Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Breaking down Siemian's performance in the third preseason game

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Sounds like pocket collapses too often. And these are very vanilla defenses. Just over a week to the real games.
    And that's what it boils down to. We can microanalyize everything, but this is vanilla on offense and defense. This is not the full scheme on either side of the ball for us or the other teams. We'll see what we've got in just over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Sounds like pocket collapses too often. And these are very vanilla defenses. Just over a week to the real games.
    They need to cut the crap at LG and play Barbe or McGovern. There have been too many first team reps wasted

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They need to cut the crap at LG and play Barbe or McGovern. There have been too many first team reps wasted
    From what I've heard McGovern worked his ass off this offseason. I think they should be looking at him at G instead of just as a backup C. Barbre is just ok at this point of his career and Garcia flat out sucks monkey balls.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Seems more like they need to cut the crap and leave Leary at the LG spot where he's started all but his rookie season, then commit to SOMEONE at the less demanding starting RG spot. Since that position emphasizes powerful straight ahead run blocking over the agility to pull and lead block from LG, Garcias inability to succeed even there ought to make him purely a backup. Likewise, if Barbre was good enough to start at LG in Philly, he's probably good enough to start at RG in Denver.

That's all theory, and the difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.

However, much as I've been "pulling" for Garcia because I long to have a truly bruising G who can pancake NTs, gash open holes in the inside run game and move piles singlehandedly, it doesn't look like it's going to happen: He just doesn't have the quickness and reflexes to handle stunts or ANYTHING ELSE that's not directly in front of him or, if he has the physical agility, he doesn't have the mental agility to anticipate, recognize and react in time. That leaves Barbre and McGovern, and Barbre's actually held down a starting G spot in the NFL, so unless McGovern's made huge strides this offseason I'd expect him to be "first alternate" behind Leary and Barbre.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3h

#Broncos VJ said Barbre and Garcia remain close at left guard. "We are going to need both guys" @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    From what I've heard McGovern worked his ass off this offseason. I think they should be looking at him at G instead of just as a backup C. Barbre is just ok at this point of his career and Garcia flat out sucks monkey balls.
    Garcia showed promise at one point - it sucks what he's become. Still unsure he's any worse than Sambrailo and Schofield.

10. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

#Broncos VJ said Barbre and Garcia remain close at left guard. "We are going to need both guys" @DenverChannel
    One thing is clear, life with VJ will be much different than Kubiak. Kubiak didn't have a problem calling out players to the press when they struggled. VJ is pretty much "everyone is great, a few missed plays which is a good thing, a few too many penalties, but everything is great. Everyone is great" kind of updates.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

On one highlight, the DT knocked Garcia off his feet onto his backside. Had Charles not been there
    to make a splendid chip block, Siemian might have been part of the injury report this week . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Is VJ serious? Please tell me this is a bad dream.

Is VJ serious? Please tell me this is a bad dream.
    Yep, said they've both done good. Specifically:

On what he saw at left guard from Max Garcia and Allen Barbre on Saturday

“It’s tough. They both played very well. After our meeting on Sunday morning, we said we could play both guys. We’re not concerned about who is going to be the starter at this point. They both played very well. We need them both.”

On what he saw from the offense on Saturday

“I tell you this, when I watched the offense, I saw a lot of plays that we missed. That’s a good thing. Offensive line wise, we’ve brought the run game very well in my opinion. The pass protection has been very, very solid in my opinion. Those two issues were huge for us to fix. I’m not worrying about the plays that we missed because it’s a learning process. But they’re there. The offense works. It fits our guys so I’m excited about the moving forward.”

On when a decision for left guard will be made

“We may not make a decision. We may just play both guys because they’re both playing so well. That’s a good thing for us to have: two guys who played at a high level this past weekend. We may name them both starters. How about that?”

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yep, said they've both done good. Specifically:

On what he saw at left guard from Max Garcia and Allen Barbre on Saturday

“It’s tough. They both played very well. After our meeting on Sunday morning, we said we could play both guys. We’re not concerned about who is going to be the starter at this point. They both played very well. We need them both.”

On what he saw from the offense on Saturday

“I tell you this, when I watched the offense, I saw a lot of plays that we missed. That’s a good thing. Offensive line wise, we’ve brought the run game very well in my opinion. The pass protection has been very, very solid in my opinion. Those two issues were huge for us to fix. I’m not worrying about the plays that we missed because it’s a learning process. But they’re there. The offense works. It fits our guys so I’m excited about the moving forward.”

On when a decision for left guard will be made

“We may not make a decision. We may just play both guys because they’re both playing so well. That’s a good thing for us to have: two guys who played at a high level this past weekend. We may name them both starters. How about that?”
    He could remove both "very's," and it would still be overblown, IMO . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

One thing is clear, life with VJ will be much different than Kubiak. Kubiak didn't have a problem calling out players to the press when they struggled. VJ is pretty much "everyone is great, a few missed plays which is a good thing, a few too many penalties, but everything is great. Everyone is great" kind of updates.
    I'm sick of the word special. I've heard it from VJ a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I'm sick of the word special. I've heard it from VJ a few times.
    I'm assuming he's not completely naive when it comes to football, and either he believes that corrective action/comments belong in the locker room (which I can understand) or being a young coach doesn't appreciate the level of fan/media scrutiny on every play and doesn't realize they find some of his statements ludicrous to say the least.

It's not just the O-line. He's painted rosy pictures of both QBs when it seemed undeserved and other positions as well.

Didn't we already have a coach who dismissed literally every single loss as "correctable mistakes"? A guy who didn't so much win SBs as PREVENT winning them?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Fans will start booing early in the season if Garcia continues to screw up the passing game. I'm curious how rosy his picture will be then. Fans are sick of it going back a year now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information