Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ringer: Touchdown Trevor is your God now

Oz wasn't ready, which really has been his whole career, with the brief but crucial exception of mid-2015, when Manning COULDN'T play and Oz was just good enough.
    Nobody can argue with the idea that Oz has never been ready. He sucked his way out of Houston and Cleveland. And the Browns got rid of him despite the fact that their remaining QBs are rookie DeShaun Kizer, Cody Kessler, and the awesome Kevin Hogan!

Let the good times roll.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

That's an oversimplification to say that people who love Trevor just loved him because he was a long shot. I liked the intangibles. As I've been saying all offseason his arm was completely under valued last year when he was throwing with a bad ankle and a bad off shoulder. Still not ready to say he's the quarterback of the future after lighting it up against a decimated Cowboy secondary. But the beautiful thing is confidence breeds confidence. Good performances even against Bad teams lead to good performances against better teams. I like Trevor because I think the guy has never truly been healthy until this year he finally has a run game and his undervalued athleticism and arm strength is finally getting to show because he's getting a little bit of protection and he's not beat up

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    That's an oversimplification to say that people who love Trevor just loved him because he was a long shot. I liked the intangibles. As I've been saying all offseason his arm was completely under valued last year when he was throwing with a bad ankle and a bad off shoulder. Still not ready to say he's the quarterback of the future after lighting it up against a decimated Cowboy secondary. But the beautiful thing is confidence breeds confidence. Good performances even against Bad teams lead to good performances against better teams. I like Trevor because I think the guy has never truly been healthy until this year he finally has a run game and his undervalued athleticism and arm strength is finally getting to show because he's getting a little bit of protection and he's not beat up
    Trevor had a good day against not only a decimated Cowboys secondary, but also a strong Chargers secondary and pass rush. Just saying . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

So how are our feelings going to be towards Trevor when he has a stinker of a game?

We've seen Trevor perform under great circumstances (run game working, and converting 3rd downs), not sure how most of us will be when he throws 3 INT's and loses a game.

I can't help but feel like the Broncos FO is happy with the way things are (obviously), but his leash is short and are looking for opportunities to work in Lynch in the future. I hate that, and I hope TS gets the chance ANY 1st rounder would get.

8. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    So how are our feelings going to be towards Trevor when he has a stinker of a game?

We've seen Trevor perform under great circumstances (run game working, and converting 3rd downs), not sure how most of us will be when he throws 3 INT's and loses a game.

I can't help but feel like the Broncos FO is happy with the way things are (obviously), but his leash is short and are looking for opportunities to work in Lynch in the future. I hate that, and I hope TS gets the chance ANY 1st rounder would get.
    It took more than one good game to get here, so I think it'll take more than one bad one to get to Lynch. It's not like Lynch has shown anyone anything—EVER—to argue he's "the guy." Always beware the false dichotomy: Even if Siemian just had a couple lucky games, plays like crap the rest of his career and is never anyones answer at QB, none of that makes Lynch a single iota better. "Failure is always an option" for BOTH of them.

I also don't think the FO wants to put itself in a position of vacillating between QBs without to ride with for good (or ill.) Setting aside how much everyone (but especially GMs) dreads a full blown QB controversy playing out with the fanbase and media, it's not good for the rest of the team (especially but not only the offense) to have no idea from week to week who's the (current) "starting" QB. On a certain level, even bad consistency is better than NONE.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I like to make things simple, sometimes I make them over simple.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Weak math, as you left out the group that didn't like him because he was an underdog, but instead because he had one of the best first years starting in the last couple decades.
    Ok, so 50%/49%/1%

#soundmath
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's pretty much the truest thing spoken in this thread.
    Until this:

You're biased ... and lame.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Until this:

You're biased ... and lame.
    And right, but we'll let that part slide.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

In an interview titled "Under the Headset: Q&A with QBs Coach Bill Musgrave," the
    question was posed to him: "Do you feel like people don't notice how well he [Siemian]
    moves as a quarterback?"

His answer: "Well, he throws the ball so well and he's so accurate and has great touch
    and anticipation that a lot of the time, he's not required to use his movement skills,
    but there are certain times when you have to pull it down and make something happen."

Rest of interview: http://tinyurl.com/ybudpb7e
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I bet Siemian could catch Chris Harris Jr from behind.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I bet Siemian could catch Chris Harris Jr from behind.
    Right: Harris ran the 40 a whopping 0.05 seconds slower than Talib and is 5 years younger to boot, but he can't outrun my dead gramma and Talib can return punts.

You know there's a difference between being an iconoclast and simply contrarian, right?

Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Talib takes that ball to the house more than almost everyone though. He's so hood!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right: Harris ran the 40 a whopping 0.05 seconds slower than Talib and is 5 years younger to boot, but he can't outrun my dead gramma and Talib can return punts.

You know there's a difference between being an iconoclast and simply contrarian, right?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...six-off-Flacco

Joe Flacco don't care about big words like iconoclast and caustic.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information