Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloter to Vikings Practice squad?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Sloter to Vikings Practice squad?

Im going to be SO pissed.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Prepare to be pissed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We will rue this one.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    We will rue this one.
    I'm salty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Traitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Traitor.
    Yeah, because we cut Oz and offered Sloter the starting QB job on a silver platter: It's EXACTLY the same.

Oh, well; I like the Vikings in the same "holder for the kick is Lucy Van Pelt..." way I liked the Oilers, so I wish him all the best until they play Denver. Bradford's only there through the end of the year, who knows when or even if Bridgewater will play again (looks like giving Bradford a 2-year deal was smart) and Keenum's just a good backup, so Sloter ought to have a real shot next year.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Meltdown day 2, electric boogaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, because we cut Oz and offered Sloter the starting QB job on a silver platter: It's EXACTLY the same.
    What size pitchfork you prefer?
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. Meltdown day 2, electric boogaloo!
    I’m the hobbit.

11. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Oh, well; I like the Vikings in the same "holder for the kick is Lucy Van Pelt..." way I liked the Oilers, so I wish him all the best until they play Denver. Bradford's only there through the end of the year, who knows when or even if Bridgewater will play again (looks like giving Bradford a 2-year deal was smart) and Keenum's just a good backup, so Sloter ought to have a real shot next year.
    Sloter will have to be the backup. He will never see the field in MN. They have not given up on Bridgewater. They got a glimpse of a really good starting QB they could build around for the future and they want him back. That leg injury was frightening, but he should be back this season. And meanwhile they have Sam Bradford. If Bradford plays well they could have a QB competition next season.

But, it will be Bradford v. Bridgewater. And they trade the loser for a 2nd round pick. And teams will be desperate enough to give them something like that. If the Broncos had either a healthy Bridgewater or Bradford they would be favoured to win the division this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sloter will have to be the backup. He will never see the field in MN. They have not given up on Bridgewater. They got a glimpse of a really good starting QB they could build around for the future and they want him back. That leg injury was frightening, but he should be back this season. And meanwhile they have Sam Bradford. If Bradford plays well they could have a QB competition next season.

But, it will be Bradford v. Bridgewater. And they trade the loser for a 2nd round pick. And teams will be desperate enough to give them something like that. If the Broncos had either a healthy Bridgewater or Bradford they would be favoured to win the division this year.
    We'll see; anyone who pretends to know when Bridgewater will return and in what condition is just guessing, and let's not forget that Bradford was Bridgewater when Bridgewater wasn't cool. This isn't the SECAA: Starting QBs and champions are determined by onfield performance, not circular self-fulfilling popularity contests. The draft is too much of a crap shoot to hand anyone the keys just because they're a former 1st round pick who dominated amateur players a few years ago.

Ask former 1st rounder Paxton Lynch or former 2nd rounder Brock Osweiler: They have lots of time to chat warming the bench behind former 7th rounder Trevor Siemian.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    What size pitchfork you prefer?
    Can I get one of those little plastic tridents that go in mixed drinks? Those are so fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Is Warhorse on suicide watch? Does he need a friend?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Is Warhorse on suicide watch? Does he need a friend?
    Alas.....youre all too late.....Im a goner Johnny!

IN PATON I TRUST.

18. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

We'll see; anyone who pretends to know when Bridgewater will return and in what condition is just guessing, and let's not forget that Bradford was Bridgewater when Bridgewater wasn't cool. This isn't the SECAA: Starting QBs and champions are determined by onfield performance, not circular self-fulfilling popularity contests. The draft is too much of a crap shoot to hand anyone the keys just because they're a former 1st round pick who dominated amateur players a few years ago.

Ask former 1st rounder Paxton Lynch or former 2nd rounder Brock Osweiler: They have lots of time to chat warming the bench behind former 7th rounder Trevor Siemian.
    This is the part that made me choke on my water: "Starting QBs and champions are determined by onfield performance, not circular self-fulfilling popularity contests."

Dude! What league have you been watching? The NFL is all about billionaires and egos, expertosis and calcification of thought being challenged occasionally by reason and practice. It's about not making mistakes.

Look, it's simple: Do ANY of you really believe in your heart that Paxton Lynch will ever be an elite starting QB in the NFL?

Any takers? Because I assume I was about as big a Paxton fan as there reasonably could be about anyone so unproven, but the handwriting is on the wall. I didn't want to admit it, but he not only was beaten out by Trevor, it wasn't even close. Trevor expanded the gap between them this year if anything!

Now, here's a question for you all: What if Trevor is kinda mediocre, OK, maybe a bit sucky this season and the team goes 8-8. That meant that Paxton was measurably worse than the guy who just proved he kinda sucked.

What left is there to prove? Why is Paxton on this team and Kyle Sloter not? Outside draft grade I mean?

But, is there one of you so dumb you would be willing to bet anything of significance that Paxton will be out there again next Summer being given One More Chance! to prove he isn't a total dud? And why? Why is he being given that ridiculous third chance? We know he's a dud! That's what he is. A busted pick. We've all had to come to deal with it. He will never full fill the potential that made him a first round draft pick.

John Elway, that's why.
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-03-2017 at 04:17 PM.

20. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information