Thread: CJs run

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default CJs run

So excited to see CJ looking really good. I love his running motion when he tucks in the hole.

Great blocking on this run as well.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 09-18-2017 at 12:00 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If CJ continues to play like he did yesterday and can actually stay healthy this year, the sky is the limit for this team. He makes our offense go.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

CJ was a monster yesterday. I think we're going to have a very dynamic run game this year, Charles is looking like he's getting back into the groove and I don't think it'll be long before we see him as a change of pace guy and we truly start using he and CJ as a two-headed monster. The few carries CJ can rest will keep him fresh and, hopefully, healthy.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

CJ trucked a few dudes yesterday. It was sweet!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    CJ was a monster yesterday. I think we're going to have a very dynamic run game this year, Charles is looking like he's getting back into the groove and I don't think it'll be long before we see him as a change of pace guy and we truly start using he and CJ as a two-headed monster. The few carries CJ can rest will keep him fresh and, hopefully, healthy.
    Charles with his one handed carries starting to irk me.

Guy needs to put two hands on the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Charles with his one handed carries starting to irk me.

Guy needs to put two hands on the ball.
    No doubt. I'm sure the coach has mentioned it to him. If not, he better. One hand is ok at times, but when contact is imminent you better put two hands on it.

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

If he keeps getting blocking like that, he'll stay healthy most or all of the year, as will Siemian. Where and how many times was he hit on that play? AT THE GOAL LINE; other than that the sole contact was an arm brushing him as he broke into the secondary. Then compare that to how routinely and how LONG we watched CJ, Hillman, Ball and Moreno forced to break two or three tackles just to avoid a LOSS.

Before that, we led the NFL in rushing in 2011 and McGahee led the NFL in yards AFTER CONTACT; by the middle of next season injury had promoted Moreno, and by the end of our first playoff game it had again promoted a rookie Ronnie Hillman. McGahee lasted all of one more season before hanging it up for good; Moreno spent that season weeping and commando crawling into our hearts and a big payday only to end his career with an ACL tear the following October.

We all know QBs need good blocking to stay in one piece, but we also all know how the pounding RBs absorb makes the average starters career MUCH shorter than it would be at QB. Look at punishing Earl Campbell: ONLY back in history to lead the NFL in rushing ALL of his first THREE seasons—and after his sixth he was just another runner, retiring after his eighth. He's 62 now, and on good days he can get around on crutches instead of in the wheelchair he's been using for years.

When QBs scramble we want them to run out of bounds so they live to run another play; the more RBs are able to do that, or trot out the back of the end zone, the longer they'll play too. People just don't think about it that way because we're used to seeing RBs get the snot knocked out of them a dozen times weekly.

GREAT blocking on that run, by McGovern, by Green and even by DT. Green may not have enough catches to suit everyone, but as long as he can lead block and stand up LBs so our RB gets 20 yd TDs, I'll be perfectly happy with him.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Default NFL.com has CJs full Cowboys highlight reel, for your enjoyment

There's an off color joke there about what we did to Dallas, but I'm above that sort of thing. Can't figure out how to make the "Insertion" work, so here's the link.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information