Page 101 of 278 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4165

Thread: 2017 Other NFL Games Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I was just curious if anyone actually saw it. Fox's camera crews didn't do a very good job there.
    Agreed. Poor camera work, but I don’t doubt it was legit.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    It’s weird. For all of the rules favoring the offense this seems to be an offensively challenged league this year.
    I think this happens about every five years. There's a trend, which begins in college, and then coaches at that level start to counter it by finding players to match that trend defensively and more kids go over to the defensive side of the ball and it slowly trickles up. There's some real studs who have come into the league the last couple years defensively, especially slot corners and linebackers/safeties (guys who could play both positions).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bengals are just imploding. lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Would you guys take Dalton here as Denver's QB?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Offensive team gets the ball where it was fumbled, like fourth quarter rules. The defensive team wasn't going to recover that so why do they get the ball?
    Spiker, I'm interested in your thoughts on this.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Titans give it right back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I would not be a huge fan of that.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nah, i would take a chance on McCarron. If you would of asked me 3 or 4 years ago i would of said yes but Dalton is just way to inconsistent for my liking. Reminds me of Testerverde.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I didn't think the Saints were that good, and I thought the Bills defense were better than they're playing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I didn't think the Saints were that good, and I thought the Bills defense were better than they're playing.
    Saints have been improving over the last few weeks, plus its Brees who is one of last "giants' of the NFL in terms of QB's.

Spiker, I'm interested in your thoughts on this.
    I haven’t given it much thought before now. I’m not sure if the reason behind the rule, but I do know that, at least in the college rulebook, it is specifically spelled out that a ball fumbled oob between the goal lines remains in possession of the offense at the spot of the fumble, but a fumble oob in the end zone is a touchback. I have to try to give some thought as to why that is. Sorry I don’t have a good answer now, but like I tell people, officials don’t make the rules they just enforce them.

I have to admit that I kind of like it because it punishes those idiots who drop the ball short of the goal line while trying to look cool.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You have to be an complete moron to call a running play with 15 seconds left. Holy shit, no surprise why Cleveland is Cleveland.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I haven’t given it much thought before now. I’m not sure if the reason behind the rule, but I do know that, at least in the college rulebook, it is specifically spelled out that a ball fumbled oob between the goal lines remains in possession of the offense at the spot of the fumble, but a fumble oob in the end zone is a touchback. I have to try to give some thought as to why that is. Sorry I don’t have a good answer now, but like I tell people, officials don’t make the rules they just enforce them.

I have to admit that I kind of like it because it punishes those idiots who drop the ball short of the goal line while trying to look cool.
    Don't get me wrong. The rule was applied correctly by the on field refs. I think the rule is bad.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You have to be an complete moron to call a running play with 15 seconds left. Holy shit, no surprise why Cleveland is Cleveland.
    Quite the drama by the Browns. LoL

20. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Colts came to play today. I thought Luck would be back playing by now. Actually, I thought he was playing until a moment ago.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information