Thread: Clearing up confusion on the Equifax data breach, no thanks to Equifax

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Clearing up confusion on the Equifax data breach, no thanks to Equifax

Let’s just go ahead and assume that some stranger now knows your Social Security number, credit card numbers, home address and birth date.

Because even if you weren’t among the 143 million consumers whose private data was potentially exposed in the Equifax Inc. breach, the person next to you probably was since it affected more than half of all U.S. adults.

The Equifax hack, which became public Thursday, angered and confused people everywhere, especially after the massive credit reporting agency apologized on Twitter saying, “Once discovered, we acted immediately to stop the intrusion.” Equifax took six weeks to notify the public, which many of the 1,300 people who replied to the Tweet — including Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren — pointed out.

“The grim truth is your personal information is probably already in someone else’s hands,” said Tom Hegel, a senior threat researcher with ProtectWise in Denver.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/08...what-happened/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

After the hack, Equifax put out guidance that people should log into their site to see if they were someone whose information was compromised. The news reported today that, get this, part of that log in's disclaimer that most people just click "I agree" to contained the fine print that by acknowledging the disclaimer, you give up the right to seek legal recourse against Equifax for the hack. Is that some shit or what?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I guess no one cares a credit agency gets hacked, and treat it as no big deal, well until their identity/personal info. is stolen. I find it disturbing that a credit agency we rely on to give credit to our name is breached, and this info is compromised.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    After the hack, Equifax put out guidance that people should log into their site to see if they were someone whose information was compromised. The news reported today that, get this, part of that log in's disclaimer that most people just click "I agree" to contained the fine print that by acknowledging the disclaimer, you give up the right to seek legal recourse against Equifax for the hack. Is that some shit or what?
    I saw a Tweet about this on Friday by a lawfirm saying that they would be suing to invalidate that and that there was no way their disclaimer/waiving of rights would hold up in court. Probably from a firm that's already thinking class action.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I saw a Tweet about this on Friday by a lawfirm saying that they would be suing to invalidate that and that there was no way their disclaimer/waiving of rights would hold up in court. Probably from a firm that's already thinking class action.
    I think EF has already acknowledged that the disclaimer was in no way related to the hack and they would not hold anyone to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information