Thread: PUP list vs NFI list

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PUP list vs NFI list

I know I've been a bit confused how the pup and nfi lists work so I'm putting this here so I can find it the next time I forget or get confused.

Before the first practice of Training Camp for 2016, the Minnesota Vikings made use of two different roster lists. They placed guard Mike Harris and quarterback Taylor Heinicke on the Non-Football Injury List, while placing tight end Rhett Ellison and defensive tackle Kenrick Ellis on the Physically Unable to Perform List.

A lot of people have probably heard of the PUP List, but the NFI list is one that’s used a bit more infrequently. Let’s break down the differences between the two.

Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) List

The PUP List gives players who are unable to start Training Camp the ability to sit out until the team’s medical staff gives them the clearance to being practicing. This is generally done for players that had suffered an injury during the prior season that they’re still rehabbing from, such as Rhett Ellison with his patellar tendon issue. Any player placed on the PUP List is eligible to begin practicing again as soon as they’re given clearance.

Once a player practices during Training Camp, they are no longer eligible for the PUP List. If a player is taken off of the PUP List, they can’t be placed back on it. They would then have to go on Injured Reserve. During their time on the PUP List, players can go through conditioning drills and things of that nature, but they can’t practice with the team.

The rest is here: https://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/7...the-difference
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information