Page 14 of 278 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Other NFL Games Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    All gloriousness aside of the Patriots getting curb stomped in the fourth quarter...

The Denver offense cannot do what the Kansas City offense can. That team is good. That's a problem.
    I have the Chiefs winning the division - they're good, so that doesn't surprise me. I don't know if they're THAT good though. The long TD's in this game were basically blown coverages and a team that had given up (as I said earlier in the thread, not something you see from the Patriots every day). If Hunt is really that electric, though, that will be a problem for us - I imagine our ILB's trying to cover him and it's not a pretty picture.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Man, clearly I was wrong to say the Chiefs will take a step back this year. Are they that good, or are the rumors of NE's defense being bad true?

Brady had a shit game too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Man, clearly I was wrong to say the Chiefs will take a step back this year. Are they that good, or are the rumors of NE's defense being bad true?

Tough to say after week 1. You see teams look either really good or really bad in week 1 then totally flip flop for the rest of the season. I'd be more inclined to say we saw the real Chiefs team last night moreso than the real Pats team though. I think both will be good teams this year.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Tough to say after week 1. You see teams look either really good or really bad in week 1 then totally flip flop for the rest of the season. I'd be more inclined to say we saw the real Chiefs team last night moreso than the real Pats team though. I think both will be good teams this year.
    I don't think we see a real team's personality until about midway through the season. I remember in 2005 watching the Broncos get SMOKED in Miami their first week and then go all the way to the AFCCG. The first 4 weeks always seem like the real preseason as teams continue to work out issues. The thing I liked about last night's game is that the Pats seem to have BIG issues with both lines and their defense. Kansas City won't replicate that success against a team with a good defense very easily, but I can see the Patriots forcing the issue on offense to compensate for their defense if the trend continues.

My favorite thing was them going off about "The Comeback" at the beginning with Mark Wahlberg breaking down the historic comeback, one he missed because he left the super bowl early. It's kind of a microcosm of how spoiled that fan base is (and why honestly I am jealous of their success) and why for the love of god I was actually rooting for the Chiefs last night. Odds are the Pats are going to be fine, but them coming back down to Earth a bit makes the NFL a better product overall.

Either way I hope the Chiefs aren't as good as they looked, but I do hope that the Patriots are on the decline after a decade plus of dominance.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    My favorite thing was them going off about "The Comeback" at the beginning with Mark Wahlberg breaking down the historic comeback, one he missed because he left the super bowl early.

lol that's exactly what my wife and I were saying at the time, **** Donny you left the Super Bowl and then made a lame excuse about it. I don't know why they had him doing that anyway, I would have appreciated an ex player and not that dummy.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Looks like win might have been costly for the Chiefs because according to this article Eric Berry is believed to have torn his achilles tendon.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...chilles-tendon

There seemed to be a lot of injuries last night on both teams (off the top of my head, Pats: Amendola, Hightower while Chiefs: Tyreke Hill and Berry). Not sure I remember that many significant injuries for each team in the first game of the season.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

11. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Holy crap, i go to bed at 7-7 and the world falls apart. The Pats got absolutely ass raped. If KC is that much improved we are in for a world of hurt this year.
    KC has some weapons for sure, but a big part of the problem was NE's lack of depth at LB. They generated little to no pass rush. Once Hightower went out they went from looking average to looking bad.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Looks like win might have been costly for the Chiefs because according to this article Eric Berry is believed to have torn his achilles tendon.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...chilles-tendon

There seemed to be a lot of injuries last night on both teams (off the top of my head, Pats: Amendola, Hightower while Chiefs: Tyreke Hill and Berry). Not sure I remember that many significant injuries for each team in the first game of the season.
    That stinks. I really like Berry.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yeah, they confirmed today as well, done for the season with a torn Achilles.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Agreed.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Yeah that's a big loss for them.

NE's secondary didn't look very good last night and they didn't get much of a pass rush either. They almost looked disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Yeah that's a big loss for them.

NE's secondary didn't look very good last night and they didn't get much of a pass rush either. They almost looked disinterested
    After Hightower went down the wheels came off. Amendola got shook up, too. I thought New England had a great offseason with acquiring players but you forget how many they had lost as well.

The Chefs are not that good. There was absolutely no pressure on alex Smiff! He had all day long to throw. That wont happen with us. Also, the pats could not stop a run to save their life. Consistent 5 yard runs.

The chefs will not be doing that against other teams. Hunt looked great but that will not happen very often. He will not be able to run free like that. The pats d sucked, sucked bad!

I loved it! I love their arrogance about the score and the time left for the SB. Atl choked the game away by not running the ball to stay in FG range and not have to worry about OT, yet the pats think it was them by the hand of the almighty that led to the greatest comeback in the all of the worlds sports ever of all time.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

So how much money did Vegas lose last night?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Andy Reid gained 30 pounds for that game, he better not have lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information