Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: McCoy and players talk about the offense

Default McCoy and players talk about the offense

Real good article with lots of quotes on NFL.com.

Here's some of the quotes from McCoy and players.

Quote from McCoy:

"We should have put up 50," McCoy said, flashing an ice-cold glare. "Look, I want to score every single time we have the ball, and then I want to score some more -- that's my mentality, and that's how I approach it. I love our defense, and they're capable of carrying us, but I'm trying to give them as much of a cushion as I can. So I'm going to try to get the ball in the end zone, until (head coach Vance Joseph) tells me to stop."

And DT talking about McCoy:

"Oh man -- how do you want me to even start?" asked receiver Demaryius Thomas, who helped torment an undermanned Cowboys secondary with six receptions for 71 yards. "Mike is super-aggressive. He knows how to outscheme people, and he's trying to put up as many points as he can. He wants the players to come to him during the game and tell him what we think will work. If we bring it to him and he sees it, he'll try it."

And CJ:

"In the other scheme, it was, 'we're gonna run what we run,'" Anderson said of Kubiak's system. "This one is, 'we're gonna put our athletes in the best position to make plays.'"

Harris calling out the world, and Broncos Country about his dawg, Trevor:

"They better stop sleeping on my dawg -- Broncos country included," said Harris, whose deployment at safety confused the Cowboys early in the game. "Trevor is a great quarterback. As long as you give him time, he's gonna dot you up. Don't even get me started."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...display-in-win

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Talking All I heard was "Harris moved to safety."

More seriously, and nothing against CJ, I still think Kubiak "ran what we ran" BECAUSE he was putting our players in the best position to succeed, despite the limited options our line allowed. We couldn't air it out downfield nor run the patented Broncos stretch play because our blocking couldn't hold together long nor move well enough: We needed plays that develop very quickly, before our tissue paper line shredded, so lots of dink and dunk passing complemented by runs up the gut and off tackle.

Yes, drafting a 1st round OT and adding not one but TWO FAs from elite lines changes that dynamic radically (even if Watson looks like a swindle so far.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    More seriously, and nothing against CJ, I still think Kubiak "ran what we ran" BECAUSE he was putting our players in the best position to succeed, despite the limited options our line allowed. We couldn't air it out downfield nor run the patented Broncos stretch play because our blocking couldn't hold together long nor move well enough: We needed plays that develop very quickly, before our tissue paper line shredded, so lots of dink and dunk passing complemented by runs up the gut and off tackle.

Yes, drafting a 1st round OT and adding not one but TWO FAs from elite lines changes that dynamic radically (even if Watson looks like a swindle so far.)
    No, Kubiak, who I loved as a player and as an OC in his first stint, was and is a one trick pony. Look at the '05 AFCCG. The Broncos have zero running game, and in the third quarter, trailing badly and he's still running play action.

With the Broncos lack of pass protection last year, he should have moved to shotgun heavy, quick hitting scheme. He was not willing to do so, instead he kept running the ball with no success and saying after the game, "we should be able to run. We need to be able to run."

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So the key all along was running more of the shit that didn't work and less of the other shit that didn't work?

Broncos fans logic.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    So the key all along was running more of the shit that didn't work and less of the other shit that didn't work?

Broncos fans logic.
    Can someone translate Jaded for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    "They better stop sleeping on my dawg -- Broncos country included," said Harris, whose deployment at safety confused the Cowboys early in the game. "Trevor is a great quarterback. As long as you give him time, he's gonna dot you up. Don't even get me started."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...display-in-win
    Chris Harris just put those of you still holding out on notice!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yeah sure, he said something about peko Jr, the shit gun and being a basrerd coated basterd

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Chris Harris just put those of you still holding out on notice!
    I loved that. He pretty much called out the fans who have been oblivious to what's in front of their eyes and trashing Siemian. Harris putting them fans on notice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

That's your logic, suppose you 'splain?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Yeah sure, he said something about peko Jr, the shit gun and being a basrerd coated basterd
    You get me.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

That's your logic, suppose you 'splain?
    I didn't say anything close to your condescending snark.

I said that Kubiak did not adjust to his players strengths and weaknesses. He has one scheme and one only, which is run and play action. If the run doesn't work, then he's dead in the water. He didn't adjust and create a quick hitting offense to compensate for his line's in ability to pass block.

When your QB is routinely getting less than 2.5 seconds, often less than 2.2 seconds to pass, you can't keep calling slow developing plays. Kubiak did.

Broncos fans logic.
    Name:  4707656816_0a5ec48321.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  31.8 KB

I didn't say anything close to your condescending snark.

I said that Kubiak did not adjust to his players strengths and weaknesses. He has one scheme and one only, which is run and play action. If the run doesn't work, then he's dead in the water. He didn't adjust and create a quick hitting offense to compensate for his line's in ability to pass block.

When your QB is routinely getting less than 2.5 seconds, often less than 2.2 seconds to pass, you can't keep calling slow developing plays. Kubiak did.
    Which were those, the slow developing quick outs and slants that had everyone screaming Siemian's too noodle-armed to throw deep and Kubiak too spineless to let him, or the slow developing runs up the gut and off tackle that had everyone screaming how unimaginative, predictable and obsolete Kubiaks playbook is? I mean, the Cowboys went to the opposite extreme in the second half yesterday: They didn't even TRY to run the REIGNING NFL RUSHING CHAMP, just pass, pass, pass, and when it consistently fails just pass s'more. Garrett's such a predictable obsolete idiot. His playcalls surely had nothing to do with the situation on the field, right?

Guess it's lucky for us all I took those Jaded as a Second Language classes.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

Which were those, the slow developing quick outs and slants that had everyone screaming Siemian's too noodle-armed to throw deep and Kubiak too spineless to let him, or the slow developing runs up the gut and off tackle that had everyone screaming how unimaginative, predictable and obsolete Kubiaks playbook is?
    As usually, your analysis falls short.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm a little surprised to see CJ put Kubes on blast like that. I'm glad he's supporting his current coach, but I don't know that the dig at Kubes was necessary. I mean, he did get a ring under Kubes' coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm a little surprised to see CJ put Kubes on blast like that. I'm glad he's supporting his current coach, but I don't know that the dig at Kubes was necessary. I mean, he did get a ring under Kubes' coaching.
    Yes, even though it's the truth and anyone watching knows it, I agree, he could have just talked up McCoy and what they are doing now, without tearing Kubiak's flaws.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information