Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: 53 man roster discussion (roster cuts, trades, final roster, etc)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Will Parks is as good as a three-time Pro Bowl defensive captain, but both younger and cheaper. Stop the madness, Jaded!
    TJ Ward doesn't duck his head in fear and draw 2 penalties on kickoff COVERAGE.

The Broncos tell you they wanna improve run defense (they even told you they wanna get bigger on the DL) but they carry a 300lb NT, two 220lb ILB (one of them at SILB) and one 230 ILB (also at SILB). They dump their hybrid ProBowl S to get better in.......wait for it.......coverage (where they've been the leagues best 2 seasons in a row).
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Jaded wins - and it's worth noting that Ward did a good job on Kelce - we saw what happened when Ward was out...they did horrible things to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jaded wins - and it's worth noting that Ward did a good job on Kelce - we saw what happened when Ward was out...they did horrible things to us.
    They did horrible things to us when T.J. was out.

Therefore, they would not have done horrible things to us had T.J. not been out.

Yeah, I see your logic . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

Therefore, they would not have done horrible things to us had T.J. not been out.

The point is I win.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

They abused us with a TE that had not abused us when we had T.J. in there covering him.

Therefore, they would not have done to us what they did to use had he been in there.

The logic is fine.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The point is I win.
    We were swept by KC. The first time, we allowed 30 points, the second 33. Whether or not
    T.J. did a good job on their TE is rendered moot. The results were the same with and
    without him.

Moreover, that he did reasonably well the first time doesn't mean he would have repeated
    it. Offenses look at film and make adjustments. It reminds me of when Dwayne Bowe
    took Champ Bailey's measure, but in the rubber game Champ put the clamps on Bowe.
    Offense vs. defense is a complicated thing in the NFL. A simple comparison of matchups
    without considering the big picture leads to skewed conclusions.
    Last edited by topscribe; 09-04-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: typo

We were swept by KC. The fist time, we allowed 30 points, the second 33. Whether or not
    T.J. did a good job on their TE is rendered moot. The results were the same with and
    without him.

Moreover, that he did reasonably well the first time doesn't mean he would have repeated
    it. Offenses look at film and make adjustments. It reminds me of when Dwayne Bowe
    took Champ Bailey's measure, but in the rubber game Champ put the clamps on Bowe.
    Offense vs. defense is a complicated thing in the NFL. A simple comparison of matchups
    without considering the big picture leads to skewed conclusions.
    It's not rendered moot when we're talking about specific players, dropoffs, replacement play, etc. Not at all.

Furthermore, this isn't a recent trend, either. He's always been solid against that style of player. This isn't a one-and-done type of deal, Top.

We were swept by KC. The fist time, we allowed 30 points, the second 33.
    The "Fist Time"? Sorry TOp, but some typos are funnier than others! And we're all about maturity here at Cugel Channel!"

11. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Simmons spent more time on Kelce than Ward did, and did a fantastic job...

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

TJ Ward doesn't duck his head in fear and draw 2 penalties on kickoff COVERAGE.

The Broncos tell you they wanna improve run defense (they even told you they wanna get bigger on the DL) but they carry a 300lb NT, two 220lb ILB (one of them at SILB) and one 230 ILB (also at SILB). They dump their hybrid ProBowl S to get better in.......wait for it.......coverage (where they've been the leagues best 2 seasons in a row).
    I agree with most of your complaints, but I think Steward will do just as good against the run as Ward did.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Folks, if the safety is making a lot of tackles in the run game, there is a bigger issue than who is playing safety.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

17. The Following 10 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I agree with most of your complaints, but I think Steward will do just as good against the run as Ward did.
    Stewart was an excellent FS, and I think he will make an even better SS. Moreover, I believe
    Simmons will be even better at FS than Stewart is. He is faster and rangier and is proving
    to be very good at covering receivers.

Simmons spent more time on Kelce than Ward did, and did a fantastic job...
    This is not an accurate statement from my recollection, and if he was on Kelce in the second game then he was god awful. I'll simply offer a reminder from the broadcasters on that game "This is where the Broncos really miss Ward," as Kelce ran down the field and gutted us.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

This is not an accurate statement from my recollection, and if he was on Kelce in the second game then he was god awful. I'll simply offer a reminder from the broadcasters on that game "This is where the Broncos really miss Ward," as Kelce ran down the field and gutted us.
    You might be right. I'm going from my memory of an article I just read talking about him being better on coverage against TE's. The problem with Kelce is he is the second best TE in the game

22. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

You might be right. I'm going from my memory of an article I just read talking about him being better on coverage against TE's. The problem with Kelce is he is the second best TE in the game
    And Ward still had success. My point is that Ward's ability is underrated, and when we compare his coverage abilities to others we're going to **** up a bit in that regard.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information