Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cowboys 09/17/17

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im sorry, Jason Garrett is a bitch. How do you throw all that on a 2nd year QB? Holy ****. I would fire Garrett on principle alone. What a ******* little douchebag.
    I heard the sound bite, and this headline is inflammatory and out of context, but what do you expect in today's world of "journalism".

He said the Cowboys needed to make more plays in the passing game, and that he would need to look at the tape to figure out why they didn't.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I heard the sound bite, and this headline is inflammatory and out of context, but what do you expect in today's world of "journalism".

He said the Cowboys needed to make more plays in the passing game, and that he would need to look at the tape to figure out why they didn't.
    Agreed. At least in the post game press conference, he did not throw Dak under the bus.

On what went wrong in tonight's game

"First off, we did not have that many plays and we need to have more plays. Secondly, we did not run the ball very effectively and they were loaded up to stop the run. That was going to be their style of defense. They had a lot of guys around the line of scrimmage, they were loading up the box and playing man-to-man coverage outside. We had some success outside, but we really need to have some success throwing the ball to get them out of that defense. We were not able to do that on a consistent basis, again on third downs limited just the number of plays that we had. We got into a two-minute situation late in the second quarter so that eats up running opportunities and obviously we want to be a balanced team. That is who we have been. Be physical, control the line of scrimmage and control the tempo of the game. We have been able to do that on a consistent basis here the last year, so obviously we were not able to do that today."

On what QB Dak Prescott could have changed

"We'll have to go back and look at it, but obviously when they play that style of defense, you have to be able to consistently attack them in the passing game. At different times today, I thought we were able to do that at times and other times we simply weren't. We didn't make the plays for whatever reason, we'll go back and evaluate the tape and hopefully get better because of it."

FWIW, here is the full quote from Joseph on 3rd downs and the credit he is primarily giving Trevor, along with great receivers.

On what has contributed to third-down success

“I think it’s Trevor. It’s decision making and its ball placement. Third downs are strictly on the quarterback. You’re seeing exotic pressures versus four-man rush zones. It’s all Trevor and obviously having great targets in [WR Demaryius Thomas] ‘88,’ [WR Emmanuel Sanders] ‘10’ and [WR] Bennie [Fowler III] who’s been great on third downs also, and the tight ends. It’s Trevor. He’s been efficient and he’s been smart with the football. I’ve been pleased with Trevor, with his whole game, not just third downs.”

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Not sure if this was posted, I didn't see it last night:

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Benny went on to thank coach Reeves for all of his support and that he hoped titanic would win best picture.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Benny went on to thank coach Reeves for all of his support and that he hoped titanic would win best picture.
    My son said Dick Cheney was the president when he had a concussion. This was after Obama had been in office for at least four years. He couldn't even get the administration right.

Im sorry, Jason Garrett is a bitch. How do you throw all that on a 2nd year QB? Holy ****. I would fire Garrett on principle alone. What a ******* little douchebag.
    You'd have to ask our fanbase how they go about throwing a lot on first and second year QB's...

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You'd have to ask our fanbase how they go about throwing a lot on first and second year QB's...
    Do we not do the positive only gameday threads anymore? We might need to bring those back.

13. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Do we not do the positive only gameday threads anymore? We might need to bring those back.
    Just might need that.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Totally different scenarios for me. Fanbases can be fickle no matter the team, but when your own HC goes about doing something like that in that manner its a much larger issue for me.

Totally different scenarios for me. Fanbases can be fickle no matter the team, but when your own HC goes about doing something like that in that manner its a much larger issue for me.
    Obviously, I think he was pointing out how unrealistic some of the expectations of a 2nd year, first time starter were last year in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Obviously, I think he was pointing out how unrealistic some of the expectations of a 2nd year, first time starter were last year in Denver.
    In a facetious sort of way yes.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Another awesome trip to Denver. Helluva game. First time I've had seats in the North end. We sat in section 111 and it was so damn loud anytime the cowgirls had the ball. Added bonus was all the TDs Denver scored right in front of us. Fans were all great except for the one obligatory drunk dallas fan that got his cheek split open when he failed to heed the advice of a guy twice his size who suggested he calm down and not try to go up the stairs to continue measuring dicks with some other knucklehead.

Sorry for not getting together with any other forum members, will definitely have to make that a priority next trip.

20. The Following 7 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Fans were all great except for the one obligatory drunk dallas fan that got his cheek split open when he failed to heed the advice of a guy twice his size who suggested he calm down and not try to go up the stairs to continue measuring dicks with some other knucklehead.
    I like to kill them with kindness. At the opener, I had a Patriots fan site RIGHT next to me. First of all, if we aren't playing the Patriots it's already a d-bag move to wear the jersey, secondly... gross! Anyway every time the Broncos scored he was the first person I would high five and slap on the shoulder. For some reason he just looked at me confused and would high five me back. He probably thought I was hitting on him. Then our entire row would boo him incessantly each time he got up to get a drink or use the restroom which was fun. I like to play with opposing fans emotions.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I like to kill them with kindness. At the opener, I had a Patriots fan site RIGHT next to me. First of all, if we aren't playing the Patriots it's already a d-bag move to wear the jersey, secondly... gross! Anyway every time the Broncos scored he was the first person I would high five and slap on the shoulder. For some reason he just looked at me confused and would high five me back. He probably thought I was hitting on him. Then our entire row would boo him incessantly each time he got up to get a drink or use the restroom which was fun. I like to play with opposing fans emotions.
    In another life, you would be the chief inquisitor, the one they brought in for the especially hard cases that the normal torture-technique inquisitors couldn't crack.

:shiver:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information