Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "Deep Thoughts" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Upchurch admittedly precedes me - the stats seem clear he was the best. What went through my mind was - was Deltha O'Neal actually the best kick returner I've seen play for Denver?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Wait, are we talking about KR or PR?
    KR. . . upchurch was before my era also, but i've always just accepted that he was the best because of the way older fans and football people speak about him. . .

You guys remember Dre Bly? He was fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You guys remember Dre Bly? He was fun!
    one of the many stiffs who tried to hold up across from champ bailey. . . i remember dennard walker, who had maybe the worst hands i've ever seen. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Out of all the random scrubs who got 1k yards in the Shanny system, which RB did you guys like the most?
    Mike Anderson.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    one of the many stiffs who tried to hold up across from champ bailey. . . i remember dennard walker, who had maybe the worst hands i've ever seen. . .
    He was pretty good in Detroit. IIRC, he wasn't awful in Denver until the implosion at the very end.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Rick Upchurch is one of the best kick returners in the history of the game. He held the record for returns for a touchdown in a season (6) for two decades

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I like this thread. Dogfish - my apologies for reacting initially to derail it.

12. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Upchurch admittedly precedes me - the stats seem clear he was the best. What went through my mind was - was Deltha O'Neal actually the best kick returner I've seen play for Denver?
    Maybe O'Neal, but Trindon Holiday was pretty damned exciting when he wasn't fumbling. If that dude could've held on to the ball, he could've been another game changer like Devin Hester.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    So was Terrell Davis: He a "random scrub"?
    Maybe you are reading too much into the semantics of "random scrub" and should instead infer that King was asking about the RBs who were not household names and who mostly didn't do much beyond a couple of wonder seasons under Shanny.

Mike Anderson was a random 6th round pick who came out of nowhere and had 2 good seasons.

The fact that he was interchangeable with any other random RB makes it apparent as to what he was...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I always liked Tony Scheffler.

17. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I like this thread. Dogfish - my apologies for reacting initially to derail it.
    no worries, meng. . . and i apologize for snapping at you earlier-- that wasn't necessary, i deleted that shit. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Maybe O'Neal, but Trindon Holiday was pretty damned exciting when he wasn't fumbling. If that dude could've held on to the ball, he could've been another game changer like Devin Hester.
    this was kinda my though, as well. . . in terms of just the most purely dangerous, exciting returner i've seen ind denver, it would have to be holliday. . . of course, he was obviously almost as scary to us as he was to them, but no doubt that little dude was a talented returner. . . his performance against baltimore in 2012 is one of the most amazing games i've ever seen one of our guys put up in the postseason. . . if he doesn't go nuts, rahim moore isn't even in a position to blow the game in epic fashion at the end. . .

we've pretty much been "blah" on the return teams ever since. . . would be nice if mckenzie can bring even a little bit of that spark back. . . it's fun having that kind of guy, because they can turn a game around at any moment. . .

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    no worries, meng. . . and i apologize for snapping at you earlier-- that wasn't necessary, i deleted that shit. . .

I like it when you get emo dog. It makes me feel better about myself

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information