Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1130

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Chargers 09/11/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Both sides of it being an illegal play, or whether it's called PI or holding? Holding is five yards and PI spot, so holding is the better result. He grabs Fowler's jersey which first impedes his progress, then use it to pull himself to Fowler, then has his left arm draped over Fowler's left, preventing him from raising it.

Hard for me to not see that being a penalty, regardless of which one it needs to be by rule.

Curious about Spiker's analysis of this gif.

Definitely should of been a penalty and could easily have been a PI since Siemian had already released the ball when the grab took place. Either way, the INT should of never happened and it was a blown call.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That int is good example of inaccuracy of statistical measures. Sometimes gut is best at evaluation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

With high enough sample size the flukes balance out ofc...
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I had the game recorded and finally got around to watching it last night...painting a house is a bitch but scraping the old paint off is worse.
    Here are my thoughts,:

Siemian looked really comfortable.
    His passes were accurate for the most part and he can scramble when he has to.
    Not everybody can juke Joey Bosa.
    I'm happy with his play and the rest of the team seems to have claimed him as their guy.

DT looks like he is ready to go and seems really aggressive. Only one dropped ball that I could see.
    Fowler made some great catches and looks like he finally gets it.
    Sanders... they guy is amazing to watch.

The O Line needs some work but I thought they did as well as could be expected against an underrated Chargers front 4.
    Bosa and Engram are studs.

Overall, the offence being called really encourages me.
    It's 100 times better than last year and it's only game one.

Defence looked great as usual.
    Miller got double and triple teamed and held most of the night but the other guys picked up the slack.
    Shaq Barret made good use of his starting time and Todd Davis made the hit of the game.
    Darien Stewart has been my favorite "hitter" on the team for a while and he didn't disappoint.
    He's dynamite.
    Harris and Wolfe did a solid job against Melvin Gordon in the middle and Harris had the play of the game so I like where his head is at.

Final thoughts:
    If the refs had made the PI/Holding call that everybody and their dog witnessed, this game would not even have been close IMHO.
    At the very least the interception would never have taken place and the momentum would not have shifted.
    It was a shitty non-call.

Jamaal Charles is a great back but he needs to stop coughing it up at crucial times in games.
    When he did that I immediately thought of that game two years ago when we played the Chefs in KC.
    You had one job, Jamaal. One job.

I'm not going to get too enthusiastic but I really liked what I saw for week one.

Bring on the Cowboys.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 09-14-2017 at 12:32 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Jamaal Charles is a great back but he needs to stop coughing it up at crucial times in games.
    When he did that I immediately thought of that game two years ago when we played the Chefs in KC.
    You had one job, Jamaal. One job.
    Don't tell this to Kinger!!! He refuses to believe fumbles can offset production!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Don't tell this to Kinger!!! He refuses to believe fumbles can offset production!
    Kinger has been a ghost since the game. I've been eager to see if he can acknowledge Siemian played well.

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Kinger has been a ghost since the game. I've been eager to see if he can acknowledge Siemian played well.
    I think he will. He's been...fairish about TS lately. I doubt he refutes the obvious that it was a good game, he'll probably just attach qualifers that he wants to see more games like this before it is a sing that he can be the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think he will. He's been...fairish about TS lately. I doubt he refutes the obvious that it was a good game, he'll probably just attach qualifers that he wants to see more games like this before it is a sing that he can be the QB.
    fairish. Interesting choice of words.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Still more articulate than Shane...

"sing" is interesting also.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post
    "sing" is interesting also.
    Maybe with those dance moves Siemian was making around Bosa, he's ready to sing next....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm not bagging on him. I'm just curious to know what his opinion of the game is. Although, I'm persuaded he didn't stay up to watch it. It didn't start until 9:30 CST.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm not bagging on him. I'm just curious to know what his opinion of the game is. Although, I'm persuaded he didn't stay up to watch it. It didn't start until 9:30 CST.
    ******* 9:30 CST....0420 CET lol

That's why I am the only fan on here (and sharkie) that loves an afternoon kick off!!!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    ******* 9:30 CST....0420 CET lol

That's why I am the only fan on here (and sharkie) that loves an afternoon kick off!!!
    Yeah, that's like MNF, and MNF is like "Yea, we won! Now I have to go to work on no sleep...."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

24. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information