Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 1 (Chargers week)

It's easy to agree with TJ without having all the facts, but it's also probable his hamstring injury affected their decision. They had to consider it was a possibility to linger with him all season. We'll find out as the season progresses, but it had to be a concern.
    I'm persuaded he would still be on the team if he wouldn't have hurt his hammy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Article posted May 24, 2017

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...ract-extension

Right now, no one except John Elway and TJ knows exactly what was discussed. Did John throw out a salary figure that TJ did not like? Did TJ let John know what kind of a salary he wanted?
    I'm pretty sure it was reported John told TJ's agent the Broncos weren't considering an extension for TJ. My two cent opinion is the discussion to cut him came front and center after the hamstring injury. Do you remember when Champ's hammy lingered all year?

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that's more what i would expect. . . but VJ said parks is the starting dime back, which would imply to me that he's the player they'll be using there most regularly. . .

"Justin is our starting safety and Will is our starting dime backer."

anybody got anything else on this? has it been discussed elsewhere?

edit; also, i see that the main site still has latimer listed as the starting kick returner. . . are we really expecting him to be the guy deep for the first kickoff of the year?
    I interpreted, and could be 100% wrong, that when he said dime backer vs. dime back, he was making a distinction between the two. I'm assuming Langley/langdon (whatever his name is) is the dime back, but in situations where they don't want a traditional 6 defensive back situation, but want more beef, then they will go with Parks/Carter as the linebacker replacement rather than a corner back.

Again, I might be wildly off on my assumption, but that's what I was thinking.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 27m

Talked to Shane Ray. He had no setback w left wrist.Knew day of surgery that would be out 6 games. "I will come back on fire" @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that's more what i would expect. . . but VJ said parks is the starting dime back, which would imply to me that he's the player they'll be using there most regularly. . .

"Justin is our starting safety and Will is our starting dime backer."

anybody got anything else on this? has it been discussed elsewhere?

edit; also, i see that the main site still has latimer listed as the starting kick returner. . . are we really expecting him to be the guy deep for the first kickoff of the year?
    Unless he's hurt, I'd say it's a good bet Latimer is back there for the opening kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I know. But he wants to be here. That makes me happy.
    According to his father, he wanted to be back in Denver a week after he left, but you can't exactly come out and say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

8. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    According to his father, he wanted to be back in Denver a week after he left, but you can't exactly come out and say it.
    That is good enough for me.

Made a mistake and is ready to learn from it and move on.

I hope he sticks around for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wouldnt count on it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Are you Brock's new agent?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Redemption stories are the best stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

He stays in; 4 pass rushers, one ILB and six DB's.

Point is, a 220lb ILB is a detriment.
    Everyone keeps pointing to that Falcons safety they started at MLB all year simply because they don't HAVE a legit Mike. I'd have more faith in that tactic if it hadn't blown the biggest lead in SB history. I want my LBs to LB and my safeties to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    If you're talking about Marshall, the official site has him at 250. If Davis, he weighs in at 230.
    99.44% he's talking about Davis (230) and Nelson (227.) Kam Chancellor's 223, which is fine: For a SAFETY, which is what he is.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

16. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

How on earth do you put the lead blowing on that player? I guess we better eschew all the offensive tactics that the Falcons used, too!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    How on earth do you put the lead blowing on that player? I guess we better eschew all the offensive tactics that the Falcons used, too!
    Not on him specifically, I'm just saying: People are talking up the "Park as safetybacker" idea because Atlanta's doing it in lieu of a real Mike, and I'm not sure I'd take my cues from the defensive gurus who ranked 25th in yds and 27th in PA last year, then blew the biggest lead in SB history.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

But didn't he perform well in that role? I thought that hybrid play was one of the bright spots of their defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I interpreted, and could be 100% wrong, that when he said dime backer vs. dime back, he was making a distinction between the two. I'm assuming Langley/langdon (whatever his name is) is the dime back, but in situations where they don't want a traditional 6 defensive back situation, but want more beef, then they will go with Parks/Carter as the linebacker replacement rather than a corner back.

Again, I might be wildly off on my assumption, but that's what I was thinking.
    Got me curious, so I reached out to Andrew Mason and asked him.

I guess I haven't really been paying attention to personnel groupings. He said the last two years they've utilized safeties almost exclusively in the dime, 6 DB, package. It's the rare exception they go with 4 CBs and two safeties, which I guess would have been Doss or Webster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Got me curious, so I reached out to Andrew Mason and asked him.

I guess I haven't really been paying attention to personnel groupings. He said the last two years they've utilized safeties almost exclusively in the dime, 6 DB, package. It's the rare exception they go with 4 CBs and two safeties, which I guess would have been Doss or Webster.
    I suppose that could be from the quality of the backup safeties and/or keeping an eye out for the run?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information