Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Focus Numbers

Default Two things:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Joel did you miss the part where our offense scored 3 touchdowns? How often did that happen last year, especially against good defenses like SD?
    1) Unconvinced SDs D IS good; past few years they've blitzed like crazy because their line's sucked since Jamal Williams got old and their secondary was even worse. Maybe Mebane and Verrett can change both, but I'm waiting to see that before "crowning" anyone.

2) Three TDs in a whole game is only impressive by comparison to how awful our offense has been the past few years, especially if SDs D is nothing special. The big improvement was finishing all but one drive that reached the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Absolutely. McCoy's strengths seem to be recognizing what his players do well and catering a plan to that. That's what I saw Monday.
    That's his sole strength: He's not a great coach and has never made any player any better, but is good enough to recognize what players do well and game plan around it—as is Kubiak. Neither can be faulted for being saddled with players who do few things well; contrary to popular belief, coaches neither draft rookies nor sign vets.

Regardless, heavy dependence on running to set up equally heavy reliance on play action is no more nor less unimaginative, predictable and outdated NOW than it was the last two year. An IDENTICAL game plan can't suddenly and inexplicably go from pathos to perfection just because a different guy's calling all the same plays.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    1) Unconvinced SDs D IS good; past few years they've blitzed like crazy because their line's sucked since Jamal Williams got old and their secondary was even worse. Maybe Mebane and Verrett can change both, but I'm waiting to see that before "crowning" anyone.

2) Three TDs in a whole game is only impressive by comparison to how awful our offense has been the past few years, especially if SDs D is nothing special. The big improvement was finishing all but one drive that reached the red zone.

That's his sole strength: He's not a great coach and has never made any player any better, but is good enough to recognize what players do well and game plan around it—as is Kubiak. Neither can be faulted for being saddled with players who do few things well; contrary to popular belief, coaches neither draft rookies nor sign vets.

Regardless, heavy dependence on running to set up equally heavy reliance on play action is no more nor less unimaginative, predictable and outdated NOW than it was the last two year. An IDENTICAL game plan can't suddenly and inexplicably go from pathos to perfection just because a different guy's calling all the same plays.
    McCoy made Tebow better.

Btw, position coaches (and HC's) absolutely draft players.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Who is this this San Diego you guys speak of?
    Merry.

4. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

6. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

CJ Anderson 87.7 Overall grade

Anderson was the Broncos’ work-horse in the great game, carrying the load with 25 rushing attempts, gaining 118 yards on the ground alone. On his rushing touchdown, Denver’s offense ran a power to the left, where he used patience to allow blocks to develop, finding the hole and hitting it up in there, then veering left on his way to the end zone. He also had three receptions for 36 yards, including a 16-yard touchdown in which Anderson showed determination to plow through players at the goal line.

In fact, that’s one of his best assets: Anderson rarely goes down with first contact. He’s forced the second-most missed tackles this season with 12.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Demaryius Thomas 80.1 OVerall grade

Thomas was the league’s 11th-highest graded receiver on the week, with an 80.1 overall rating from PFF. He hauled in six of his eight targets for 71 yards and enjoyed 34 yards after the catch.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Von Miller 89.6 OG

Von Miller was a monster again this week, playing his best football of this early season. He enjoyed a league-high 12 quarterback pressures against Dak Prescott, with two sacks, two QB hits and eight hurries. His constant pressure threw off Prescott and the Cowboys offense’s timing and even helped force two interceptions.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Shaq Barrett 87.3 OG

Barrett continues to be a beast from that other edge-rushing spot, with nine total QB pressures, behind only Miller on the week. That’s 21 pressures from the two of them on 50 passes by Prescott — simply amazing. And while Barrett is usually used as a pass-rushing guy, he enjoyed the best run stop percentage among edge rushers, with four tackles on only 10 run plays.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Chris Harris 87.7 OG

Chris Harris was the highest graded cornerback on the Broncos this week, and he was the fourth-highest among all CBs in the NFL. He allowed only three catches on eight targets for 29 yards with the interception and a pass defended.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Aqib Talib 84.2 OG

Talib enjoyed the most memorable play of the game, a 103-yard interception return for a touchdown, and overall, he played much better in Week 2 than Week 1. So did the entire “No Fly Zone” in the win over Dallas, even if Talib did allow five receptions on nine targets, including a touchdown allowed.

Offensively, the Broncos are producing better than most expected, fourth-best in the NFL at 33.0 points per game. They’re the No. 1 rushing team in the league with 318 yards and Trevor Siemian is playing the best football of his young career.

Defensively, Denver’s playing better than 2016, maybe as good as their 2015 level, even with a rash of injuries up front. Their 104 yards rushing allowed is the fourth-fewest in the NFL and they’ve yet to allow a touchdown on the ground while forcing three interceptions as well, tied for the league lead.

This team is primed to once again compete for the AFC West, even with the rise of the Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs as of late.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Ronald Leary 77 OG

Leary was a highlight of the Broncos’ offensive line, enjoying a perfect pass-blocking efficiency, leading to an 83.1 pass-blocking grade per PFF. Zero pressures on 35 pass snaps is exactly what Denver needs out of the giant offseason addition at guard.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Ronald Leary 77 OG

Leary was a highlight of the Broncos’ offensive line, enjoying a perfect pass-blocking efficiency, leading to an 83.1 pass-blocking grade per PFF. Zero pressures on 35 pass snaps is exactly what Denver needs out of the giant offseason addition at guard.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Couldn't read the text, its white on white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Couldn't read the text, its white on white.
    I just don't understand why people change the font color.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I just don't understand why people change the font color.
    I had to on all of these. For some reason, wouldnt show.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

20. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information