Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1130

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Chargers 09/11/17

Fowler was on 104.3 yesterday and said that apparently the refs admitted missing the PI on the interception:

Fowler to Zac Bye and Brandon Stokley on 104.3 FM on Tuesday:

“The ref said it should have been interference just because I didn’t even get a chance to catch the ball. I mean I got tackled before I even got my hands on the ball. So he actually came over to the sideline and told some of the coaches that he missed the call from that point of view. You got fight through things like that. I don’t think that was Trev’s fault at all.”
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...missed-penalty

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Fowler was on 104.3 yesterday and said that apparently the refs admitted missing the PI on the interception:

Yes and no, certainly it should've been a penalty, no doubt. I don't think that gives Trevor a complete pass though. Fowler was obviously well covered and he shouldn't have thrown to him there.

If the official said he should have called pass interference he was mistaken.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

5. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    oh shit, it's zebra on zebra crime!

7. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

He should've called holding

Actually he wasn't.

The rule is you cannot have pass interference behind the LOS, that's what you are arguing I'm sure and I understand that, but you'd be incorrect in assuming that he was behind the LOS.

You'll notice here that the LOS is essentially the 51 yards line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	11057

Fowler runs passed the 51 yard line, gets tackled by the WR and ends up behind the LOS. This was the moment of impact.

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11058

It was really close, but it was past the line of scrimmage and as such, tackling a WR past the line of scrimmage is a pass interference penalty. The ref most likely saw this upon review of the tape, but since it's not challengable, could not do anything about it. All he could do is review the turnover which did not touch the ground and therefore was a turnover.

My guess is after reviewing the play (because all turnovers are reviewed by default) he came over and explained that "hey, we missed the call, but since we cannot review it, the turnover has to stand because everything that was reviewable was valid."

By the way, this brings up something I should mention. I've got access to all-22 so if any of you ever want to see something in more detail on a specific play, let me know and I'll look into it for you. It's nice being able to look play by play and analyze it in more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Actually he wasn't.

The rule is you cannot have pass interference behind the LOS, that's what you are arguing I'm sure and I understand that, but you'd be incorrect in assuming that he was behind the LOS.

You'll notice here that the LOS is essentially the 51 yards line.

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	11057

Fowler runs passed the 51 yard line, gets tackled by the WR and ends up behind the LOS. This was the moment of impact.

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11058

It was really close, but it was past the line of scrimmage and as such, tackling a WR past the line of scrimmage is a pass interference penalty. The ref most likely saw this upon review of the tape, but since it's not challengable, could not do anything about it. All he could do is review the turnover which did not touch the ground and therefore was a turnover.

My guess is after reviewing the play (because all turnovers are reviewed by default) he came over and explained that "hey, we missed the call, but since we cannot review it, the turnover has to stand because everything that was reviewable was valid."
    Actually, by philosophy, officials at all levels Are instructed to give a yard on a play like that. If it's that close, still not DPI. Any official calling that won't be back. Btw, what in the heck is the 51 yard line?
    Last edited by spikerman; 09-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

12. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Actually, by philosophy, officials at all levels will give you a yard on a play like that. If it's that close, still not DPI. Btw, what in the heck is the 51 yard line?
    49...I'm multi-tasking man...you are right. The first hash after the 50 yard line. I'm failing to get schoolwork done while talking Broncos.

14. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

I looked at Gamepass last night, and he was clearly grabbed by the jersey one yard beyond the LOS, and then was in a full blown bear hug (from behind) by the time the ball got to him, which was one yard beyond the LOS.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I'm not saying there wasn't a foul, I'm saying behind or, if you prefer, within one yard of the LoS it is not DPI. It's the same reason they allow pick plays within one yard. Call it a "grace" area, the philosophy and enforcements are the same.

18. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

I'm not saying there wasn't a foul, I'm saying behind or, if you prefer, within one yard of the LoS it is not DPI. It's the same reason they allow pick plays within one yard. Call it a "grace" area, the philosophy and enforcements are the same.
    I hadn't read your exchange when I posted that. Whether it was holding at the 47/48 or illegal contact at the 50 or so, I've never seen it allowed to essentially tackle a receiver a yard plus before the ball gets there.

Click the image below. I let it proceed far enough that Fowler is turned nearly 90* by the tug on his jersey and you can see the jersey/shoulder pads angled down. That stared nearly two yards beyond the LOS and here is about 1 or 1 1/2 yards beyond (hard to tell with this angle), so could be within the grace period, but hard to not consider that holding. Correct?

As the play develops, he pulls Fowler back to him, and then has both arms around Fowler, taking him to the ground, while the ball is 1-2 yards away.

Name:	fowler1.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	11059

PI, illegal contact, holding, whatever. I think we all are onboard with the notion that it was BS and should have been a penalty of some sort and not a turnover as was the outcome.

21. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    PI, illegal contact, holding, whatever. I think we all are onboard with the notion that it was BS and should have been a penalty of some sort and not a turnover as was the outcome.
    We all and, apparently, the official himself . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

We actually discussed a similar play recently at my level... we all agree it was defensive holding.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information