Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Northman Hottake

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You have the power to sticky.
    Well, I demodded myself last year, but I do know a few people that do have that power. Good thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I get what people are saying about the offense being better with McCoy, Siemian's second year starting and some new OL pieces, but I think the defense will probably take a step back this year. Most of our best defensive players are a year older, we don't know how the new additions will be and if they'll actually fix the run defense, and most of all we have a new DC and HC I know they are keeping the same scheme and worked for Wade, but they're not Wade. VJ could be McDaniels and Woods could be Slowik. We'll see.
    I know that the older and one more year removed from the amazing '15 defense is a common line of thinking, and I sort of understand why, but I'm not sure I buy into it.

I think the defense will be at worst as good as last year, and there is signs to believe it will be better. I probably wouldn't even be hesitant if it wasn't for losing Ray to injury, that hurts.

Assuming Shaq's hip (I think it was hip) is ok, then he and Von will be minimal drop off from Von/Ware or Von/Ray, but a bit. The biggest hit is less rotational depth. Walker, who is Ware size, is now an OLB, but I will admit that I didn't pay enough attention to him this preseason to get a good feel for him, even though what I read was positive.

I think Simmons replacing Ward will show to be a net gain, and then they will bring in Parks or Carter (initially probably Parks) on dime packages when they bring in the third safety. Again, I think we will be even to net ahead of last year.

Unless you think Talib is losing a step, our top three corners should be as good or better (each year Roby gets better from experience).

Big upgrade with Demato Peko at NT. In preseason he was commanding double teams to move him or block him. If they single team, he could actually create pass rush pressure from the NT position.

At least on paper, we should be better at end, but certainly no worse. These guys will go a long way to determine if we are improved against the run.

MLBs are the same.

We've gotten younger and/or bigger in multiple areas, and except talib at 31, we don't have a bunch of old guys at the "lose a step" defensive spots, instead we have guys in their prime and we've gotten younger in several spots.

I think these defense has every chance to be closer to '15 than '16.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Take a picture, it will last longer.
    I took your advice....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	north_rebuilding_theory.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	10991

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Your Hogs are looking good, Tned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Your Hogs are looking good, Tned.
    Ooops....I think I just jinxed them.

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I think Shelby Harris is the real deal as well. We'll find out Monday night. He should get some good playing time with Kerr and Crick out. Getting rid of TJ might hurt early on, but this defense will be better against the TE's and RB's by midseason.

The one area where we might be going backwards is special teams coverage. I have no confidence in those units right now.

10. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think Shelby Harris is the real deal as well. We'll find out Monday night. He should get some good playing time with Kerr and Crick out. Getting rid of TJ might hurt early on, but this defense will be better against the TE's and RB's by midseason.

The one area where we might be going backwards is special teams coverage. I have no confidence in those units right now.
    If Harris has his head on straight. Don't shoot me but he could have a Malik Jackson type presence. His uber-athletic has a great first step really like our defensive line depth if we can keep guys healthy. My only concern is that domata is old and we really don't have anyone behind him to play the nose consistently. That's what we really miss from having the Vance Walker injury last year. I guess Kerr provide some depth. But just because he's big doesn't mean he's a natural nose tackle. He's really and better at the five technique or under tackle in a 4-3.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information