Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Menelik worse week 2 than awful week 1

Default Menelik worse week 2 than awful week 1

And not Bolles is out for a while....man the O-line wont give Trevor time to look deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

3. The Following 10 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Somebody is dropping deuces on the English language.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

The problem with Watson is that he sucks at pass protection. But, he's excellent at run blocking. The whole OL is a premier run blocking unit, as they've demonstrated so far. But, none of them are excellent at pass-protection. Bolles is clearly the most talented of them, and now he's hurt and Barber is your new starting LT.

No, I have no idea why Donald Stephenson is even on the roster if they can't use him when the starting LT goes down. It's looking like it was a mistake to cut Schofield. No, I do not have short-term memory loss that enables me to forget what Schofield did in laying a giant deuce on the field in pass-protection. But, they need somebody, and if they're not going to use Stephenson, then what's he doing on the roster? Why not keep someone they will use?

8. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The problem with Watson is that he sucks at pass protection. But, he's excellent at run blocking. The whole OL is a premier run blocking unit, as they've demonstrated so far. But, none of them are excellent at pass-protection. Bolles is clearly the most talented of them, and now he's hurt and Barber is your new starting LT.

No, I have no idea why Donald Stephenson is even on the roster if they can't use him when the starting LT goes down. It's looking like it was a mistake to cut Schofield. No, I do not have short-term memory loss that enables me to forget what Schofield did in laying a giant deuce on the field in pass-protection. But, they need somebody, and if they're not going to use Stephenson, then what's he doing on the roster? Why not keep someone they will use?
    Leary had a perfect pass protection game against Dallas. Allowed no pressures on Siemian.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I think they should cut OT Watson. Keep Donald Stephenson off the field. Put Barbre and McGovern in for now.

11. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Did you see that running play where Leary trucked the pile and moved it forward for 3 yards. That dude is a man amongst boys

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Did you see that running play where Leary trucked the pile and moved it forward for 3 yards. That dude is a man amongst boys
    I work with a Cowboys fan... he wasn't in yesterday and is quiet today. He is upset that the Broncos have Leary though

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Barber actually looked good filling in for Bolles after he went out. No doubt about it though, Watson is a huge liability in pass protection but is a very good run blocker. Maybe they can scheme to help him out this season? Not sure but I doubt Elway trades for anybody and there isn't a viable replacement free agent out there. As bad as Watson is, Stephenson is ten fold worse. He is a HUGE liability any time he is on the field.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Stephenson at RT for now. When Bolles comes back back Barbre moves to RT? Are the positions that more than unique than learning the blocking assignments?
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Two weeks in and we're already anointing this OL a premier run blocking unit?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

20. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don't know about all that. I will caution people not to think that the OL is "solved" with such a small sample size, though. Remember way back to weeks 1 and 2 of last year? We ran the ball really well. Take a look:

2016 (first 2 games): 60 carries, 282 yards, 4.7 YPC
    2017 (first 2 games): 75 carries, 318 yards, 4.24 YPC

We fell off a cliff soon after that. So let's see if we can keep this up this time around. Having a big injury on the line already will be a test, starting this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Premier may be a bit much, but we're leading the lead by a good margin in rush yards. This unit's pretty darn good against two tough front 7's

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I don't know about all that. I will caution people not to think that the OL is "solved" with such a small sample size, though. Remember way back to weeks 1 and 2 of last year? We ran the ball really well. Take a look:

2016 (first 2 games): 60 carries, 282 yards, 4.7 YPC
    2017 (first 2 games): 75 carries, 318 yards, 4.24 YPC

We fell off a cliff soon after that. So let's see if we can keep this up this time around. Having a big injury on the line already will be a test, starting this week.
    When did Anderson get hurt last year?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information