Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Paxton

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Get rid of Lynch, but I still want a solid veteran backup if possible. Is Bridgewater still be floated as trade bait? Chad Kelly did impress me but could we count on him for a few weeks if Keenum goes down? I hope so, because Lynch seems like he just doesn't give a crap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Get rid of Lynch, but I still want a solid veteran backup if possible. Is Bridgewater still be floated as trade bait? Chad Kelly did impress me but could we count on him for a few weeks if Keenum goes down? I hope so, because Lynch seems like he just doesn't give a crap.
    Bridgewater did pretty well the other night (i think for the Jets) so im not sure if he will be let go in light of that. I think we just have to go with Kelly unless a team lets a veteran go after preseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

We should've got Bridgewater instead of Case.

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    This seems like a bit of an overreaction to one preseason game. Case has been excellent in camp from all reports I've seen.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

As much as i dont really care for Bridgewater i think you are right.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This seems like a bit of an overreaction to one preseason game. Case has been excellent in camp from all reports I've seen.
    1/4 for 5 yds against a team that you are very familiar with is pretty bad. Im with Abe on this one and until Case proves he wasnt a one year wonder i will continue to have my doubts about him.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I dont wamt any NYJ QBs
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It is not. This is systematic from last Season. The offense comes out dead, flat and devoid of leadership or any sense of urgency. This is a VJ issue.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That's fine but i've always been on the Teddy bandwagon and thought signing Case at that price was bad when you could get somebody like Bridgewater who is at least no worse than Case but cheaper. I'm not anti-Case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Drew Stanton, Mike Glennon, or Teddy Bridgewater are the realistic trade targets if the team goes for a veteran. Honestly, I see Elway sticking it out with the current 3 on the roster and skipping admitting to the Paxton mistake until next year.

15. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Paxton looked horrible. Even on some stretch runs the man couldnt even hand the ball off correctly. All he can do is hit a RB in the middle of the field 5 yards down if no one is within 5 yards.

The man is not an NFL caliber QB and if Joseph and the boys cant recognize that Kelly is the one to work with, fire the whole staff. Kelly needs the reps, he got NONE last year due to injury and if hes gonna be the back up he needs to get as many reps as possible this preseason and in practice.

He clearly looks alot sharper.
    But, Kelly is not in competition for #2. They elected to go with Keenum as their QB, which means they need a veteran backup. This isn't a "developmental" team. IT's supposed to compete for the division this year. And if that's going to happen they need a backup who is a veteran capable of coming in during the season if Keenum's hurt.

If Kelly beats out Paxton that means they trade or release Paxton, but bring in a veteran, like maybe Teddy Bridgewater whom the Jets are looking to trade?

Plus, if Keenum sucks and it's obvious by week 5 or so that he's just not going to be any good, then having a backup capable of coming in and starting is going to be key, and that rookie is not Kelly.

I hate to say it but I think Kelly won't make the practice squad and that the Broncos will keep 3 QBs, Keenum, a new veteran, and Paxton, despite his sucking. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I see happening - Elway continuing to make excuses about "not wanting to just kick Paxton to the curb."

Then I think VJ will be fired by about mid-season. If they get rid of Lynch and get a veteran backup who can actually play a little bit, then things could turn out much better. WE'll see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Cugel, I'd like you to share your thoughts on Elway's genius regarding Paxton Lynch.

Just kidding man. We all make mistakes when hyped about the team we love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Drew Stanton, Mike Glennon, or Teddy Bridgewater are the realistic trade targets if the team goes for a veteran. Honestly, I see Elway sticking it out with the current 3 on the roster and skipping admitting to the Paxton mistake until next year.
    Stanton and Glennon are bad - Glennon is basically just Lynch. I wanted Bridgewater and still wouldn’t mind. Jets will likely trade him since Darnold is looking good and they have McCown to mentor him

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Stanton and Glennon are bad - Glennon is basically just Lynch. I wanted Bridgewater and still wouldn’t mind. Jets will likely trade him since Darnold is looking good and they have McCown to mentor him
    Disagree. Although limited, Glennon has had some success in the league.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    But, Kelly is not in competition for #2. They elected to go with Keenum as their QB, which means they need a veteran backup. This isn't a "developmental" team. IT's supposed to compete for the division this year. And if that's going to happen they need a backup who is a veteran capable of coming in during the season if Keenum's hurt.

If Kelly beats out Paxton that means they trade or release Paxton, but bring in a veteran, like maybe Teddy Bridgewater whom the Jets are looking to trade?

Plus, if Keenum sucks and it's obvious by week 5 or so that he's just not going to be any good, then having a backup capable of coming in and starting is going to be key, and that rookie is not Kelly.

I hate to say it but I think Kelly won't make the practice squad and that the Broncos will keep 3 QBs, Keenum, a new veteran, and Paxton, despite his sucking. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I see happening - Elway continuing to make excuses about "not wanting to just kick Paxton to the curb."

Then I think VJ will be fired by about mid-season. If they get rid of Lynch and get a veteran backup who can actually play a little bit, then things could turn out much better. WE'll see.
    Sorry. I think thats way out in left field. Could be me, but if Paxton makes the roster and Kelly doesn't after what we know, then whoever makes those decisions, whether Joseph or Elway should be fired on the spot.

This is Paxtons 3rd year and he's seen the field plenty of times. To come into a preseason game like this and look that bad, he's done for in my mind. He has regressed if anything.

All Kelly did is show promise in his gameday debut and you say he's not going to make the PS??

We're in different playbooks.

I agree that Denver probably wont want to go into the season with Kelly (basically a rookie) as the backup and will look to sign a vet......but that all depends. Once again, Kelly has all the potential in the world and so far has done nothing to say he won't progress. If he did go into the season as the backup, that would be a heck of a statement. This team is built to compete, but if teams will go into the season with a rookie QB starter, I don't think its that far out of whack to think that Denver may go into the season as the clipboard holder.

I'll wait and see, but Kelly has shown nothing but promise so far for a guy in his very first season, learning the ropes. He looked a little skittish......but just watch his face at the line of scrimmage vs Siemian and Paxton. He's trying to decipher the defense.

Loved what I saw from him. He ain't Peyton or Elway, but he IS showing promise so far.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information