard any player say anything like "I wanna beat Buffalo, but I'd rather lose to them than Oakland" the guy'd be running bleachers til he puked.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

"It's still so early," Siemian said. "We're only two games into the season. I've seen how quickly things can change in this league, and I'm very, very happy, obviously, to start the way we have. But we're going to Buffalo, and Buffalo doesn't care if we've won two games or we're 0-2."
    See? THIS guy gets it.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Jamaal Charles with a helmet today. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Garett Bolles is practicing. Shoulder pads and helmet. Unreal. #9sports

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 52s53 seconds ago

Lindsay Jones Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

Left ankle is heavily taped. But stunning to see him already participating in position drills.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

A peek at #Broncos practice. Roby, as said on @DenverChannel last.night, is good. He's practicing. Bolles out here w left ankle/foot taped

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 36s37 seconds ago

As expected, Aqib Talib back after a day of rest. #Broncos @1043TheFan

7. The Following 8 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Jamaal Charles with a helmet today. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 52s53 seconds ago

Lindsay Jones Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

Left ankle is heavily taped. But stunning to see him already participating in position drills.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

A peek at #Broncos practice. Roby, as said on @DenverChannel last.night, is good. He's practicing. Bolles out here w left ankle/foot taped

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 36s37 seconds ago

As expected, Aqib Talib back after a day of rest. #Broncos @1043TheFan
    What???? Bolles practicing? Holy shit, dude is a machine!

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yeah, he's a bad mother f'er. His play has been good but his locker room presence seems to be even better. The guys have to respect him being out there already.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Yeah, he's a bad mother f'er. His play has been good but his locker room presence seems to be even better. The guys have to respect him being out there already.
    They had a dr from Colorado Ortho hospital on 760 this morning who said he should be out at least through the bye week. Makes it pretty crazy that he's already back practicing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

looks like you've found your new wolfe. . .

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    looks like you've found your new wolfe. . .
    If he can be back this quick, I'll make his family some Italian food. Dude eats greedy!

16. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

They had a dr from Colorado Ortho hospital on 760 this morning who said he should be out at least through the bye week. Makes it pretty crazy that he's already back practicing.
    I just hope they don't rush him back too fast; I'd rather miss him for a couple games than get him back for half a game, then lose him the rest of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I shall now compose a short smiley poem to mark the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I saw MHR retweet this - I'm assuming it's accurate. Interesting PFF grades so far:

Denver vs.‏ @denVSeverybody 5m5 minutes ago

DEN O-line & PFF grade:

LT - Bolles 77.5
    LG - Garcia 48.5
    C - Paradis 70.5
    RG - Leary 87.4
    RT - Watson 28.4

Barbre 49.1
    Stephenson 56.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I shall now compose a short smiley poem to mark the occasion.

:

I loved this part of the poem. It struck home.

Thank you
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 52s52 seconds ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said Bolles "progressing fast". Need to see how feels tomorrow after increased activity @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 16s16 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said not sure if Booker will play. It's a deep room of talented players. And rotation working right now @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ said this first road game offers "true test" @DenverChannel
    Last edited by VonDoom; 09-21-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 52s52 seconds ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said Bolles "progressing fast". Need to see how feels tomorrow after increased activity @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 16s16 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said not sure if Booker will play. It's a deep room of talented players. And rotation working right now @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ said this first road game offers "true test" @DenverChannel
    Well, in the spirit of "who cares if the Bills beat us 73-0 as long as we beat Oakland:" Barbre isn't a bad pass nor run blocker, so give Bolles an extra week to be sure, especially since trained doctors were publicly saying they expect him to be out two more weeks even at that point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information