Thread: Reports: Denver Broncos fielding trade requests for T.J. Ward

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Brandon Marshall

@BMarshh54

We better not trade the homie
    7:37 PM - Aug 29, 2017

Ed McCaffrey‏Verified account @87ed 5h

Hoping the trade rumors surrounding TJ Ward are "Fake News". But if not...Don't do it!!!!!

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I think we'd be ok with our safety production if Ward was traded, but I'd much rather he plays out his contract and get a compensation pick later. It's not a good look for the team to trade one of its true leaders less than 2 weeks before our first game.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sometimes you take away one piece and the tower collapses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Would hate to see Ward traded.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

If I were Joseph, I would tell the powers that be, "I have a shit show on offense, don't you dare touch anything about the No Fly Zone."

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    If I were Joseph, I would tell the powers that be, "I have a shit show on offense, don't you dare touch anything about the No Fly Zone."
    Unless they could trade Ward for some major help on offense. At that point, you'd have to consider it, especially given our depth at safety.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Unless they could trade Ward for some major help on offense. At that point, you'd have to consider it, especially given our depth at safety.
    I don't have a lot of confidence that 2 weeks before opening game, they could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Last year of his contract, a couple of good young safeties behind him, I could see the logic. Every player has a price. We shouldn't give him away obviously, but I don't think it hurts to listen to offers.
    Wrong! Don't **** with the No Fly Zone! And especially, don't **** with it NOW.

There is an illusion that sustains championship teams: that this really is a band of brothers, not just a business.

Because NFL football players are mercenaries. They get moved around. That's normal. But, most of this movement is in March & April around FA and the draft. Then in June and July you get 90 guys together and start forging a collective identity: we're a TEAM! Not a collection of individuals.

During the pre-season, some guys get cut and they whittle the team down to 53 warriors. And these are the guys you roll with. Period.

And then after the season is over you evaluate and start over. But, one thing you do NOT do is fuk with things 2 weeks before the start of the season! The No Fly Zone is the heart of this team. It's special. Don't change it before the end of the season.

Reality: Losing T.J. to FA in 2018 = so what? If he leaves via FA you get a 3rd round compensatory pick due to how much money he'll make. So, they will get compensation for him.

This is just stupid on so many levels the mind woggles.
    Last edited by Davii; 08-30-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't have a lot of confidence that 2 weeks before opening game, they could do that.
    I agree, which is why he probably won't be traded. But like I said earlier, every player does have a price. If GB wanted to trade us Rodgers and Nelson for Ward, I'm sure we could all find that agreeable.

Supposedly they need an extra roster spot because of the injury to Paxton and the sudden need to start the season with Kyle Sloter on the 53. They weren't planning on that. And safety really is the deepest position on the team. Will Parks is ready to step in and start.

Fine. I've got no problem with that. But, don't lose key warriors who won the SB with you just before the start of the season. True T.J. has struggled with a hamstring this offseason, but he could play and will play at a high level this year. There is absolutely no reason to make such a radical change so late in the pre-season.

After all they are probably NOT going to get a veteran player who can step in and start. Rather they are getting a late round draft pick or other similar compensation.

I'm really not convinced that Simmons wouldn't improve the No Fly Zone. I love ward, but dude misses a lot of tackles. He's always going for a big hit so he either hits big or whiffs and he whiffs a lot. I like what he brings to the table leadership wise, but I don't think he's a better player than Simmons is developing into.

17. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Sometimes you take away one piece and the tower collapses.
    Yes. It's Jenga!

Attachment 10905

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm really not convinced that Simmons wouldn't improve the No Fly Zone. I love ward, but dude misses a lot of tackles. He's always going for a big hit so he either hits big or whiffs and he whiffs a lot. I like what he brings to the table leadership wise, but I don't think he's a better player than Simmons is developing into.
    He's not a great coverage guy, but I'll take his teammates word for it that he is instrumental to their game. It's just the start to chipping away at what has made this team special the last 3 years. Once you chip away at that, you're left with a shit show on offense and some rookies who may turn out great or may turn out just ok. Just ok defense with shit show offense means some suck years.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

I hear people talking about how if we're going to make the playoffs, or if we make the superbowl, his experience is important.

Did he have much playoff experience going into SB 50? Why would it be any different for someone like Parks or Simmons if they play at a higher caliber than Ward to not have that experience. That lack of playoff experience didn't hinder Ward come superbowl time.

We still have Talib, Wolfe and Miller who are all vocal and fiery leaders on that side of the ball. We're losing Ward next season anyway and for all we know, being in a position of leadership could cause that fire to be displayed by guys like Parks and Simmons.

We're making way too much importance out of the "rah rah" portion of wards play and not taking into account the fact that he's been kinda hit or miss and last season, there was a lot of missing. He's not getting any younger.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

He's not a great coverage guy, but I'll take his teammates word for it that he is instrumental to their game. It's just the start to chipping away at what has made this team special the last 3 years. Once you chip away at that, you're left with a shit show on offense and some rookies who may turn out great or may turn out just ok. Just ok defense with shit show offense means some suck years.
    Well, he's going to be gone after this season anyway, I guess it comes down to do you think we can make a superbowl run now? If not, why not give one of the young kids the reigns and start building towards next season.

I think we can make the playoffs this year possibly, but superbowl is a pipe dream, with or without ward.

I get the sentimental feelings people have towards ward, as much as I hate the patriots, they know when to cut bait on a player. The pats would cut bait in this situation.

I don't by any means hate ward, he's a very likable player. But from a business standpoint IMO it makes sense and it's how the patriots stay competitive year after year (that and BB's deal with the devil)

24. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information