Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch Releases

Too funny, I will try that out!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

That's funny as hell. Skryim is an awesome achievement of a game. I am slightly put-off by the fact that encounters/enemies scale with you, as it makes "leveling" feel a bit hollow, but it's still a great game.

3. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That's funny as hell. Skryim is an awesome achievement of a game. I am slightly put-off by the fact that encounters/enemies scale with you, as it makes "leveling" feel a bit hollow, but it's still a great game.
    I always go out of my way to be overpowered by killing higher end enemies if I can. I remember being like level 5 in Oblivion and getting an Ebony Armor set and a good sword by sniping someone wearing it by hitting them from above with a low level fire spell for almost an hour. I was just high enough that they couldn't hit me. The scaling of the enemies always makes them juuuust out of reach for you to be OP in Skyrim unless you got a good sword. There is a good sword found on the mast of a ship that knocks the enemy back every three hits, can't remember the name. You can take dragons out easily with it.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I always go out of my way to be overpowered by killing higher end enemies if I can. I remember being like level 5 in Oblivion and getting an Ebony Armor set and a good sword by sniping someone wearing it by hitting them from above with a low level fire spell for almost an hour. I was just high enough that they couldn't hit me. The scaling of the enemies always makes them juuuust out of reach for you to be OP in Skyrim unless you got a good sword. There is a good sword found on the mast of a ship that knocks the enemy back every three hits, can't remember the name. You can take dragons out easily with it.
    The scaling stops at some point, I can't remember where exactly.. but if you just grind XP and do side quests, the main quest is a breeze and you are definitely OP.

Still, I like old school RPG's that have set encounters and that if you wander into them too soon you get obliterated, but careful strategy is rewarded by giving great loot to relatively low level players... BG2 comes to mind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The scaling stops at some point, I can't remember where exactly.. but if you just grind XP and do side quests, the main quest is a breeze and you are definitely OP.

Still, I like old school RPG's that have set encounters and that if you wander into them too soon you get obliterated, but careful strategy is rewarded by giving great loot to relatively low level players... BG2 comes to mind.
    Old school Final Fantasy was great with that. Sometimes you could level up in zones that shouldn't have been available quite yet (like the tip of an island on the map that was just inside a higher level zone) and speed level. I like having the option!

I think most elder scrolls games are a wash after about level 55. After that if you have a full set of chameleon armor or a good one handed weapon you can breeze through most encounters.

If it scales with you then oh shit...

I have had my ass handed to me several times in Skyrim so far.

My conclusion is that I suck lol.

Fun though

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If it scales with you then oh shit...

I have had my ass handed to me several times in Skyrim so far.

My conclusion is that I suck lol.

Fun though
    You'll get the hang of it. Trick is to focus your character initially. Know what you want to be and don't spread your perks out too much too early. Stealth is incredibly powerful.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I think I'll spend some time doing some alchemy to sell potions so I can buy better gear. I read potion selling is the best way to make cash.

Lasting a little longer in a fight would be good, I was getting ass whipped meeting the greybeards by a frost troll.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Breath of the wild is one of the most highly distilled, polished, fun games I've ever played. Nintendo has it's finger on the pulse with this one.

I was originally put off by weapon breakage, but the more I play, the more I see the genius in that.

13. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Breath of the wild is one of the most highly distilled, polished, fun games I've ever played. Nintendo has it's finger on the pulse with this one.

I was originally put off by weapon breakage, but the more I play, the more I see the genius in that.
    Oh god I hated that at first, then I realized that weapons are so situational in that game it almost didn't matter. I got really good at setting traps for enemies, raiding the camps for better weapons, then killing them with their own stuff that it didn't matter after a while.

The way they handled the Master Sword is brilliant though, I was worried that you could only use it so much before it broke but they use the power system on it to great effect

My favorite thing about that game is that even the "open" spaces feel like they serve a purpose and even after putting over 150 hours into that game I still haven't seen all of it. Easily my game of the year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think I'll spend some time doing some alchemy to sell potions so I can buy better gear. I read potion selling is the best way to make cash.

Lasting a little longer in a fight would be good, I was getting ass whipped meeting the greybeards by a frost troll.
    First thing I do with any playthrough of Skyrim is start the Dark Brotherhood quest. You get the best horse in the game for Free (Shadowmere) and one of the last parts of the questline gives you a sword called the Windshear that staggers enemies on every second hit so you can even take out dragons solo. It's supposed to stagger randomly, but it's glitched. And yes it does work in the Switch version!

This is the location of the Windshear sword. The ship only appears as part of the Dark Brotherhood quest but like I said for a badass horse with red glowing eyes and a sword you can use through the endgame it's totally worth it:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Wow, I've played through skryrim at least 5 times now and never knew about windshear.... cool!

I'm still really put off by it, I should really play more. I'm not overly far into it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm still really put off by it, I should really play more. I'm not overly far into it.
    Later on you get so overwhelmed by new weapons it's ridiculous. Guardian Weapons, Lynel Swords, Flame Greatswords, and the Master Sword. There is also a trident from Zora that is essentially unbreakable but it has to get repaired. Early on it really feels like a survival game though.

Also, if you come across rusty weapons save them. You can toss them into those Octo-rocks (the octopus enemies) that suck in air. When they take in a big breath throw a rusty weapon at them. They clean it and spit out a pretty strong weapon back at you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Wow, I've played through skryrim at least 5 times now and never knew about windshear.... cool!
    I know! It's hilarious and kind of a cheap weapon because of the stagger glitch but awesome nonetheless. I basically use that and a low level healing spell the entire game and hardly ever die unless I misjudge how high a jump is.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information