Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the bad: Week 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Good and the bad: Week 2

Didn't do this thread last week as I was traveling and didn't have time, but figured I would start it back up for this one. Just got back from traveling today so just finished watching the game.

Good:

CJ - Dude was our MVP by far today. If he keeps playing like that, we could go a long way this season.

Sanders - Really solid game by him. Was making plays all over the field.

Siemian - While he made some mistakes, most notably his two turnovers, it's hard to leave him off this list with 4 TD passes. I am completely shocked with his level of play so far. I think he's setting himself up to be the QB from this year forward.

Run D - Obviously Dallas' running game is what you worry about, and they completely shut it down. Amazing effort, and really answered a lot of questions I had after week 1.

No Fly Zone - They just absolutely smothered Dallas' WRs all game. Great as always. Talib with the sweet pick 6 to cap it off.

Miller - I was ready to put him in the "bad" column halfway through the 4th quarter, but he had none of that. Finally broke his drought with 2 late sacks. He has to clean up those offsides penalties though. Jumping offsides 3 times just can't happen. Hopefully breaking the drought will settle him down.

Bad:

Bolles injury - That absolutely sucked. Hoping it's nothing major, but it does not look good. That is a guy we cannot afford to lose.

McManus - Two missed FGs in 2 games after getting that contract is worrisome. He really needs to clean that up.

And just as a conclusion to his post, you all know my thoughts on Dak, so I'm going to go over how I thought he played. All things considered, I didn't think he was all that bad. Our defense was just incredible all day and he really didn't have much time in the pocket or many open receivers. The first pick wasn't his fault, but the second one admittedly was bad, and Talib probably should have had 3 picks as he dropped 2. Dak also has 3 TDs if not for Witten dropping the one late.

Overall probably one of Dak's poorer games in his career statistically, but I don't think many QBs are going to do much better against this D this year.

My overall thoughts on the game...this team is looking scary. I was thinking 8-8 at best heading into the season, but I'm starting to feel dead wrong about that. The D is still awesome and the offense has been killing it as well. The Bolles injury is scary, but this still looks like a team that could go a long way.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You were totally wrong about Broncos defense, Waver, you should 'pologize.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You were totally wrong about Broncos defense, Waver, you should 'pologize.
    It appears so and I am happy to say it. The run defense has totally shocked me. If they can shut down the Cowboys run game like that, they can shut down any team in the league. And Elway looks like a genius cutting bait with TJ when he did. Not missing a single beat without him. That was about as good of an offense as we'll play all season and we dominated them.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I can see Von's aggravation that led to his offside calls. He's held damn near every play and doubled teamed the rest. He said in interview after the game that this was a big game for him personally since he's from Texas.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It appears so and I am happy to say it. The run defense has totally shocked me. If they can shut down the Cowboys run game like that, they can shut down any team in the league. And Elway looks like a genius cutting bait with TJ when he did. Not missing a single beat without him. That was about as good of an offense as we'll play all season and we dominated them.
    Simmons whiffed a couple times, so it isn't totally missing a beat, but the pieces around him and the outcome were still great.

10. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I can see Von's aggravation that led to his offside calls. He's held damn near every play and doubled teamed the rest. He said in interview after the game that this was a big game for him personally since he's from Texas.
    I think he was definitely pressing a bit out of frustration, but now that he finally ended his drought hopefully he will be back to the same old Von.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Agreed on Ward, too, Simmons gave up a TD and you'd have thought the Broncos cut Earl Thomas by the overreaction.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That entire game was positive, other than Bolles' injury. That game was great.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Didn't do this thread last week as I was traveling and didn't have time, but figured I would start it back up for this one. Just got back from traveling today so just finished watching the game.

Good:

CJ - Dude was our MVP by far today. If he keeps playing like that, we could go a long way this season.

Sanders - Really solid game by him. Was making plays all over the field.

Siemian - While he made some mistakes, most notably his two turnovers, it's hard to leave him off this list with 4 TD passes. I am completely shocked with his level of play so far. I think he's setting himself up to be the QB from this year forward.

Run D - Obviously Dallas' running game is what you worry about, and they completely shut it down. Amazing effort, and really answered a lot of questions I had after week 1.

No Fly Zone - They just absolutely smothered Dallas' WRs all game. Great as always. Talib with the sweet pick 6 to cap it off.

Miller - I was ready to put him in the "bad" column halfway through the 4th quarter, but he had none of that. Finally broke his drought with 2 late sacks. He has to clean up those offsides penalties though. Jumping offsides 3 times just can't happen. Hopefully breaking the drought will settle him down.

Bad:

Bolles injury - That absolutely sucked. Hoping it's nothing major, but it does not look good. That is a guy we cannot afford to lose.

McManus - Two missed FGs in 2 games after getting that contract is worrisome. He really needs to clean that up.

And just as a conclusion to his post, you all know my thoughts on Dak, so I'm going to go over how I thought he played. All things considered, I didn't think he was all that bad. Our defense was just incredible all day and he really didn't have much time in the pocket or many open receivers. The first pick wasn't his fault, but the second one admittedly was bad, and Talib probably should have had 3 picks as he dropped 2. Dak also has 3 TDs if not for Witten dropping the one late.

Overall probably one of Dak's poorer games in his career statistically, but I don't think many QBs are going to do much better against this D this year.

My overall thoughts on the game...this team is looking scary. I was thinking 8-8 at best heading into the season, but I'm starting to feel dead wrong about that. The D is still awesome and the offense has been killing it as well. The Bolles injury is scary, but this still looks like a team that could go a long way.
    It's well known that I'm a TS homer, even I'm a little caught off guard at his level of play. I expected slightly above average, not top of the league in passing TD's. I'd like to see him cut back on the mistakes. He had DT and Sanders wide freaking open two plays in a row and missed seeing them at all, he also had a surefire first down had he just tossed CJ the ball, he attempted to run it instead.

After rewatching the INT, it actually seemed like a miscommunication between he and DT, I'm not 100 percent sure I'd throw that one on him.

Most of the things he did wrong are things you would expect a second year starter to be doing, so I'm not overly concerned unless he develops a pattern with these mistakes.

The defense blows me away on every level. The run game is fantastic! It was a great game as a fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That entire game was positive, other than Bolles' injury. That game was great.
    Yep, I was struggling to think of anything to put in the bad column, which is always a great thing. That was a complete game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yep, I was struggling to think of anything to put in the bad column, which is always a great thing. That was a complete game.
    The rush defense has been amazing.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't like the 4th quarter floundering two weeks in a row, but this weeks was short lived and then we pretty much crushed their throats after the initial screw up with the INT.

That came out of left field...We went from horrid last season to top 5 this season. That's outstanding!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not sure what happened between last year and this year to fix that part of the D, but it's been great. We've shut down two really good RBs the first two weeks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't like the 4th quarter floundering two weeks in a row, but this weeks was short lived and then we pretty much crushed their throats after the initial screw up with the INT.
    This week didn't feel like last week in that regard. I never felt worried that Dallas would get back in it. That SD game felt like it was slipping away. This one was mostly garbage time play by Dallas that didn't really concern me.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information