Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Focus Numbers

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Pro Football Focus Numbers

Sept 10, 2017 Chargers

Denver Broncos
    : Second-year defensive end Adam Gotsis had a 36.4 percent run stop percentage. That is tied for the best for any interior defensive linemen in the past decade.

Power Rankings

9. DENVER BRONCOS
    A late cover by the Chargers notwithstanding, the Denver defense remains one of the league’s best, earning the league’s second-highest run defense grade last Monday night against Melvin Gordon and the Chargers. If they’re going to continue to be competitive within the best division in all of football, quarterback
    Trevor Siemian needs to generate more success on play action, where his passer rating was only 65.1 Week 1, despite utilizing it at the second-highest rate (29.7 percent).

WEEK ONE QB Rankings

10. Trevor Siemian Denver Broncos

After some good fortune on a dropped interception that could have gone for a touchdown in the first quarter, Siemian carried the Broncos offense the rest of the way highlighted by two big touchdown throws facing 3rd and Goal situations that was ultimately the difference in the game. Siemian showed his athleticism taking off for some key rush yards including a touchdown run on a designed roll out. His
    122.9 passer rating under pressure was third-best in Week 1.

EDGE SHAQUIL BARRETT, 84.3 OVERALL GRADE
    With edge rusher Shane Ray out injured, the Broncos turned to Barrett to pick up his slack and did he ever deliver. Barrett was even more impressive rushing the passer than his teammate Miller, racking up a sack and five additional hurries of the quarterback. His pass-rushing productivity score of 17.6 ranks third among all 3-4 outside linebackers in Week 1. He also chipped in with a solo run stop and was nearly unblockable all game long for this Broncos defense.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 11 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by PFF View Post
    122.9 passer rating under pressure
    That is encouraging.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Makes me wonder if the drop off in performance for Trevor in the play action can be directly attributed to the struggles of the OL, especially on the right side. I seem to remember a lengthy discussion during preseason regarding a sack that Trevor took on a PA play, and the fact that PA just takes longer thus giving the opposing D pass rush more time to be disruptive.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That is encouraging.
    True. Gonna take it with a grain of salt though.

That dropped INT would have made a big diff.

He moved the offense and finished some nice drives with scores against a really good pass rush........cant complain.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

7. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Just heard on AM 760 that PFF stats show Simmons has missed 0 tackles in 352 career defensive snaps as a safety. Apparently that's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Just heard on AM 760 that PFF stats show Simmons has missed 0 tackles in 352 career defensive snaps as a safety. Apparently that's good.
    Especially since Ward was one of the highest in terms of missed tackles last year I believe. Will need to see if I can find that.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    True. Gonna take it with a grain of salt though.

That dropped INT would have made a big diff.

He moved the offense and finished some nice drives with scores against a really good pass rush........cant complain.
    And, the Fowler non PI/Holding call that should have been called and not resulted in a fluke INT, offset that in terms of the diff.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Especially since Ward was one of the highest in terms of missed tackles last year I believe. Will need to see if I can find that.
    Here it is:

• Ward’s PFF overall grade of 75.9 in 2016 was the worst of his career, ranking as the 48th best safety. The biggest weakness in his game last season was run defense. His eight missed tackles in run defense were the fourth most of any safety in 2016. When lined up within eight yards of the line of scrimmage Ward missed six tackles which were the third most of any safety.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ures-hamstring

They did say he was the best blitzing safety, however, last year, creating 17 pressures.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Here's some offensive (very offensive) stats from PFF:

Watson:

3rd from the bottom in pass blocking efficiency 81.1%
    3rd from the bottom in pressures allowed in 8 (on 37 pass plays)
    Worst in the league with 4 sacks allowed (next worse is 2)

Overall, the line was:

5th worst in pass blocking efficcency
    Tied for 3rd worst in pressures (16 pressures in 37 pass plays)
    Second worst with 5 sacks (must have changed a run to a sack at some point)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl...ficiency#tools

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That is encouraging.
    Don't give in to hate. That leads to the Dark Side.

What isn't so impressive is he was under pressure nearly all game.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Don't give in to hate. That leads to the Dark Side.

What isn't so impressive is he was under pressure nearly all game.
    Everything isn't going to be perfect all the time.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Makes me wonder if the drop off in performance for Trevor in the play action can be directly attributed to the struggles of the OL, especially on the right side. I seem to remember a lengthy discussion during preseason regarding a sack that Trevor took on a PA play, and the fact that PA just takes longer thus giving the opposing D pass rush more time to be disruptive.
    I think that SD started sending Ingram and Bosa at the QB almost exclusively in the 4th qtr. It became a "stop the run on the way to the QB" scenario. Unfortunately, if they don't bite on play action, it's less time for Siemian to survey the coverage after the fake and find the open guy. Prolly why there was a drop off.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I think chargers have 1 of best DL and insane pass rushing duos. Struggling against them is expected.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think chargers have 1 of best DL and insane pass rushing duos. Struggling against them is expected.
    Exactly, which makes 4 yards per carry impressive. Bosa and Ingram on the edge with Luiget in the middle are as good as you'll find anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    If they’re going to continue to be competitive within the best division in all of football, quarterback Trevor Siemian needs to generate more success on play action, where his passer rating was only 65.1 Week 1, despite utilizing it at the second-highest rate (29.7 percent).
    We SUCK at PA yet keep using it more than almost ANYONE?! Our playcalling's garbage: Elway should fire Kubiak again....

Or, y'know, maybe our blocking's garbage, so any rushing success is almost entirely due to whichever starting RB will be on IR by midseason, opposing Ds ignore our toothless play fakes to just charge our QB, who will also be on IR by midseason due to the aforementioned garbage blocking. It HAS gotten better in spots, now that Elway finally bit the bullet and spent a 1st round pick on the drafts 1st OT instead of its 9th or 11th, and signed a top FA guard (even if he's currently in concussion protocol.) But the right's still a disaster area despite yet another bargain gamble on a FA starting RT (because the last one was so good we had to immediately replace him) and yet another TBD "starting" RG. At least Paradis is a decent pass blocker; without the power to run block, he's gonna need to stay solid on a lot of 3rd and 12s.

That darned Kubiak: He's such an outdated unimaginative coach he's still screwing up a playbook he didn't even write!
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information