Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cowboys 09/17/17

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    How would it help if he shot himself in the ass (again)?

Great reminder though: Live by the sword, die by the sword. I've never understood the logic that judges an acts propriety by its perpetrator rather than its nature. It's fine for Talib to publicly ADMIT trying to snap a guys neck in the SB just to "send a message" (presumably the message was "try to score on us and I'll try to paralyze you from the neck down") but if some random WR pulls one of our patented cut blocks on Von he's a jackass.
    Because Talib can't actually break the guy's neck that way in the given situation whereas the cut block, often times done illegally to Von, actually CAN cause harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Why does it have to be so hard to understand the difference between blocking someone from the front compared to the side and the subsequent health risk involved?

How would it help if he shot himself in the ass (again)?

Great reminder though: Live by the sword, die by the sword. I've never understood the logic that judges an acts propriety by its perpetrator rather than its nature. It's fine for Talib to publicly ADMIT trying to snap a guys neck in the SB just to "send a message" (presumably the message was "try to score on us and I'll try to paralyze you from the neck down") but if some random WR pulls one of our patented cut blocks on Von he's a jackass.
    Jesus ******* Christ. It was a joke, Joel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why does it have to be so hard to understand the difference between blocking someone from the front compared to the side and the subsequent health risk involved?
    Because Talib is gonna be slow ... someday!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I have never seen a fan who hates his team so much.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Joel doesn't register on the 'New York Jets' Scale of misery.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He hates all 5 of his teams.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Wait, is Joel a Jets fan, too?

Joel... After the first letter of your name...are you throwing down some E..T...S..?

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Because Talib can't actually break the guy's neck that way in the given situation whereas the cut block, often times done illegally to Von, actually CAN cause harm.
    Yanking a guy's facemask sideways and backward when he's at a full spring the other direction can't snap his neck? You've got a lot to learn about physiology if you're going to be a professional ambulance chaser.

Joel doesn't register on the 'New York Jets' Scale of misery.
    Well, I used to know a Bungles fan who REALLY hated his team, his NEW teams HC and as recently as last week was pretty down on his new teams QB also....

All that said,

Jesus ******* Christ. It was a joke, Joel.
    Fair point, my apologies; you even included the smilies and everything.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Yanking a guy's facemask sideways and backward when he's at a full spring the other direction can't snap his neck? You've got a lot to learn about physiology if you're going to be a professional ambulance chaser.

Well, I used to know a Bungles fan who REALLY hated his team, his NEW teams HC and as recently as last week was pretty down on his new teams QB also....

All that said,

Fair point, my apologies; you even included the smilies and everything.
    Do you think NFL players have the necks of a chicken?

Do you think NFL players have the necks of a chicken?
    Merton Hanks always did, but I believe whiplash is typically a human injury. It's not like no NFL player's ever broken his neck on the field.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Merton Hanks always did, but I believe whiplash is typically a human injury. It's not like no NFL player's ever broken his neck on the field.
    Yeah, facemak penalties are often the causes of devastating injuries. The man's a killer!

1) We are the VERY last team with any right to complain someone cut our defender as their RB cut back toward him: We patented that move and shrugged when opposing LBs, DEs, and DTs screamed about their knees. It's not like the WR just suddenly rolled up on him miles from the ball: He was trying to block (emphasis on "trying.")
    Actually, SF started the cut blocking and extra-curricular leg whipping in the early-80's under bald-headed ex-military man Bobb McKittrick. When they played the Falcons (when they had Jerry Glanville as DC), they would get hit late, so they decided to give it back to Jerry's charges after the whistle. In true 49er fashion, they decided to continue using those leg-whipping tactics throughout most (if not all) of their glory days.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information