Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos QB going forward - where to find one if Siemian isn't the answer in 2018

Default Broncos QB going forward - where to find one if Siemian isn't the answer in 2018

OK, for a moment (I know I've been on the other side of this debate), let's assume that Siemian struggles this year and doesn't lock down the spot going forward.

We've just seen Stafford's contract, and I know Frank Schwab of USA Today (formerly locally at the Gazette) thinks that Cousins may go as high as $32 million a year for two reasons:

1. He'll arguably be the best, young free agent QB to ever hit the market
    2. If you look at that salary as a percentage of salary cap, it's inline with what QBs were getting a decade or so ago (arguing these inflated salaries are on par with salary cap increase).

So, if Cousins is going to command $30+ million a year, do the Broncos go after him or Brees or any other QB that reaches the open market (assuming any of them do)?

Do the Broncos try and trade for a Brees or another veteran QB?

Do they go back to the draft, and if so, continue to pick QBs in the late first/early second or pay the piper and move up for a top five pick?

Do they try and develop a Lynch, Kelly, Sloter already on their roster?
    Last edited by Tned; 08-30-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Trade for Rivers.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

They're going to have to sell out and get a top 3 pick because they won't be bad enough anytime soon to be able to pick that high.

I wouldn't mess with Brees or Rivers unless they can make a really sweet deal.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

IMO, Denver's salary structure can't handle a $25+ million QB by trade or FA. They would have to dismantle major parts of the defense with major cap ramifications. Only way forward is the draft.

Say for instance they finally could pry McCarron loose from CIN. Word is he would want his contract renegotiated before any trade took place. As to Brees, I have yet to see him yield any ground in his contract negotiations, thus getting paid the max rate for QB's. Forget Rivers!

Not too many avenues for Denver to get better at the position unless they finally get lucky in the draft. Maybe Elway should let Kubiak scout and select QB's since he seems to have problems in evaluating them.

This is a very good QB draft, I would say draft one even if you think he's the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

I think we've gotta draft one this year even if T-Sim looks good. I just don't think Lynch is going to grow into that guy, we've gotta prepare for that and bring someone in. Now that Stafford is gone, I'm not thrilled with any of the prospects. I mean I guess you could draft a QB and sign Brees.

There is talk that Brady wants to finish up his career in Denver and that he won't be returning to New England next year, I suppose that is an option, but I'd refuse to watch a single game next year if it happened....

Rivers is a bad option...no thank you. Cousins is kinda overrated IMO. And then of course there's Kelly...

Or we could trade all of our draft picks for next year + CJ anderson for Luck...At least we could if this was madden.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    There is talk that Brady wants to finish up his career in Denver and that he won't be returning to New England next year, I suppose that is an option, but I'd refuse to watch a single game next year if it happened....
    Where in the world is there this "talk"?

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    IMO, Denver's salary structure can't handle a $25+ million QB by trade or FA. They would have to dismantle major parts of the defense with major cap ramifications. Only way forward is the draft.

Say for instance they finally could pry McCarron loose from CIN. Word is he would want his contract renegotiated before any trade took place. As to Brees, I have yet to see him yield any ground in his contract negotiations, thus getting paid the max rate for QB's. Forget Rivers!

Not too many avenues for Denver to get better at the position unless they finally get lucky in the draft. Maybe Elway should let Kubiak scout and select QB's since he seems to have problems in evaluating them.
    At some point Elway has to get over his idiot fixation with 6'7" QBs. "Paxton is tall." Go back to the draft and get a 1st round QB. That's what he will do. And they will let Sloter (if he's here) and Chad Kelly compete to start.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    That's what I was wondering. I don't believe it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

QB orchard. Rain has been strong this year, will be good harvest in 2018. Siemian sucking means a crappy record and legit pick among several prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

http://fanbuzz.com/nfl/dan-patrick-t...roncos-career/

Dan Patrick is saying it, I've heard it from a few other sources. I believe King suggested it awhile back. I can't find anything else, but it's popped up several times this year.

If you guys go with Jimmy G next year and Brady feels like he still wants to play, where else would he go? It make sense, I just don't want it to happen because well... yuck...

It is just that right now, talk. Nothing substantiated, but it does make sense if he doesn't retire at the end of this year IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Dan Patrick is saying it, I've heard it from a few other sources.

If you guys go with Jimmy G next year and Brady feels like he still wants to play, where else would he go? It make sense, I just don't want it to happen because well... yuck...
    North would have a forever-boner if this came to pass.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Dan Patrick is saying it, I've heard it from a few other sources. I believe King suggested it awhile back. I can't find anything else, but it's popped up several times this year.

Okay so one person is saying it.

No, like I said, Peter King and I've heard it from other sources I just don't have them at the moment because it's impossible finding random sources from weeks ago that you didn't bother to document.

Lets look at it from this angle. Do you see the Patriots keeping him if he comes back next year? I mean eventually they have to move on to other options or they will be stunting their future. Obviously it all comes down to how much they feel that Jimmy G is the future.

But if he leaves New England with a desire to play, what other team seems more likely? He just witnessed his friend and rival milking us for one more ring, as much as it would disgust me having him here, we'd probably get another ring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I count 5:

DP
    King
    Frey
    PAG
    Hawg

Where there's smoke...

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information