Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 53 man roster discussion (roster cuts, trades, final roster, etc)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    And Ward still had success. My point is that Ward's ability is underrated, and when we compare his coverage abilities to others we're going to **** up a bit in that regard.
    Not necessarily. Simmons is unanimously considered better in pass coverage than Ward.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

But by how much? He might be better, but he's not better against the run - Ward is the superior all around player. I'm not saying that all is lost because Ward is gone, but there's this fairy tale notion that there's no drop off and that we should have somehow wanted this. It's rationalization. That's all it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

But by how much? He might be better, but he's not better against the run - Ward is the superior all around player. I'm not saying that all is lost because Ward is gone, but there's this fairy tale notion that there's no drop off and that we should have somehow wanted this. It's rationalization. That's all it is.
    How much better was he the last two games of last season? How much better this preseason? First, you have to be healthy enough to be on the field. Then, you have to show you still can perform as you age. Finally, if you aren't significantly better, and are going to force the release of a guy that is described as "just like TJ" then it means your time is gone.

This is the nature of football. Older guys are always being released or not resigned because younger guys are coming up behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    How much better was he the last two games of last season? How much better this preseason? First, you have to be healthy enough to be on the field. Then, you have to show you still can perform as you age. Finally, if you aren't significantly better, and are going to force the release of a guy that is described as "just like TJ" then it means your time is gone.

This is the nature of football. Older guys are always being released or not resigned because younger guys are coming up behind them.
    So he missed two games and got knicked up during preseason? Well, he was good enough to get signed instantly, and last year he played at a pro bowl level, so I'd say he was pretty damn good. We cut him in order for what? What was the actual gain? The ability to sign a veteran QB? That doesn't outweigh a pro bowl safety who leads the defense.

T.J. didn't get worse over the offseason, and he's not past his prime, either. We were trying to get rid of him because of our QB situation. At least that's what it appears to be.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

The funny thing that no one is thinking about. If the no one puts Sloter on their active roster, we could sign him to our roster off the vikings squad if we want or need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The funny thing that no one is thinking about. If the no one puts Sloter on their active roster, we could sign him to our roster off the vikings squad if we want or need him.
    First, this would have to be after Lynch is ready to go again. At that point, does Elway give up on his reclamation project in Osweiler? I'm not so sure anymore. Second, as I said elsewhere, the Vikings clearly value Sloter by paying him a high salary to be on the PS. They would have the option to put him on the 53 if we tried to claim him and everything they've done so far indicates that they would

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default On the issue of T.J. Ward, Vance Joseph is on to the Chargers

from article, and we all know that Talib says what's on his mind.

Talib regards Ward’s replacement, Justin Simmons, as a professional.

“You see it,” Talib said. “You see his production in OTAs. You see his production last year. He’s a smart kid. It’s not like we have to worry about him knowing his assignments or knowing what the other team is doing. He is professional. He is mature. He’s married. He’s going to go home and study like a vet. This should be an easy transition for him.”

If it’s an easy transition for him, it’ll be an easy transition for a championship-caliber defense that somehow missed the playoffs a year ago.
    full article - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-chargers/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    First, this would have to be after Lynch is ready to go again. At that point, does Elway give up on his reclamation project in Osweiler? I'm not so sure anymore. Second, as I said elsewhere, the Vikings clearly value Sloter by paying him a high salary to be on the PS. They would have the option to put him on the 53 if we tried to claim him and everything they've done so far indicates that they would
    That is exactly what they would do. I'm sure of it. If they're willing to pay roster money
    to have him on the PS, then intend to keep him.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Since the Vikings have him they could match any offer and keep him. We don't have that kind of leverage anymore. Dumb move by the Broncos. Dumber move from letting Ward go only to save a few mill.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 30s

A factor for Sloter was DEN QB room crowded with [meh], [meh], [meh], [meh]. Vikings have Bradford, Keenum, Bridgewater PUP. #9sports
    It is crowded indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

@RyanKoenigsberg
    2m
    As you bask in outrage over Sloter heading to the Vikings, remember that 31 other teams had a chance to add him to their 53 and passed.
    Thanks I almost forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i would say the FO made it clear that they don't particularly want him. . . obviously, with the prodigal giraffe coming back, you never say never-- i think that ship has probably sailed, though, at least for the moment. . .

So he missed two games and got knicked up during preseason? Well, he was good enough to get signed instantly, and last year he played at a pro bowl level, so I'd say he was pretty damn good. We cut him in order for what? What was the actual gain? The ability to sign a veteran QB? That doesn't outweigh a pro bowl safety who leads the defense.

T.J. didn't get worse over the offseason, and he's not past his prime, either. We were trying to get rid of him because of our QB situation. At least that's what it appears to be.
    Not sure why you are tying Ward to signing a veteran QB. They are unrelated. As to the QB, I assume you agree the team needed to have a second healthy QB, right? Or, are you advocating putting lynch on IR or playing games with only one QB dressed?

Cutting ward meant keeping the UDFA Carter. You might feel it would be better to cut Carter. Fine, but I'm not sure why you are tying it to signing a veteran QB.

Not sure why you are tying Ward to signing a veteran QB. They are unrelated. As to the QB, I assume you agree the team needed to have a second healthy QB, right? Or, are you advocating putting lynch on IR or playing games with only one QB dressed?

Cutting ward meant keeping the UDFA Carter. You might feel it would be better to cut Carter. Fine, but I'm not sure why you are tying it to signing a veteran QB.
    It seems that they were trying to make cuts drastically. If one didn't occur, other cuts might not occur, and all of a sudden it's not just a simple one-for-one scenario. I'm trying to find a better way to explain it, but I'm gassed at the moment. Long day of outlining.

And Ward still had success. My point is that Ward's ability is underrated, and when we compare his coverage abilities to others we're going to **** up a bit in that regard.
    I have frequently defended his coverage ability. But really the question is, is Stewart better in coverage? That's who's replacing him.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information