Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Good and the bad: Week 2

I wanted to throw in turnovers in the "bad" category. This really goes back to last week as well. I'm not placing the blame on anyone in particular (each one tells a different story) but think about this - we've allowed 38 points this year and 28 have directly come on our four turnovers. Every time we've turned the ball over, the other team has scored a TD. Not coincidentally, those are four of the five drives that have started in our territory (the other was the last drive of the game yesterday, which came via punt and ended on the Talib pick six). With the offense clicking, forcing the opponent to go the length of the field on our defense will be a great formula for success. We just have to clean up the turnovers.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I wanted to throw in turnovers in the "bad" category. This really goes back to last week as well. I'm not placing the blame on anyone in particular (each one tells a different story) but think about this - we've allowed 38 points this year and 28 have directly come on our four turnovers. Every time we've turned the ball over, the other team has scored a TD. Not coincidentally, those are four of the five drives that have started in our territory (the other was the last drive of the game yesterday, which came via punt and ended on the Talib pick six). With the offense clicking, forcing the opponent to go the length of the field on our defense will be a great formula for success. We just have to clean up the turnovers.
    I'm glad in a way that we have bad things to work on. This coaching staff has some stuff to go back and hammer the guys on and keep their attention.

As good as we've been, we have places to get better, and still have a decent amount of work to do to reach the potential out there. I'm getting pumped.

4. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Gotsis is playing really well, too.
    He's been the pleasant surprise of the season for me. His snap count was near 70% last week, close to Wolfe's. A performance like that against a quality rushing offense has my hopes for the season in a good place--a justifiably good place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He's been the pleasant surprise of the season for me. His snap count was near 70% last week, close to Wolfe's. A performance like that against a quality rushing offense has my hopes for the season in a good place--a justifiably good place.
    He had one play where he was pursuing Zeke down the line and not only was he closing great for his size, but his reach is like 18 feet with those arms... Very encouraged by him and Peko after two games... If you haven't seen that video that Brian Baldinger posted of Peko on his twitter timeline (I think Tned posted a link in the lounge) you should watch it. Great strength and technique shown by Peko.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Polynesian Power!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Polynesian Power!!!!
    "I'm a man! I'm gonna play 'til 40!"

12. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information