Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Crick is going to IR

Default Sounds like Crick is going to IR

Broncos DL Jared Crick is undergoing back surgery and will have a "lengthy absence."
    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Crick could be headed to I.R. We'd bet on it after the Broncos signed DT Ahtyba Rubin on Friday morning. Crick didn't play Week 1 and was rather terrible across 938 snaps last season
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7508/jared-crick

Apparently we signed Ahtyaba Rubin in his place

Broncos signed DT Ahtyba Rubin, formerly of the Seahawks.
    Rubin, 31, was dumped by the Seahawks at final cuts after they traded for Sheldon Richardson. The Broncos' defensive front needs help; NT Domata Peko and DT Jared Crick are below-average starters. Rubin isn't much of an upgrade, but he's worth a flier to help try and shore up this defense.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4932/ahtyba-rubin

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Sorry crick but this is perfect. I don't know the other guy but I already like him better...and he played for Seattle, whom they tried to trade. Mo way would anyone trade for crick
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I posted this in the game week thread. Some of the beat writers are saying it's not a guarantee he gets surgery, but I suspect that's where it's headed. Back injuries are tricky, so that's probably the best course of action for him.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Sorry crick but this is perfect. I don't know the other guy but I already like him better...and he played for Seattle, whom they tried to trade. Mo way would anyone trade for crick
    No one would trade for Rubin either. Crick was having a great camp and preseason before going down with injury. Rubin is a run stuffing beast, but offers no pass rush. Mr. Harris, come on down!

7. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Rubin was really suspect across the board last year, he's not a great player currently IMO, but could find a second wind with us. Crick's not a great player either so really it's kind of a wash.

We're basically going to have to keep signing warm bodies to toss at that position all year until one sticks anyway, Rubin's as good as anyplace to start doing so.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No one would trade for Rubin either. Crick was having a great camp and preseason before going down with injury. Rubin is a run stuffing beast, but offers no pass rush. Mr. Harris, come on down!
    From what I understand (and I could be wrong) Rubin even struggled against the run last year which is why Seattle is cutting bait. Sometimes a fresh location can cause a player to bounce back, we'll see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    From what I understand (and I could be wrong) Rubin even struggled against the run last year which is why Seattle is cutting bait. Sometimes a fresh location can cause a player to bounce back, we'll see how it works out.
    He can be thrown right into the fire against Zeke and that O-line this week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Only reason Seattle cut him was because they got Richardson.

I like our rotation of Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis. I don't think we have to count on Rubin starting. He was a good player at one point in his career, but sure what he has left in the tank

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

crick is a slug. . . i won't miss watching him get pushed around. . . gotsis looked great on monday night . . .

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Did anyone get a look at Jarrett's three snaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Crick is John Engelberger. Excellently average in all areas
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    i only noticed him out there once. . . they weren't moving him, though. . .

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Awesome sign! DL is upgraded. Look forward to seeing some actions from Rubin!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I looked away from the screen on one play in particular to hear them call his name. I know he had one run stuff, but I didn't actually see the play. I just heard the announcers talking about how massive he is and how difficult he would be to move out of the way

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information