Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Broncos QB going forward - where to find one if Siemian isn't the answer in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Im not sure i agree with the Paxton thing entirely. I think they had to at least look at the investment in a live fire setting to see if he had grown at all, i didnt take it as "everything in their power". Being it is a all new coaching group, i think it was good for VJ to at least look.

So really this is more about him being a 7th round pick, and the lack of a flashy back ground or a crap ton of hype.

Brock was a high round draft pick, Paxton, both of these guys are just into their careers and are being called busts, because they havent developed at the rate the masses thing is appropriate now.

Im saying, had the thought process been the same 30 years ago, would those stats not be enough for people to call them busts and teams might have missed out on superbowl winning players?

We dont know what we have after 1 year with a broken offense, much less 2nd year with a new coach, damn.
    I disagree with all of this - but you made a mighty fine post. Thank you for that, and post more. I remember you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The issue is you'd have to have a reason to think a guy is worth having time to develop. And that's the fatal presupposition because at no point in college, OTA's, or either preseasons has TS looked like he was worth that investment of time. He's our starter, and was our starter, out of a weird set of events. And he wowed the team so much that we made a run at Kaepernick last year and tried to do everything in our power to give Paxton Lynch the job this year.
    They took a run at Kaepernick before Siemian even participated in the offseason programs prior to that year. The previous season, he clearly did "wow" the team, because Kubiak addressed the surprise of keeping him behind Manning and Osweiler, being that he just made plays every time they gave him a shot, and referred to his arm strength.

There was no chance that a team was going to bet their season on a kid that "wowed" them in preseason and did a good job running the scout team, but otherwise had no game action all year.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information