Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Roster Moves In One Place!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Good God please not another Hillis!
    He should secure his roster spot before he moves in on VJ's wife.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    This Williams kid looks like a short-yardage thug with good balance and some vision.
    The writing is on the wall. CJ Anderson will be the next veteran to be shown the door the Front Office IMO. I believe this is the last year on his contract and if this Williams kid is healthy, he will fill the spot to be vacated by Anderson after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Power. If he can show that kind of power in the pros, then we have something there . . .
    Nice blocking, too; hard to find in a rookie RB. What impressed me most though was his balance, which made his power that much more devastating. He got a lot of yards in those clips (and a couple TDs) despite contact with not only tackers but the GROUND, because he kept finding ways to twist and lean as he stumbled forward so nothing but his hands or feet hit the turf before he'd picked up an extra 5 yds or so.

I'm not looking for Jerome "You're on a Bus with no accelerator!" Bettis, but being a human weeble after contact is at least as important as winning the collision itself. Even Bettis handled pretty well for a bus, and I'm WAY over the "shifty scatbacks that fall over in a strong wind" runners.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Good God please not another Hillis!
    Go crawl up in a ball with your picture of McD!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    The writing is on the wall. CJ Anderson will be the next veteran to be shown the door the Front Office IMO. I believe this is the last year on his contract and if this Williams kid is healthy, he will fill the spot to be vacated by Anderson after the season.
    He's only in the 2nd year of the four year contract that the Broncos matched when he was going to go to Miami before last season. However, it's possible the guarantees are gone after this year and he would be an easy cut.

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't have time to watch the whole tape. Does he have any speed?
    Used to, still solid last I saw, foot injury had him running 4.5's leading up to draft.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I still can't believe they let Hillis go for nothing, another victim of Hurricane Josh he was well on his way to being the 3rd best RB in Broncos history. Maybe even better.

Smdh

Can you imagine if they still had Hillis and drafted McCaffrey? ChampionshipS...plural.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    He's only in the 2nd year of the four year contract that the Broncos matched when he was going to go to Miami before last season. However, it's possible the guarantees are gone after this year and he would be an easy cut.
    Unless I'm misreading the figures at OTC, they could actually cut CJ right now with no dead money and a $3 million cap savings. His base salary is the only guaranteed and even that isn't set in stone until after the 1st game of the season.

13. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Unless I'm misreading the figures at OTC, they could actually cut CJ right now with no dead money and a $3 million cap savings. His base salary is the only guaranteed and even that isn't set in stone until after the 1st game of the season.
    Spotrac says we'd take a $1.7M cap hit now if we cut him, because we guaranteed $7.6M and he got $6M of it last year, plus we already owe this years installment of his $100,000 annual workout bonus. NEXT year we could cut him with no hit, because we will have already paid him $9M and only promised $7.6M. That fits my hazy recollection of the contract we gave him last year: A four-year deal, but practically a two-year deal because he'd have all his guarantees by then.

For the record, Spotrac also shows his 2017 cap hit as an even $3M, so cutting him now would save us Charles' (non-incentive) salary.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

CJ is done after this season unless he turns into a 1000 yard stud suddenly. He has never rushed for 1000 yards. This view is not even controversial, with Denver sportswriters openly saying to each other: "of course" CJ won't be back. His salary next season is going up by $1.5 M to $4.5 M. He's not remotely playing like a $4.5 M a year back. Unless he has a really tremendous season, it's one of the easiest predictions that he will be gone.

They always are looking to replace RBs in the NFL, they don't last long. Five years is about max normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Spotrac says we'd take a $1.7M cap hit now if we cut him, because we guaranteed $7.6M and he got $6M of it last year, plus we already owe this years installment of his $100,000 annual workout bonus. NEXT year we could cut him with no hit, because we will have already paid him $9M and only promised $7.6M. That fits my hazy recollection of the contract we gave him last year: A four-year deal, but practically a two-year deal because he'd have all his guarantees by then.

For the record, Spotrac also shows his 2017 cap hit as an even $3M, so cutting him now would save us Charles' (non-incentive) salary.
    Since he's the starting RB they are not cutting him this season. They got rid of Ridley. Booker is injured. DeAngelo Henderson is promising, but he is just a rookie so they can't really trust him, especially as he's a smaller back who struggles in protections.

And who really knows if Jamal Charles can hold up for even 1 game? They certainly can't trust him as their feature back, they intend to use him as a 3rd down change of pace back. That could change if he shows that his knee is durable, and CJ and the others struggle, but it's not the way to bet.

CJ is the best running back on the roster right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Since he's the starting RB they are not cutting him this season. They got rid of Ridley. Booker is injured. DeAngelo Henderson is promising, but he is just a rookie so they can't really trust him, especially as he's a smaller back who struggles in protections.

And who really knows if Jamal Charles can hold up for even 1 game? They certainly can't trust him as their feature back, they intend to use him as a 3rd down change of pace back. That could change if he shows that his knee is durable, and CJ and the others struggle, but it's not the way to bet.

CJ is the best running back on the roster right now.
    No argument there, and I frankly think he'll either have a great year or renegotiate an extension with less 2018 money. I was just filling in the blanks for folks considering the technical possibility of cutting him now: We'd still take a cap hit of $1.7M, so I doubt they'll cut the starting RB to save only $1.3M.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos

Traveler is right, as usual, there's no dead money for cutting Anderson now. Per OTC.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos

Traveler is right, as usual, there's no dead money for cutting Anderson now. Per OTC.
    Fine, email that link to these guys: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...nderson-12553/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Fine, email that link to these guys: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...nderson-12553/
    They'd probably agree if they took the time to extrapolate cap situations under trades and post June 1st releases.

Spotrac is fine, lazy, but fine. If you're looking for basic numbers.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information