Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: WELCOME HOME!!! Brock Osweiler re-signs with Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Does the nurse that gives you sponge baths at least have big boobs?
    Yeah, he is somewhat obese . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    No. Eddie quit midseason and is a complete coward. Situations are not even remotely close. Quitterson is absolute scum.
    I saw the Pats-Broncos game from 2001 on You Tube a year ago. Kennison dropped a perfectly catchable deep pass in that one. It seemed like that is where he may have started quitting.

Two years later, before the KC@Den game late in the season, I think that Eddie had some things to say. After the game (a big Denver win), Rod Smith had some things to say about Eddie.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    I saw the Pats-Broncos game from 2001 on You Tube a year ago. Kennison dropped a perfectly catchable deep pass in that one. It seemed like that is where he may have started quitting.

Two years later, before the KC@Den game late in the season, I think that Eddie had some things to say. After the game (a big Denver win), Rod Smith had some things to say about Eddie.
    "best get you some of these before you run your mouth!"

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    "best get you some of these before you run your mouth!"

Yeah, now I remember. It's kind of similar to what Patrick Roy said in 1996 (about the Stanley Cup rings in his ears).

some are saying this was a good move because of value... shit on sale is still shit.

Kaapernick is a value signing as well and at least he can play.

Osweiler is a mediocre QB at best and refuses to accept any responsibility for his horrible play in Houston, instead blaming the team. That is not a trait of a winner, it's the trait of an immature loser.
    Last edited by weazel; 09-05-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

8. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    some are saying this was a good move because of value... shit on sale is still shit.

Osweiler is a mediocre QB at best and refuses to accept any responsibility for his horrible play in Houston, instead blaming the team. That is not a trait of a winner, it's the trait of an immature loser.
    First off, BS...Kaep wants 6 millionish...Nothing value about that so that's a crappy example, though I suspect you knew that. Secondly Oz sounds happy as a clam to be back, watch his interview from yesterday and see if you still can say that. He knows he screwed up, he sounds humbled at least verbally he's doing the right things.

This has very little to do with him being a value signing, he's a QB who knows our system, has an established relationship with our wide receivers, knows their tendencies and what they are capable of. You take away the scorned lover crap and it makes sense. You like so many others are bitter because he left and feel betrayed, I get that, I felt that too, but the fact of the matter is that he makes sense as a backup. He's got experience with this team and he did well during his relief of Manning. He's not someone you ever want to inherit the reigns at QB, but he's more than capable of coming off the bench and winning a few games for us while TS heals.

People make mistakes, from what I can tell, he knows he's made one (though he doesn't feel bad about it, I mean would you with that much money involved?) and you could see by the look on his face yesterday after practice that he's absolutely thrilled to be in Denver again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Kaepernick went 1-9 last year, and 2-6 the year before that until getting benched for Blaine Gabbert. Tired of hearing about Kaep when last offseason Elway asked the guy to take a paycut to play here, meanwhile the same Elway was willing to pay Oz $16 million+.

Knowing the team was going to sign a veteran who has taken regular season snaps, pick 1: Brock Osweiler, Christian Ponder, Matt Barkley, Luke McCown, Shaun Hill, Matt McGloin, Brandon Weeden, Colin Kaepernick, or Kellen Moore. Those were the options.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

If you're taking someone off that list, and you're not taking CK for *reasons*, Brock is the pick.

So, don't sign the 'veteran' and keep the gunslinger is one possibility.

But, if you go for conventional wisdom, Ponder was never good, Barkley was a flameout from USC who was at times horrible, McCown failed when given a real shot, I thought Hill retired, I thought McGloin retired, Weededn is one of the worst plaers in the league, and Kellen Moore is a lesser version of Brock.

So, I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I guess it's no big deal because Brent will flame out and be gone at the end of the season.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

15. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    First off, BS...Kaep wants 6 millionish...Nothing value about that so that's a crappy example, though I suspect you knew that. Secondly Oz sounds happy as a clam to be back, watch his interview from yesterday and see if you still can say that. He knows he screwed up, he sounds humbled at least verbally he's doing the right things.

This has very little to do with him being a value signing, he's a QB who knows our system, has an established relationship with our wide receivers, knows their tendencies and what they are capable of. You take away the scorned lover crap and it makes sense. You like so many others are bitter because he left and feel betrayed, I get that, I felt that too, but the fact of the matter is that he makes sense as a backup. He's got experience with this team and he did well during his relief of Manning. He's not someone you ever want to inherit the reigns at QB, but he's more than capable of coming off the bench and winning a few games for us while TS heals.

People make mistakes, from what I can tell, he knows he's made one (though he doesn't feel bad about it, I mean would you with that much money involved?) and you could see by the look on his face yesterday after practice that he's absolutely thrilled to be in Denver again.
    no, that isn't it... I just think the guy is a ******* horrible quarterback. Did you not watch him play in Houston?
    But as I said, he will be gone at the end of the season after replacing manranch in game 6 and throwing more INT's than TD's so it doesn't really matter because it will only help the Broncos get a better pick in the draft.
    Last edited by weazel; 09-05-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm actually kinda shocked by the reaction in here. Jesus Christ, it's not like we're bringing him in to start. I'm actually kinda intrigued to see how he does coming back here. He wasn't bad in his stint here, and maybe now with all of the pressure of that big contract gone, he can just relax, sit on the bench, and be in a better state of mind to play well if called upon.

This is a low risk signing and I don't mind it.
    That will last all of about 5 minutes after he gets into a game.

Look. I was as enthusiastic about Brock as anybody on these boards. I gave angry rants about how Elway let Osweiler walk by not locking him up in the pre-season before the 2015 season began.

But, then he want to Texas and had a full season with a top 5 defense. And he threw 16 INTs and only 15 TDs. He's more likely to throw a pick than do anything good.

Here's why: defenses started taking away things he does well, and forcing him to do things he doesn't do well.

It's like in baseball. A rookie comes into the league and starts tearing it up. He's the next 5-tool player! Everybody's excited. Only it turns out he can't hit a curve ball down and away. So, from now on every pitcher is throwing ONLY curve balls down and away - until he proves he can jack that pitch consistently.

That's what happened to Brock, and he never learned to hit the curveball. After a while he gets sent down to the minors, and winds up in Denver as a hopefully little used utility infielder. Only he still can't hit a curveball and this time for his next stop he's getting sent down to the CFL permanently.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm probably having too much fun with this crap tonight, but oh well... Someone's gotta counter the rampant negativity round these parts.

Attachment 10929
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Now personally, I was NOT butt-hurt when Brock Osweiler chose Houston over Denver. The fans who spouted the loudest nonsense about that were the biggest hypocrites. Houston offered $6,000,000 more guaranteed $37M guaranteed, versus $31,000,000. And that $13M a season Broncos offer was offered at the last second too - too little too late. (Fortunately as it turns out!). Of course he took the money. It was SIX friggin' million dollars. If you say you wouldn't take the money too you're either retarded or lying.

I don't want Brock back not because he "betrayed the Broncos" because he didn't. Did he "diss" John Elway on his way out of town by refusing to talk with Broncos teammates or management? Well, John Elway doesn't seem to upset about it so why should I be?

Look, we all saw: the Dude was given a chance in Houston, and was benched, and couldn't beat out Mitch Trebisky (who has not impressed in the pre-season). There were reasons for all these things: He just started sucking and never stopped.

So, now we have two giraffes who can't play instead of one! Hurrah!

20. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

no, that isn't it... I just think the guy is a ******* horrible quarterback. Did you not watch him play in Houston?
    But as I said, he will be gone at the end of the season after replacing manranch in game 6 and throwing more INT's than TD's
    Yea he probably will be gone. I don't think anyone think's he's the future. He's just a backup and he'll do adequately as a backup.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Now personally, I was NOT butt-hurt when Brock Osweiler chose Houston over Denver. The fans who spouted the loudest nonsense about that were the biggest hypocrites. Houston offered $6,000,000 more guaranteed $37M guaranteed, versus $31,000,000. And that $13M a season Broncos offer was offered at the last second too - too little too late. (Fortunately as it turns out!). Of course he took the money. It was SIX friggin' million dollars. If you say you wouldn't take the money too you're either retarded or lying.

I don't want Brock back not because he "betrayed the Broncos" because he didn't. Did he "diss" John Elway on his way out of town by refusing to talk with Broncos teammates or management? Well, John Elway doesn't seem to upset about it so why should I be?

Look, we all saw: the Dude was given a chance in Houston, and was benched, and couldn't beat out Mitch Trebisky (who has not impressed in the pre-season). There were reasons for all these things: He just started sucking and never stopped.

So, now we have two giraffes who can't play instead of one! Hurrah!

Brock was in Chicago?

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information