Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 3 (Bills week)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The conditions fit: It would be perfectly understandable (but not excusable) if Denver were looking past a soft Bills team to a critical home stand against a good Raiders team heading into our bye. The way I (and hopefully the team) look at it is 4-0 at the bye, with a 2-0 division record including the team to beat, would be a great place to be, but it all starts with taking care of business in our first road game this week: We can't be 4-0 at the bye if we're 2-1 hosting the Raiders.
    I'd take 3-1 with the sole loss coming against a non-division opponent. Win 2 from the Raiders and you're almost certainly going to make the playoffs, and the Raiders probably won't - unless both wild cards come from the AFC West, which is certainly possible. But, not too likely. These AFC West teams will beat each other up too much.

Wow! Rico just threw his QB and WR under the Bus! Awesome!
    The Buffalo Bills lost a close game Sunday where the offense didn't get into any sort of rhythm until the last drive. Rick Dennison greeted the media Monday to discuss the game and season to date and noted he still has confidence in Tyrod Taylor.

“He did some good things. Kept us in the game,” said Dennison

On 4th down and 10 to go late in the fame, Taylor took a shot towards the pylon to rookie receiver Zay Jones that went off his hands. Dennison says both Taylor and Jones deserve the blame for this hotly-debated miss.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Roby has ankle issue @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Von Miller limited with knee. #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 40s40 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said there is no concern about either Von Miller or Bradley Roby for Sunday. Both are listed on the injury report.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'd take 3-1 with the sole loss coming against a non-division opponent. Win 2 from the Raiders and you're almost certainly going to make the playoffs, and the Raiders probably won't - unless both wild cards come from the AFC West, which is certainly possible. But, not too likely. These AFC West teams will beat each other up too much.
    Would be nice to prove we can win a road game, though. We're so back loaded with them, this is our only chance for a while. And it certainly appears to be one of the easiest road games we have all year (maybe at the Colts, but they should have Luck back by then, so that's no guarantee).

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 25s25 seconds ago

Vance Joseph on Trevor Siemian: "He's in total control of our offense now."

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider now10 seconds ago

Vance Joseph on Bills: "This is probably the best front seven we've faced, including the preseason."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said team will fly out on Friday so can have normal pratice day Saturday in Buffalo. @DenverChannel
    Last edited by VonDoom; 09-20-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I'm going to this game.. woooot.

Broncos are 1-4 when I've seen them play at the Ralph...

Got a feeling it's a trap game.
    I looked up the all time series between these two. I guess you haven't gone that much recently? The Broncos have won three out of the last four in Buffalo (the most recent one being the loss in 2011 in a classic Tebow game)

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Roby has ankle issue @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Von Miller limited with knee. #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 40s40 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said there is no concern about either Von Miller or Bradley Roby for Sunday. Both are listed on the injury report.
    So that hit on the knee did effect Von.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Last time I went to a Broncos/Bills game, Bills player Everett was paralyzed. Friggen pos fan next to us was yelling to get him off the field. To which he was promptly shut the **** up.

Hey Gem, are you gonna go postal again if Denver only wins by 2 touchdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hey Gem, are you gonna go postal again if Denver only wins by 2 touchdowns?
    I want 3. TYVM!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If forced and able to pick, of course I'd rather drop one against a mere common/conference opponent than a division rival (though if we finish tied with Oakland overall and head-to-head, common games are the next tiebreak, then conference record.) But losing @Buffalo wouldn't somehow magically guarantee we beat Oakland: 3-1 would be the BEST case, but 2-2 a very real possibility. If you want to view it that way, the only way to GUARANTEE at least 3-1 at the bye is beating Buffalo NOW.

Point being, whatever happens later begins with whatever happens now, so hopefully we're not looking past the Bills.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Would be nice to prove we can win a road game, though. We're so back loaded with them, this is our only chance for a while. And it certainly appears to be one of the easiest road games we have all year (maybe at the Colts, but they should have Luck back by then, so that's no guarantee).
    I wouldn't count on the Colts having Luck back at any point in the season. They kept saying that he was "week to week" and expected him back for training camp. He's not remotely healthy and hasn't been able to play and they keep lying and saying that he's about ready. Only they keep pushing him back and back. He was going to start the season, then he wasn't. . . . . Spot the trend? I don't believe anything they say in Indy, and if I were Luck's agent I'd have him get a couple of second medical opinions before he stepped back on the field.

That coaching staff doesn't give a crap about Luck's future career. They want to win a couple of games now so they don't get fired. It's nothing to them if he ruins his career rushing back when he's still injured and hurting himself worse. If that happens they are all getting fired anyway because the team will keep on losing.

. If he does play, how effective can he be?

They look like they are trying to lose big and get the #1 overall pick. Without Luck they might win 2 games. With him? Who knows? It would depend on how healthy he actually is. Not very is the most likely guess.

If we can't beat the Colts, we have absolutely no shot at the Division. Next to the Jets, they are probably the worst team in the AFC. Yes, worse than Cleveland. Cleveland has an actually good OL anchored by Hall of Fame LT Joe Thomas. They have some players who don't totally suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If forced and able to pick, of course I'd rather drop one against a mere common/conference opponent than a division rival (though if we finish tied with Oakland overall and head-to-head, common games are the next tiebreak, then conference record.) But losing @Buffalo wouldn't somehow magically guarantee we beat Oakland: 3-1 would be the BEST case, but 2-2 a very real possibility. If you want to view it that way, the only way to GUARANTEE at least 3-1 at the bye is beating Buffalo NOW.

Point being, whatever happens later begins with whatever happens now, so hopefully we're not looking past the Bills.
    You missed the point Joel. Nobody wants to lose to Buffalo, and losing doesn't mean it's more likely they will beat the Raiders. But, if in three weeks, they are 3-1, I want that loss to be to a non-divisional opponent.

Beating the Raiders twice would for all practical purposes eliminate them from division title contention, because they'd already have 2 division losses, and realistically this division is so tough they probably would lose at least 1 other division game, so three losses. Minimum. EX: if they finished with the same record as the Chiefs the Chiefs would probably win simply because of better division record in that case. (Second tie-breaker assuming the Chiefs & Raiders split their games).

So, in the hypothetical scenario where the Broncos beat the Raiders twice (yay!) and the Raiders/Chiefs split, both the Broncos and Chiefs would probably hold the tie-breaker against the Raiders.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quiet week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Quiet week.
    it's the calm before the storm. . .

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information