Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Paxton

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Cut Paxton

This is the thread where I say we should cut Paxton and everyone tells me why my idea is dumb.

Reasons:

1. Paxton is has demonstrated a lack of awareness and consistent accuracy incompatible with the NFL QB position.

2. It invites a perpetual QB competition in future years and sustains the distracting Trevor vs. Paxton narrative.

3. It signals strong leadership and direction, unifies the team. Reminds me of the decision to roll with Russell Wilson despite spending millions on Flynn.

4. It allows Sloter or to stay on the roster, and/or opens up another spot on the 53.

Reasons not to:

1. Trevor has not proven he can stay healthy a full season.

2. It requires the front office to admit drafting him was incorrect.

3. Paxton might turn it around.

4. Player contract and payroll/cap factors along with current ability.

VJ apparently cut Sloter from the 53, but it seems to me if you are going to keep an underseasoned QB on the roster, it should be Sloter and not Lynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Counterpoints:

-- Sloter will be on the practice squad and can easily be activated if Trevor goes down with injury.

-- Paxton's running ability, and brief regular season experience, actually make him a pretty attractive backup QB. He's serviceable for a backup. As Klis said on twitter the other day, you could amend the playbook, limit his liability, and get by with him if you had to.

-- A first round talent with his physical skills would at least fetch a 5th-7th rounder if we decided to give up on him.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Hawg doing lash out threads. Wow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you could just trade him....

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Hawg doing lash out threads. Wow.
    You'd be pissed too if you wife made you drive 10 hours to see that eclipse.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Counterpoints:

-- Sloter will be on the practice squad and can easily be activated if Trevor goes down with injury.

-- Paxton's running ability, and brief regular season experience, actually make him a pretty attractive backup QB. He's serviceable for a backup. As Klis said on twitter the other day, you could amend the playbook, limit his liability, and get by with him if you had to.

-- A first round talent with his physical skills would at least fetch a 5th-7th rounder if we decided to give up on him.
    I disagree with points 1 and 3, but if you are right then I am stoked to be wrong.

For #2, I don't see either Lynch or, e.g., Sloter winning games as QB unless they are carried by the rest of the team. Amending the playbook for Lynch...I guess? Would rather not have to find out because that sounds to me like an offense that is easier to limit.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

You'd be pissed too if you wife made you drive 10 hours to see that eclipse.
    Its like online dating. You drive an hour and meet her and she's fat, and you realize she didn't have any full body shots in her profile.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

I have no counter points. I suggested the same thing yesterday. The eye test tells me Sloter is much closer to being ready than Lynch and yet has similar tangibles.

I will be pissed if Sloter goes elsewhere because he might have the highest ceiling out of all of our quarterbacks. Cutting him and keeping some WR who will make little to no contribution makes no sense to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Its like online dating. You drive an hour and meet her and she's fat, and you realize she didn't have any full body shots in her profile.
    Or she does, but it was when W was in office. Hey take a full body shot with today's USA Today.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    you could just trade him....
    What is Paxton's trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What is Paxton's trade value?
    Probably not much at this point

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Counterpoints:

If he's on the PS, any other team can simply sign him away, like the Cards did back in 2014 when they signed QB Ryan Lindley off of the Chargers' PS. Granted, we would be given a chance to block it, but we'd have to put him on the active roster which would require us to cut someone else.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Lynch is very raw and needs time to develop. He was projected as multi year project. I think that is why Musgrave is here.

Also he needs like experience. A couple games and a few live series really means nothing in terms of a QB. I think his issues is learning a new playbook. He was looking good in OTA with a smaller playbook.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Cut Hawgdriver!!!

24. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information