Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broncos, Denver submit bid to host 2020 NFL draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos, Denver submit bid to host 2020 NFL draft

For years the Broncos and Denver have been interested in hosting a Super Bowl or NFL draft to put the city on a national stage. And they’re hopeful they’ll get to do so soon.

Broncos president and CEO Joe Ellis told The Denver Post on Saturday that the team has submitted an application to the league to try to host the 2020 draft, and that if Denver is not selected for that year, they will “absolutely” try for 2021, 2022 or 2023.

“The draft is something we’d really like to see accomplished,” Ellis said. “I think it’d be nice for Mr. B (owner Pat Bowlen), to know that the city he’s witnessed tremendous support from in terms of what they’ve done for the Broncos and how important the Broncos are to people and how important football is people.

“We’ve put in an application for 2020 and that may or may not come to fruition depending on how the league feels about when they’re going to honor 100th season. … We believe it would be a great thing for the city, a great thing for Colorado, a great thing for this Rocky Mountain region. It would draw a lot of people and would be a really fun event.”

Ellis said he’s already had discussions with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and his staff about Denver’s interest in hosting and said that “if we put the right package together we have an excellent chance.”
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/09...020-nfl-draft/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

let it be written, let it be done!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos still looking for naming-rights partner, are moving forward with development plans around stadium

Joe Ellis is closing in on 20 seasons in the Broncos’ front office, but each season-opener makes his as nervous and giddy as the last.

“Especially home games,” Ellis, the team’s president and CEO, said in an interview with The Denver Post on Saturday. “You want to win so bad for your fans and season-ticket holders.”

It’s those fans Ellis says he has in mind as he continues to search for a new naming-rights partner for the team’s stadium.

Last August the Broncos severed their sponsorship agreement with Sports Authority that was valued at $55.3 million, and they assumed the rest of Metropolitan Football Stadium District’s naming rights contract with the company. The now-bankrupt Sports Authority owed nearly $20 million over the last five years of its naming rights deal.

The Broncos assumed the remainder of the contract to gain control over the process of finding a new sponsor, and last year employed marketing agency WME-IMG to secure a new naming rights partner.

“There’s a sense of urgency and we as a staff and our agency are working hard to get the right company in at the right deal,” Ellis said. “We’ve got big obligations to try to sustain and maintain and improve the stadium, and the naming rights component is a key component in terms of funding.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/09...lopment-plans/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

That might have something to do with the rumored cash flow issues

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If hellholes like Chicago and Philly can host it, no reason Denver can't.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That might have something to do with the rumored cash flow issues
    Those perennial rumors are so ridiculous: Between revenue-sharing and stadium revenue, each NFL team gets close to half a BILLION dollars annually, so suggestions any of them can't liquidate >1-2% of that on a moments notice insult the intellect. Any NFL team at risk of defaulting on its financial obligations if it encounters an unexpected $5-10M expense should immediately audit its books and investigate its GM for malfeasance/embezzlement.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

If ya'll haven't been to the Draft, it's incredible. Well the first round is. The second round is good for the first 15 pics. A lot of waiting. Last time I went which was Day 2, we left midway through the third round and went bar hopping afterwards.

I did see two Broncos fans cause a brief stir. The ones in suits I think.

10. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Those perennial rumors are so ridiculous: Between revenue-sharing and stadium revenue, each NFL team gets close to half a BILLION dollars annually, so suggestions any of them can't liquidate >1-2% of that on a moments notice insult the intellect. Any NFL team at risk of defaulting on its financial obligations if it encounters an unexpected $5-10M expense should immediately audit its books and investigate its GM for malfeasance/embezzlement.
    Jesus Joel. Give it a freaking rest.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    What? It has nothing to do with how anyone feels or doesn't about the split: >$400,000,000/yr is simply a very large sum of money, however many people are taking a cut. I mean, OK, an NFL team COULD conceivably be having cash issues, but if any are it's hundreds of MILLIONS, not hundreds of thousands or single millions. How much do you figure the Broncos cut of ticket (and concession) sales for just tomorrow night will be? Even SD will get millions for that game, but Denver will get more.

This is just basic MATH: We're talking about a league that just shattered sports earnings records it set in the first place, but evenly splitting that 32 ways leaves some teams a few million short? They could easily borrow that much against the team and pay it all back before the first interest payment came due.
    Last edited by Joel; 09-10-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

14. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Post of the year!

******* site will only let me hi-five this once, but if not for that, you would have thousands.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Why would any company want the naming rights when the only companies that ever did went bankrupt?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Why would any company want the naming rights when the only companies that ever did went bankrupt?
    Third times the charm?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

They should lower the naming rights price.

Mile High Stadium presented by BigDaddyBronco has a nice ring.....

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    BigDaddyBronco has a nice ring.....
    I bet he does

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    If ya'll haven't been to the Draft, it's incredible.
    i've always kind of wanted to go to one. . . i would for sure if they had it here. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information