Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cowboys 09/17/17

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I just got a chance to watch the game (had to work and my game pass just let me watch it) and I will say... wow. We beat the brakes off those bitches. Zeke Elliot is probably thinking he should've just taken the suspension. The defense was incredible vs the "best O line in football". I was extremely impressed. Most of you know I'm not the biggest TS fan, but the guy is playing great football right now. I hope he can stay healthy because he has really established himself as "the guy".

This game was all about attitude and toughness and we made the Cowgirls look soft. What a great win!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The throw behind Fowler was bad because A. DT was open, and B. the play before Manny Sanders was open and frantically motioning to get TS's attention. I know he's not got a great pocket at any given time, but he's gotta make sure he's reading the entire field so he doesn't miss great opportunities like those.
    What's particularly bad about that play is that both DT and Sanders were open.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

4. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Much more shotgun. More runs from shotgun. More three wide. Very little resemblance to last year in terms of scheme.
    Lol, yeah y'all were saying all this last season while the Broncos were literally doing all these things.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Lol, yeah y'all were saying all this last season while the Broncos were literally doing all these things.
    The Broncos were second to last in percent of plays out of shotgun. As usual, I have no clue what you are saying or basing your statements on.

Some guy on Facebook was going off on Siemian and the fumble. He held it too long. Watson let his guy in immediately. Effing Watson is shit. Hot pile of shit.

When i called him on that he said he should have thrown it away.
    From inside the pocket?
    Yes.
    Uh, ya can't do that, you know that right?
    He should have.
    Umm ok, twit.

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Some guy on Facebook was going off on Siemian and the fumble. He held it too long. Watson let his guy in immediately. Effing Watson is shit. Hot pile of shit.

From inside the pocket?
    Yes.
    He should have.
    Umm ok, twit.
    Just pride, that's all it is. I find that kind of pride comical, where one won't simply admit that one is wrong.

But, of course, I've been guilty . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

10. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I said this in my thread, but this was the most surprising/impressive thing I saw from this team today. If they can shut down Zeke, they can shut down any running game.
    At least any run game that doesn't have a legit QB threat.

I kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

From inside the pocket?
    Yes.
    He should have.
    Umm ok, twit.
    Watson sucks, it was a mistake in the front office identifying him and making him the right tackle. McCoy has to find a way to give Siemian more time. Siemian has to hold on to the ball, though. Has to.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The Broncos were second to last in percent of plays out of shotgun. As usual, I have no clue what you are saying or basing your statements on.
    I didn't say they led the league in Shitgun, I said they ran all the things y'all say they didn't run. Literally everything, it didn't work.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I thought it was really interesting on the news Talib said that they were all studying at night and then really working on their play during practice. I have never heard of the team taking it upon themselves to study on their own time, except for Peyton, thank you for setting that up BTW. I hope the national sportscasters keeps underestimating this team. They are playing great with that chip on their shoulder.
    Getting Stoked

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Hmm. I dunno - they tried going for the jugular to make it a 42-10 laugher and Siemian missed DT by a country mile. TD Dallas. Overall it's hard not to say Siemian hasn't exceeded expectations but when he has screwed up it seems to be pretty catastrophic and invariably resulting in points for the other team. I can understand the caution at that moment in the game.
    Hard to say who was at fault there, DT was doing a button hook but Siemian thought he was going long. Just a miscommunication it looks like.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wasn't quite as bad, but i just want a put your foot on their neck and don't let up kind of thing. Run, run 3rd and 15 i tell my dad, going to run it again, he said no they won't, sure enough, run no gain and punt. At least get a first down. You can play smart and still be aggressive.
    I can get on board with this, at least maybe throw a bomb so that if its intercepted it acts nothing more than a punt at that point. But running to just pick up a yard or two does nothing really.
    Last edited by Northman; 09-18-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I can get on board with this, at least maybe throw a bomb so that if its intercepted it acts nothing more than a punt at that point. But running to just pick up a yard or two does nothing really.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with this theory, the biggest difference between throwing a deep pick and running then punting is that you run an extra 40 seconds off the clock or force them to use a timeout, which isn't insignificant when you're up multiple scores late.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It was all about the clock, not the yards.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

25. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information