Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Cut Paxton

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, all those throws yesterday were in shorts, which means no pass rush
    No argument here, certainly not defending the guy. Just wanted to clarify the point of who he was going up against.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    FWIW, we're practicing against the bears right now, so Paxton isn't going against our defense.
    I meant the first 2 days was where most of that was Paxton looked good stuff was stated. What I have read here and there was that Paxton had a strong 1st 2 days of practice Mon and Tuesday. So my point in previous posts holds water, and the fact he looked good should be meaningless considering who he was playin against in practice on day 1 and 2. I haven't heard or read anything that says he did really well yesterday against the bears other than some twitter stuff that he looked good in individual drills which has no validity to me after 3 years in the NFL. At this point Paxton is a BUM who has no work ethic, and looks good with no pressure or live action, but is completely lost in live action because of poor work ethic and bad study habits as well as a lack of drive to be a Pro in this league. That was even more evident by the fact he got upset about being benched after a horrendous showing in his pre-season action. I liken him to Corey Coleman of the browns who was just traded. Watch the hard knocks episode and you see bad practice habits and then a whiny little scene about why he is second team, and if they don't want to play him trade him. It reminded me so much of our own entitled first rd pick in lynch. Cleveland was smart and did exactly that. Its time for Denver to cut bait end of story. There is no hope for Paxton regardless of the fluff pieces now coming out of camp since his benching. All he should worry about now is playing his ass off on 3rd string so some team might give him a shot as a 2nd(doubtful) or 3rd QB for the season.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

3. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If being demoted was good imagine how good cutting him will be!
    Wonder if New-Yash will keep posting here once his hero Paxton gets cut.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Wonder if New-Yash will keep posting here once his hero Paxton gets cut.
    Attack the post not the poster.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Attack the post not the poster.
    And there it is...

This thread is now unnecessary. Elway today just basically admitted they are cutting Paxton.

He was asked what he's looking for in a 2nd string QB and said a veteran guy who can come in if the starter is hurt and win the game. And then he added that they will be looking for a veteran and that they will be patient.

What that means is they will take a look at what Chad Kelly looks like this week going against the 2's and especially against the Bears this game.

If Kelly makes them feel confident he can handle it, they go with 2 QBs. If not they go out and get a QB in FA. The only thing keeping Paxton on the roster right now is that they need 3 QBs for camp and that they can't find anybody to trade for him because the entire league knows he's pure garbage.

I think Elway is screwing up again though. They need to just pick up a #3 QB for a training camp arm and cut Paxton right now, so that he has a chance to land on another roster this year. If he does, then they gain some cap relief. If he sits out the season they have to pay him $4 million against the cap.

Nobody is going to trade for him knowing the Broncos will only cut him. And if they wait until the final cuts he's probably not going to make a roster this season.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    This thread is now unnecessary. Elway today just basically admitted they are cutting Paxton.

He was asked what he's looking for in a 2nd string QB and said a veteran guy who can come in if the starter is hurt and win the game. And then he added that they will be looking for a veteran and that they will be patient.

What that means is they will take a look at what Chad Kelly looks like this week going against the 2's and especially against the Bears this game.

If Kelly makes them feel confident he can handle it, they go with 2 QBs. If not they go out and get a QB in FA. The only thing keeping Paxton on the roster right now is that they need 3 QBs for camp and that they can't find anybody to trade for him because the entire league knows he's pure garbage.

I think Elway is screwing up again though. They need to just pick up a #3 QB for a training camp arm and cut Paxton right now, so that he has a chance to land on another roster this year. If he does, then they gain some cap relief. If he sits out the season they have to pay him $4 million against the cap.

Nobody is going to trade for him knowing the Broncos will only cut him. And if they wait until the final cuts he's probably not going to make a roster this season.
    Just a few days ago you were saying Elway was forcing Paxton on VJ and Kelly had zero chance of making the squad...

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Just a few days ago you were saying Elway was forcing Paxton on VJ and Kelly had zero chance of making the squad...
    Whoa....

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Cugels jugular slowly bleeds out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good-god-almighty-that-man-has-a-family.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	12833

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

There is no cap savings this year, his salary is 2.5 this year, his dead money post june 1 is 3.1 which is a loss of 600k(my previous numbers were pre june 1, im a tool).

Its not a huge number, but it certainly isnt a relief of incentive to force him out.

Next year there is abit of relief if cut, either pre or post june 1 but obviously dead money.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He is toast.
    I feel bad for the kid, even if the criticism is deserved.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    There is no cap savings this year, his salary is 2.5 this year, his dead money post june 1 is 3.1 which is a loss of 600k(my previous numbers were pre june 1, im a tool).

Its not a huge number, but it certainly isnt a relief of incentive to force him out.

Next year there is abit of relief if cut, either pre or post june 1 but obviously dead money.
    I'm no longer concerned about the $600,000 dead money after watching the last 2 preseason games. I am concerned that Paxton will take a roster spot of a special teamer or a rotational player at this point. He needs to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Vance Joseph is a better coach than Paxton is a QB. That doesn’t say a whole lot for Paxton.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

22. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information