Page 79 of 278 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4165

Thread: 2017 Other NFL Games Discussion

Chiefs and Raiders both lose. Hopefully this turns into an excellent night for us

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    None of that has anything to do with this year's team. Every drought exists until it doesn't. I hope the Broncos are taking them more seriously that this forum is.
    It does when it's the same coach and QB. Historic stats are stupid, but we're talking about the same coach and QB that has the same result every year.

I'm not saying they're not good, they will probably win the division. But I haven't seen anything out of Alex Smith and Andy Reid in their entire careers that lead me to believe this year will be the exception.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    It does when it's the same coach and QB. Historic stats are stupid, but we're talking about the same coach and QB that has the same result every year.

I'm not saying they're not good, they will probably win the division. But I haven't seen anything out of Alex Smith and Andy Reid in their entire careers that lead me to believe this year will be the exception.
    LeBron was a choker in the playoffs until he wasn't. Peyton was a choker in the playoffs until he wasn't. Things can change. There is no dominant team this year. If there's ever a year a team like KC could sneak in and win a title, it's this year. Who else in the AFC is great?

LeBron was a choker in the playoffs until he wasn't. Peyton was a choker in the playoffs until he wasn't. Things can change. There is no dominant team this year. If there's ever a year a team like KC could sneak in and win a title, it's this year. Who else in the AFC is great?
    I don't really believe in "choking." I don't think Peyton and LeBron "choked."

Reid and Smith lose in the playoffs because Smith is all smoke and mirrors and isn't actually a good QB, and Reid is a great offensive mind that is woefully conservative and horrible at managing game situations.

Fair point about the rest of the AFC though, but I'm sure BB will sacrifice a child or something and New England will magically turn it around.

Holy shit that was an awful call against the Jets. WTF???? That defender had no way of knowing if the WR was touched down.
    Wave, have to disagree with you on this one because: (1) Jets defender took him to the ground and (2) WR (knowing this) just sat there making no attempt to get up before the second Jets defender came in and blasted the WR.

I would have said it was a penalty if it had been a Jets WR and two Pats defenders As soon as the play happened live, I said that has to be a penalty for unnecessary roughness. The announcers said the same thing, although I'm not sure whether that helps or hurts my position because Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle (I think that's who that was) suck!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

6. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Wave, have to disagree with you on this one because: (1) Jets defender took him to the ground and (2) WR (knowing this) just sat there making no attempt to get up before the second Jets defender came in and blasted the WR.

I would have said it was a penalty if it had been a Jets WR and two Pats defenders As soon as the play happened live, I said that has to be a penalty for unnecessary roughness. The announcers said the same thing, although I'm not sure whether that helps or hurts my position because Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle (I think that's who that was) suck!
    What were your thoughts on the non-TD call?

I thought it was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    What were your thoughts on the non-TD call?

I thought it was BS.
    I don't know/understand the rules that well, but IMHO it was clear that the TE had the ball knocked loose before he went into the endzone. It appeared that the ball was still moving and had not been secured when he hit the pylon. After that I couldn't tell whether he secured the ball, but it continued to move even after he landed out of bounds. From what I've read, once the ball was knocked loose before he entered the endzone, he has to regain and maintain control of the ball through the landing, which he apparently didn't do until after he landed out of bounds. I personally didn't think he ever recovered control of the ball until after he landed out of bounds, but I didn't understand the rule(s) well enough to expect or predict that the call would be overturned. I'm definitely not complaining though!

Based on how the rule is written and how the officials have explained the ruling, the decision makes sense in theory, but I would be really pissed if I was a Jets fan or if that call had been made against my team. I guess my question for Spike would be: once it is seen/determined that the TE has lost control of the ball before crossing the goal line, does there have to be undisputed evidence that the TE regains control of the ball before landing out of bounds or that the TE doesn't regain control before landing out of bounds? IMO, once it is determined that the offensive player has lost control of the ball (i.e. is juggling the ball) it would logically require indisputable evidence that the offensive player regained control of the ball before landing out of bounds since the last undisputed evidence (the TE admits that the ball was knocked loose before he crossed the goal line) is that the player didn't have control of the ball. Not sure how that works though so will defer to Spike.

9. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I don't know/understand the rules that well, but IMHO it was clear that the TE had the ball knocked loose before he went into the endzone. It appeared that the ball was still moving and had not been secured when he hit the pylon. After that I couldn't tell whether he secured the ball, but it continued to move even after he landed out of bounds. From what I've read, once the ball was knocked loose before he entered the endzone, he has to regain and maintain control of the ball through the landing, which he apparently didn't do until after he landed out of bounds. I personally didn't think he ever recovered control of the ball until after he landed out of bounds, but I didn't understand the rule(s) well enough to expect or predict that the call would be overturned. I'm definitely not complaining though!

Based on how the rule is written and how the officials have explained the ruling, the decision makes sense in theory, but I would be really pissed if I was a Jets fan or if that call had been made against my team. I guess my question for Spike would be: once it is seen/determined that the TE has lost control of the ball before crossing the goal line, does there have to be undisputed evidence that the TE regains control of the ball before landing out of bounds or that the TE doesn't regain control before landing out of bounds? IMO, once it is determined that the offensive player has lost control of the ball (i.e. is juggling the ball) it would logically require indisputable evidence that the offensive player regained control of the ball before landing out of bounds since the last undisputed evidence (the TE admits that the ball was knocked loose before he crossed the goal line) is that the player didn't have control of the ball. Not sure how that works though so will defer to Spike.
    I don't disagree - other than it was a team playing the Patriots!

IMO, this is part of the reason the NFL is getting harder and harder to watch. 10 years ago, that was a TD. No questions asked.

IMO, this is part of the reason the NFL is getting harder and harder to watch. 10 years ago, that was a TD. No questions asked.
    I agree. Similar to how review has negatively affected the baseball playoffs. The overturned pick-off call in the Nats-Cubs game and the overturned call at home plate last night in the Dodgers-Cubs game. I'm not actually watching the baseball playoffs, but several years ago those calls stand and IMHO should have stood because I don't believe that is what or why review was added to baseball or football. IMHO, review was added to correct blatant and/or egregious mistakes or missed calls. I would have no problem or issue if yesterday's overturned call that benefited the Pats and all similar calls in NFL games weren't made. Unfortunately, it's an all or nothing situation, which most fans don't want or like. They only want the close, but technically correct calls to be made when it benefits their team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

With the Aaron Rodgers injury, now folks are looking for a rule change. It's getting old everytime an injury occurs, especially to a QB, there must be a new rule implemented. We wonder why the NFL is watered down.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago

Former 49ers’ LB NaVorro Bowman is signing a one-year, $3 million deal with the Raiders, per sources.

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 8m8 minutes ago

NaVaorro Bowman will get his full-year salary from the 49ers AND get another $3 million from the Raiders.

I completely agree with this point and one of the main reasons ratings are down and one of the main reasons I don't watch much non-Patriot games.

Also, when your team scores a TD or makes a big play you can't immediately cheer or celebrate anymore. You have to wait until you confirm there is not another god damn penalty flag or reversal of the play. So by the time the the big play is confirmed your excitement has been watered down.

16. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Meh, I'd rather they just get the call right. Everything else is secondary.

18. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Meh, I'd rather they just get the call right. Everything else is secondary.
    It will seldom be right. Half the country will think it's the right call and the other half will think it was dumb.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information