Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cowboys 09/17/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wasnt sure we would be able to beat the Chargers last week and even though it seems the refs found a way to try to get them back in the game we still looked pretty good on offense (at least compared to last year). The only question in this game really comes down to how our offense stacks vs their defense and how our defense stacks vs their offense. We are talking about one of the best Olines' in football with probably one of the best RB's in football. Watching the defense crumble late last week doesnt give me a lot of hope that 24 pts will be enough to beat the Cowboys.

Cowboys- 31
    Broncos- 20

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He very well might, since most QBs do. And I'm sure people will use it as evidence he was a fraud all along.

I also think it's possible our defense isn't as good this year as people think it is. I didn't leave the chargers game fully convinced. This game will tell us a lot.
    Prescott is young but i think he has already proven he can play in this league. Even if Denver finds a way to win today it wont mean much to me, if our defense is for real i would expect them to make an impact on Dak in some shape or form. But we better be careful because unlike Rivers Dak can actually run with the ball (ala R. Wilson) which has posed a problem for us in the past.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just win the game, BRONCOS!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Well, Michael Irvin just predicted that the Cowboys will shut out the Broncos today so I guess that's that.
    Was he high, and did he have white powder around his nose.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is a tough game for me. I don't want to root against Dak. This is a big game for him to prove himself (not that he should need to for anyone who's actually watched him play). Still hope we win obviously but I'd like for him to play well too. Won't be able to watch live regardless I as I'm flying today, so I'll have to avoid the result until I can watch it tonight.
    Holy ****, dude. How about hoping Dak plays like shit today and plays great next week?

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy Gameday Broncos fans.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I've posted this elsewhere, but I have it at around 34-20 Denver. It would not surprise me if the Denver D holds them to one TD and then some FGs, and then I would think Dallas would be more like 16, but they have enough explosive talent, that I'm going two TDs and two FGs for Dallas.

I think the Broncos offense picks up where they were throughout most of last game. Hopefully, a little better pass protection, a couple fewer drops and the Broncos offense should be in the high 20's to low 30's.

Hence, 34-20 Denver.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Our new guy, Rubin, not expected to play today. So I guess it's Peko and Peko at NT

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Holy ****, dude. How about hoping Dak plays like shit today and plays great next week?
    If the result is a win I'd rather him not play like shit. Now if us winning requires him play like shit then sure, I'll take it. Luckily whatever I root for doesn't really matter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The winner of today's Dallas-Denver clash boils down to one of two teams . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

17. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 51m

Plan for DeMarcus ware today: Will serve as alumni captain for coin toss. Then Broncos will air video tribute after first quarter.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 58m

Hearing it's "probably a longshot" Ahtyba Rubin is active for Broncos-Cowboys. Rubin was signed Friday.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    The winner of today's Dallas-Denver clash boils down to one of two teams . . .
    Insightful.

Today should answer many questions for us. Dallas has no D apart from Sean Lee and DeMarcus Lawrence, so if our retooled offense is half as good as advertised it should score a lot; it it doesn't, well, there's our first answer. Conversely, Dallas has an electric and very balanced offense with Dakzekiel behind an elite line, so if we can hold them to few points we'll know our D remains equally legit; if not, well, there's our second answer.

I could easily see this going either way because we're such polar opposites, but think we nearly always win a low-scoring game and nearly always lose a high-scoring one. We can't win a shootout with the 21st Century Triplets and new Great Wall of Dallas, but if our offense can stay in it our D can make critical stops when they matter most.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

We gonna here this all day...."down goes Dak"....."Miller is abusing Dak". BRONCOS gonna get a big W.

22. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Kerr is OUT today - five man DL again this week against the Cowboys

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information