Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch Releases

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Nintendo Switch Releases

I got a Switch for my son then ended putting in 100+ hours on the new Zelda myself. Now today Square announces Octopath Traveler which is basically old school Final Fantasy on steroids:

Not only that but the new Doom and Wolfenstein sequels that are coming to PC and consoles are also coming to the Switch! Pretty cool stuff, plus the new Mario in October. Quickly becoming my favorite console/handheld system ever.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Here are the others:

Doom and Wolfenstein II:

Mario Odyssey:

Xenoblade 2:

Rocket League:

SKYRIM!

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I got a Switch for my son then ended putting in 100+ hours on the new Zelda myself. Now today Square announces Octopath Traveler which is basically old school Final Fantasy on steroids:

Not only that but the new Doom and Wolfenstein sequels that are coming to PC and consoles are also coming to the Switch! Pretty cool stuff, plus the new Mario in October. Quickly becoming my favorite console/handheld system ever.
    I can't wait for the inevitable switch emulator in 6 months to a year lol. That's how I played Zelda on a Wii U emulator on my PC. Though in all honestly, unlike the Wii U, I'd really like to get a switch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I can't wait for the inevitable switch emulator in 6 months to a year lol. That's how I played Zelda on a Wii U emulator on my PC. Though in all honestly, unlike the Wii U, I'd really like to get a switch.
    People already have it running on their PC's. Lots of hilarious mods already for Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Overall though I am very happy with my Switch. The battery life is great in portable mode and the graphics when it is docked are great. Need to get a better memory card for it though, lots of good independent titles coming up that I want to download!

People already have it running on their PC's. Lots of hilarious mods already for Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Overall though I am very happy with my Switch. The battery life is great in portable mode and the graphics when it is docked are great. Need to get a better memory card for it though, lots of good independent titles coming up that I want to download!
    Yea I've played BOTW via emulator, I haven't done any of the crazy modding or anything. I haven't beaten very far into it yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I pre-ordered the Odyssey bundle for the kids for xmas, but I'm sure I'll put my share of hours into BotW.

I also grabbed an SNES classic, but the wife wants that to be a present to me from the kids, so have to wait to play that too.

bummer.

9. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I guess anything is possible, but this is very difficult for me to believe. A smoothly running Emu with that level of sophistication just months after release seems... improbable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I guess anything is possible, but this is very difficult for me to believe. A smoothly running Emu with that level of sophistication just months after release seems... improbable to me.
    I get a steady 30 fps, CEMU is legit. It's not really months after release, that's CEMU the Wii U emulator (BOTW released on Wii U too) There is not a working Switch emu at this time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I get a steady 30 fps, CEMU is legit. It's not really months after release, that's CEMU the Wii U emulator (BOTW released on Wii U too) There is not a working Switch emu at this time.
    Oh, ok, yes, I know of CEMU. I thought this was claiming to be a switch emu.

Oh, ok, yes, I know of CEMU. I thought this was claiming to be a switch emu.
    If it was, it's a lie, they don't exist. CEMU is the one that exists and allows for moding like this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I pre-ordered the Odyssey bundle for the kids for xmas, but I'm sure I'll put my share of hours into BotW.

I also grabbed an SNES classic, but the wife wants that to be a present to me from the kids, so have to wait to play that too.

bummer.
    As someone like you who has a pretty good grasp of emulators, may I ask what the draw to the SNES classic is? NES and SNES emulators have been some of the smoothest running emulators for almost 20 years now and people even do things like update the Tecmo Bowl rosters to current teams. As much as I love Nintendo, I never understood the novelty of paying for what is essentially a limited emulator. I know people hack the crap out of them with Raspberry PIs and add more games, but I am happy running OpenEmu on my laptop with a logitech controller for my classic game fix.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Yeah sorry I should have clarified I was just talking about the game, not an actual Switch Emulator. I don't think it will be as long to get a Switch emulator out there though, most companies like Bethesda and others have noted how easy it is to port games to it so it sounds like the software is easy to work with. Getting it to work right is always the trick. I don't think I've played anything beyond a PS2 emulator that behaved the way I wanted it to outside of having the original disc to play it with instead of an .iso file. Granted I am not super technical when it comes to that type of software so I may be missing update packages and drivers that would make it better. I still think Emulators are best for things like 80's/90's arcade games and classic systems, those are pretty flawless.

Yeah sorry I should have clarified I was just talking about the game, not an actual Switch Emulator. I don't think it will be as long to get a Switch emulator out there though, most companies like Bethesda and others have noted how easy it is to port games to it so it sounds like the software is easy to work with. Getting it to work right is always the trick. I don't think I've played anything beyond a PS2 emulator that behaved the way I wanted it to outside of having the original disc to play it with instead of an .iso file. Granted I am not super technical when it comes to that type of software so I may be missing update packages and drivers that would make it better. I still think Emulators are best for things like 80's/90's arcade games and classic systems, those are pretty flawless.
    Emulating the original Wii is darn near flawless (I have a usb sensor bar and blue tooth adapter so that I can use my Wiimote to play games) Playing original wii games is essentially exactly the same as playing the same game on the wii (except for unlike the original wii, I can up the internal resolution to 4k and it looks far, far better than it did on the Wii) Wii U is getting there with some games. Mario Kart 8 for example plays almost exactly like it does on Wii U. Zelda for the most part actually runs better on emulator (due to the system limitation of the Wii U that cause slowdowns in places that you don't face slowdowns on Wii U)

Really every console aside from PS3/Ps4 Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox one have very good emulation. And nintendo consoles...lol They get emulated very easily.

As someone like you who has a pretty good grasp of emulators, may I ask what the draw to the SNES classic is? NES and SNES emulators have been some of the smoothest running emulators for almost 20 years now and people even do things like update the Tecmo Bowl rosters to current teams. As much as I love Nintendo, I never understood the novelty of paying for what is essentially a limited emulator. I know people hack the crap out of them with Raspberry PIs and add more games, but I am happy running OpenEmu on my laptop with a logitech controller for my classic game fix.
    Not everyone has the technical expertise to setup an emulator. The SNES classic gives everyone regardless of their technical level to hook the mini-console to their TV via HDMI and play old classics.

I've got a Raspberry Pi with emulation station, I actually find I'd rather hook my PS4 controller up to my laptop and play SNES games there.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Nostalgia for the most part. It certainly isn't the range of games or the capability of the system. I understand a raspberry pi would be much more effective. I guess I just miss having the gaudy grey and purple box with the official controllers.

It's also bit more portable/accessible than my laptop if my kids want to play (not because laptop isn't portable, but it's *mine*). But yeah, I get it... there's cheaper/better ways to do the same thing.. they are just grey area legally (which doesn't concern me beyond setting an example for my kids) and "unofficial".

20. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information