Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Good and the bad: Week 2

Third down conversions are where it is at. Denver has done extremely well at that so far. Good on the team and good on McCoy for his gameplan and playcalling.

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Bad - Menelik Watson's 1st half. Bowles injury.

In the 2nd half they started helping Menelik out with a TE or having the RB help him in pass pro. With Bowles out we are in some serious shit in pass pro. After Bowles got hurt, Menelik was on his own and did better, but we were running pretty much every play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Third down conversions are where it is at. Denver has done extremely well at that so far. Good on the team and good on McCoy for his gameplan and playcalling.
    Absolutely, McCoy needs to be high up on the "Good" list through two games. He's done a tremendous job imo.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yeah, for Little Peko again.
    Who had a big penalty.

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Was just going to say this. We overhauled the line with the intent to be better against the run, and it's been a huge success so far. Gotsis is certainly better than last year, and Shelby Harris has been a great diamond in the rough. Wolfe is still Wolfe. But Peko, to me, has been the biggest help. He's clearly been an upgrade on Williams, and has been a huge part of getting that push up front. I don't think that many fans were too excited about his signing, but this could be one of those great Elway under the radar pick ups that pays off big. And we've only had five healthy d-linemen each game so far! I think Kerr will be good against the run too as a rotational guy.
    Peko seems to be a great leader of men. I think he's done well filling in for some of Ware's veteran leadership.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here's another bad: That roughing the passer call against Von. I wasn't reading the game thread so I didn't see the reaction, but was that one of the worst roughing the passer calls of all time or what?

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Here's another bad: That roughing the passer call against Von. I wasn't reading the game thread so I didn't see the reaction, but was that one of the worst roughing the passer calls of all time or what?
    Between that and the offsides bs, I told my dad they may as well just make it a no pass rush league.

13. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don't think Von is ever really offsides, he just has the best jump in the game. Honestly I think he just waits for the center to twitch the ball and he's gone. He never seems fooled by the snap count, hence why he's never slow off the ball, and you always see him watching the ball when he's lined up.

I think it's just hard for the refs to be able to monitor his launch and the ball at the same time. There are so many times he looks "clearly" offsides but isn't. It's hilarious to see him rounding the tackle just as the ball clears the center's ass. Von has the most ridiculous fast-twitch ability I've ever seen.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don't think Von is ever really offsides, he just has the best jump in the game. Honestly I think he just waits for the center to twitch the ball and he's gone. He never seems fooled by the snap count, hence why he's never slow off the ball, and you always see him watching the ball when he's lined up.

I think it's just hard for the refs to be able to monitor his launch and the ball at the same time. There are so many times he looks "clearly" offsides but isn't. It's hilarious to see him rounding the tackle just as the ball clears the center's ass. Von has the most ridiculous fast-twitch ability I've ever seen.
    I generally agree but yesterday he definitely got a little antsy and was jumping offside pretty clearly.

He is a master of timing his rush but you could tell the sackless streak was getting to him and he was forcing it more than usual. The league really needs to start calling guys grabbing handfuls of his jersey, tackling him to the ground and water skiing behind him though. I can understand letting the borderline holding go because he could technically draw a call on every snap but you have got to set a precedent with the flagrant bullshit.
    Go Broncos!

Throw Shaq and B-Marsh in the good category for me so far as well. Both guys are beasting out there and playing at an incredibly high level.

Dixon can go in the bad. Haven't been a fan since day one and don't think he's a very good punter.
    Go Broncos!

18. The Following User High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    Throw Shaq and B-Marsh in the good category for me so far as well. Both guys are beasting out there and playing at an incredibly high level.

Dixon can go in the bad. Haven't been a fan since day one and don't think he's a very good punter.
    Tned in 3,2,1...

Hell - the kid only punted 3 times, right? First punt wasn't even until the 4th quarter, IIRC.

43 yard average. 48, 35 and 46.
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 09-18-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The rush defense has been amazing.
    I'm not sure what happened between last year and this year to fix that part of the D, but it's been great. We've shut down two really good RBs the first two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Peko happened. I think he's done great and Gotsis is much improved!

No more sly and no more crick.

Instead we have Peko and my Man Shelby Harris!!

Not sure why he isnt mentioned more, Shelby is a Damn BOSS!!!! He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team. That guy is a baller!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    No more sly and no more crick.

Instead we have Peko and my Man Shelby Harris!!

Not sure why he isnt mentioned more, Shelby is a Damn BOSS!!!! He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team. That guy is a baller!!
    Gotsis is playing really well, too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Yeah, that was a bad call. He did what they tell players to do and still got flagged. Mike Periera said as much on the broadcast.

I generally agree but yesterday he definitely got a little antsy and was jumping offside pretty clearly.
    He definitely jumped on a couple of those. One of his great strengths is perfect timing, but he was a little off yesterday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He is a master of timing his rush but you could tell the sackless streak was getting to him and he was forcing it more than usual. The league really needs to start calling guys grabbing handfuls of his jersey, tackling him to the ground and water skiing behind him though. I can understand letting the borderline holding go because he could technically draw a call on every snap but you have got to set a precedent with the flagrant bullshit.
    Yeah I think he was clearly jumping offside as well. He was definitely getting frustrated by the sackless streak. Now that that's over, I expect him to calm down and be the same old Von.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information