Page 213 of 278 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4165

Thread: 2017 Other NFL Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Vikings didn't have any timeouts and he caught the ball with five seconds left. You tackle him in bounds, which he could have done easily had his head been up, the game is over.

In fact, that's quite a bad argument for the situation.
    The WR could have fought his way out of bounds, he caught that really close to the sidelines. The CB covering him should never have let him get that close to the sideline either. I'm just not ever going to put a loss on one player. Too much happens over the course of a game to do that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    My second favorite team is the Jaguars (My brother's a Jags fan) I don't think it's lame. I'm a die hard Broncos fan, but I've always pulled for the Jags because I want my brother to get a payoff for all the years of unwavering support he's given them.
    I'm REALLY hoping for a Jaguars-Vikings Super Bowl. One long suffering fanbase (definitely longer for the Vikings, but still a long time for both) would get a huge payoff. And the atmosphere for a team hosting a Super Bowl would be nuts.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Can Jaguars beat the Patriots? They looked good today.

5. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Can they? Sure. Their D will need to play a LOT better than they did today, but they can.

Will they? I have my doubts. I just don't know that I trust Bortles to go into NE and make enough plays for the Jags to come out on top. I really hope they can pull it off, though.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The WR could have fought his way out of bounds, he caught that really close to the sidelines. The CB covering him should never have let him get that close to the sideline either. I'm just not ever going to put a loss on one player. Too much happens over the course of a game to do that.
    There wasn't a corner covering him. Aikman outlined that the play before. They were playing a version of a thirds zone down the sideline, slot corner covering short zone, wide corner covering middle zone and safety covering deep. The Saints ran the same zone system on that final play, and the short zone and middle zone corners had receivers in their zone to cover. That deep receiver was solely the responsibility of that safety.

I would never put a loss on one guy either, and am sympathetic to the Moore argument, but this guy, as did Moore, failed at a crucial job in a crucial spot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

There wasn't a corner covering him. Aikman outlined that the play before. They were playing a version of a thirds zone down the sideline, slot corner covering short zone, wide corner covering middle zone and safety covering deep. The Saints ran the same zone system on that final play, and the short zone and middle zone corners had receivers in their zone to cover. That deep receiver was solely the responsibility of that safety.

I would never put a loss on one guy either, and am sympathetic to the Moore argument, but this guy, as did Moore, failed at a crucial job in a crucial spot.
    Ah, ok, didn't realize that. Even still, there were lots of Saints that failed at their jobs at various points today. That guy just had the unfortunate fate of the last play being the one where he failed at his.

You still have to give the Vikes a ton of credit on that play too. Keenum made a pinpoint pass while under pressure, and the WR did an amazing job to both catch the ball and keep his balance to stay in bounds. It was just a perfect storm of occurrences on that play for it to turn out the way it did. You could probably replay that play 100 times and it never turns out like that again.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I am hoping for a Vikings v. Jags SB so bad. Almost as much as I’m hoping for anybody but Brady.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I am hoping for a Vikings v. Jags SB so bad. Almost as much as I’m hoping for anybody but Brady.
    Yeah, I'm really on the "anyone but Brady" train at this point. Any of the other 3 teams I'd be more than ok with winning it all. Especially since none of the 3 have before.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As for that Ravens game, I'll always be madder at Fox for that loss than Moore. At least Moore screwed up TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY. He failed miserably, but he at least tried. Fox completely gave up and rolled over at the end of regulation instead of at least giving our HOF QB a CHANCE to get us into FG range. To me, that will always be more unforgivable than a young player trying to make a play and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    As for that Ravens game, I'll always be madder at Fox for that loss than Moore. At least Moore screwed up TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY. He failed miserably, but he at least tried. Fox completely gave up and rolled over at the end of regulation instead of at least giving our HOF QB a CHANCE to get us into FG range. To me, that will always be more unforgivable than a young player trying to make a play and failing.
    Didn't one of the starting corners (I forget which one) give up two TD's? A lot of people ****** up in that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Depends on which Bortles shows up. If it's the one that plays the Bills, no chance in hell. If it's the one today, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Didn't one of the starting corners (I forget which one) give up two TD's? A lot of people ****** up in that game.
    That was Champ Bailey I believe. It was his worst game as a Bronco and a clear sign that he'd lost a step.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Hey, Steelers!! How does it feel?

Signed, 1996 Denver Broncos

Hey Saints!! How does it feel?

Signed, 2012 Denver Broncos
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It's hard to come down too hard on him?

He had one job. Don't let anyone behind you. He completely and utterly failed at that one duty. Your job in that case is not, in any way, to deliver a bone-shattering hit. It's to keep the receiver in front of you, and hopefully, in bounds. He failed, quite miserably, at all aspects of this.
    This.

Much like the Moore play the game was won until the ultimate blunder screwed the pooch. Wave is correct that in both cases the Saints and the Broncos had chances throughout the game to play better but..... at the end of regulation both the Saints and the Broncos had the game won until....well you know.

Nobody is going to remember that the Saints played poorly in the first half, no one is going to remember the Broncos had a chance in OT to try and win the game. No, they are going to remember that at the end of the regulation both the Broncos and Saints were in positions to win the ballgame and one player screwed the pooch that allowed their teams to not seal the victory.

Its just how it is.

Vikings had 10 seconds of game time on that final play and if Diggs is tackled inbounds the game is over. Even if Diggs gets out of bounds there is no guarantee that Forbath makes another FG. What is for certain is that if Williams didnt keep Diggs in front of him and give his team a chance to win the game. He whiffed and he whiffed badly. Much like Moore did. Is it fair to hold these players solely accountable? No. But it is a fact that those specific plays cost them at the end of those games after their teams had been in a position to win them.

This is like Norwood for Buffalo missing a game winning FG in the SB vs the Giants. The Bills could of played better and won without coming down to a FG but it was Norwood that missed it and he took a rash of hate for it. Sucks, but you had one job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Keep in mind this was the same guy who picked off Kenum earlier in the game. If not for that pick, the Saints are likely never even in the situation to have the lead at all in this game.

Who cares what "people will remember"? He's still a good player who just made one really bad play. People can remember that one play all they want, but it doesn't make the loss any more his fault.

Everyone always wants a scapegoat when you lose a game in hearbreaking because it's easy just to pin it all on one guy, while ignoring all the other shortcomings the team had that led to losing the game. I would hope the Saints coaches, players, and fans would support and encourage this guy, who is still a very promising young player, than scapegoating him and ruining his confidence going forward.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information