Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Garrett Bolles

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Stephenson played 2 snaps after Bolles went down. Why is that clown even on the roster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Stephenson played 2 snaps after Bolles went down. Why is that clown even on the roster?
    He only played those two snaps because Barbre was in the concussion protocol when Bolles went down.

I guess they only want him to play RT if necessary.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    He only played those two snaps because Barbre was in the concussion protocol when Bolles went down.

You're right. But, as Stokely said yesterday on the radio "I don't understand it at all." They need more T's and fewer G's. I can't understand why Stephenson is on the roster.

It's one of the imponderable mysteries of life, like "why the Karsashians Lord? Have we not suffered enough with plagues of toads and such like?"

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That's interesting because, in his presser today, VJ said it was a deep "bone bruise,"
    saying nothing about a high ankle sprain. He said it twice.
    The bone bruise was the high ankle sprain. Joseph is just pulling a Belichick: "it was a lower body injury."

It's funny, because Joseph said that Stephenson is the "swing tackle" but that Barbre would probably provide better run blocking. So what's the purpose of the swing tackle if not to take over when one of the starters is out for any reason? Not that I advocate playing Stephenson - I think this idea is much more creative, and gives a better chance of the best guys being on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    It's funny, because Joseph said that Stephenson is the "swing tackle" but that Barbre would probably provide better run blocking. So what's the purpose of the swing tackle if not to take over when one of the starters is out for any reason? Not that I advocate playing Stephenson - I think this idea is much more creative, and gives a better chance of the best guys being on the field.
    That's the question everybody was asking yesterday! What IS the purpose of having a "swing tackle" who can't swing to the LT when he's needed?

As Hugh Heffner had on his brass door plaque: "Si non oscillas, noli tintinare." ["If you don't swing, don't ring."]

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00341

Was in a hurry, there is an article on this site specific to bone bruises not just contusions in general, but I linked the wrong one. Will find the proper one later. In the meanwhile, the post below has good info.
    Last edited by LawDog; 09-19-2017 at 02:15 PM.

9. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Had no Idea so I looked up bone bruise.

People frequently think of a black-and-blue mark on the skin when they hear the word "bruise." However, a bruise is a type of injury that can also involve the muscle or a bone. A bone bruise is an injury that involves the medullary part of the bone, which consists of fibrous tissue called trabeculae. Compared to a bone fracture where all trabeculae of a part of a bone are broken, only a few trabeculae are injured in a bone bruise, and it may therefore be described or considered as a stage before an actual fracture occurs.

This image (L) shows a knee bone that has been injured, and beside it is a longitudinal cut of the bone which shows the medullary part of the bone (red) that exhibits some broken bone fibers are bleeding.

A bone bruise commonly occurs in the knee bone, involving the long bone of the thigh or femur, but it can also occur in other parts of the body such as the wrist, heel, foot, or hipbone.

Kinds of Bone Bruise

Depending on the area of bone involvement, there are three kinds of bone bruises, which include a subperiosteal hematoma, an interosseous bruise, and a subchondral bruise.

• Subperiosteal hematoma - A bone has a thin covering called the periosteum, and a direct force can cause an injury with bleeding beneath this covering, resulting in a subperiosteal hematoma.
    • Interosseous bruise - On the other hand, high compressive forces that are repetitively inflicted on a bone can cause bleeding inside the bone where the marrow is located, causing a bone bruise called interosseous bruising. This commonly occurs in the knees and ankles of professional basketball or football players.
    • Subchondral bruise - Finally, there is the subchondral bruise which occurs between a cartilage and the bone beneath it, causing the cartilage to separate from the bone with bleeding in between.

more here: http://www.md-health.com/Bone-Bruise.html
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

This is what Polumbus said. Stephenson is not a swing tackle, RT only.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The bone bruise was the high ankle sprain. Joseph is just pulling a Belichick: "it was a lower body injury."
    Actually, I misquoted a bit. VJ didn't say "bone bruise." He just said a bruise in the lower leg.
    Still probably the Belichick thing you spoke of . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

A bone bruise is not a ligament issue, at least mine wasn't. I twisted my foot completely backwards, Kuper style, in the process I got a bone bruise on the talus. It took months to heel, and I'm not a 300lb (yet) athlete. It showed up on an MRI nearly a year later.

From what I understand a bone bruise could actually become a fracture, so he's got that going for him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Bolles has a post-practice presser up on the team site. My only comment is that dude is so passionate...

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Bolles has a post-practice presser up on the team site. My only comment is that dude is so passionate...
    I looked at the shoulders and arms on the guy and decided I'm not going to say anything about his mama . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Garett Bolles grateful to be back on practice field after injury

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Garett Bolles had never before been hurt.

Not seriously, anyway.

Not at the high-school, collegiate or professional level. Not in lacrosse or football.

So when a Cowboys defensive lineman’s leg whipped into the back of Bolles left foot, he was understandably concerned.
    rest, plus video
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-2b0bb554347f

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I wanted a LT. Not him in particular, but I'm glad we have him. Easy to root for. He's a monster, and he feels disrespected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information