Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Must Read: Nobody Listened on draft night - Now you have no choice

Default Must Read: Nobody Listened on draft night - Now you have no choice

I know there is a lot of frustration amongst us Broncos fans about Lynch possibly being a bust.

This is avvery good article by Ryan Koenigsberg at BSN that you should read.

While the world was crafting tweets about Paxton Lynch being the next great Broncos quarterback and giggling at goofy gifs, Mel Kiper was on ESPN saying this.

“He needs two to three years to transition from the no huddle… I’m not taking anything away from Paxton Lynch; physically, athletically, arm strength wise, hard worker, he’s got it all… but he’s got a lot to learn… He’s coming into the league knowing nothing about an NFL offense. He needs a year, two years, three years to sit, watch and learn, and that’s got to be the plan for the Denver Broncos and Paxton Lynch. You force him in right away, and it’s not going to work.”

After falling on deaf ears at the time, that comment has aged like a fine wine. John Elway has always said he wants to “win from now on,” and maybe Paxton Lynch has always been more a part of the “on” than the “now.”
    Check out the rest at:

http://bsndenver.com/heres-the-thing...-paxton-lynch/

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

he has made zero progress. . . I'm gonna go ahead and say he probably just sucks. . .

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he has made zero progress. . . I'm gonna go ahead and say he probably just sucks. . .
    If you look at the history of first round picks, especially those picked outside the top five, the vast majority of them are some form of bust. With Lynch, it's too early to say, because he's still learning basic concepts, so it's hard to see how he will play when those things he didn't learn in college become second nature for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Very similar personality to Osweiler. That's maybe the most concerning of the whole ordeal, IMO. How does Elway get attracted to these aloof personalities?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Agree. No progress with the execution of the NFL QB position. Stealing resources and hurting team's winning chances.

Siemian gets injured? Sloter looks like the more promising backup.

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jerry Jones regrets not overpaying to get Paxton Lynch

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-paxton-lynch

If this would have worked out for Jones, would Romo still have been there this year, or would Jones have had to go with Lynch, 2, 3 years, before he adjusted to the NFL? The Broncos were not the only ones who wanted Lynch.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

If this would have worked out for Jones, would Romo still have been there this year, or would Jones have had to go with Lynch, 2, 3 years, before he adjusted to the NFL? The Broncos were not the only ones who wanted Lynch.
    At the time, Jones thought he was drafting for two to three years down the road.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so why did he pick him again?

since Broncos obviously need a QB now.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Better question: If Jones got his wish with Lynch, does this still happen?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

16. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

The problem with Paxton is that he's never FLASHED anything. Normally young QBs suck, suck, suck, FLASH. They sometimes make plays that make coaches say "wow! If we can get him to do that every play we've really got something!"

Only you don't see that with Trevor (or Paxton either). You saw that last year with Dak Prescott, this year from Mitch Trebisky. But, none of the Denver QBs has done anything like that - except Kyle Slotter.

I'm looking forward to seeing him start game 4 to see if he can continue to perform at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    so why did he pick him again?

since Broncos obviously need a QB now.
    I believe the plan was rife with Sanchez until Lynch was ready, but Trevor stole the job.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Wow everyone wants lynchs head now? A bust?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Wow everyone wants lynchs head now? A bust?
    He'll get another year. Hopefully McCoy is around for a few years

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Very similar personality to Osweiler. That's maybe the most concerning of the whole ordeal, IMO. How does Elway get attracted to these aloof personalities?
    I'm really not sure where the aloof personality tag is coming from. The kids are goofball. All of his teammates love playing with him in college. You look at him on the sideline and gets along well with his teammates and with Trevor. It is what we thought it was. Everyone hoped that he would come along quicker than he has. But most quarterbacks will say it's year three in a new system before they completely feel comfortable.

Shanahan used to say that about his quarterbacks all the time. So you've got a guy that number one transitioned out of a spread no-huddle offense in college. Learned a new offense West Coast and now is learning a new offense again. I'm not ready to say one way or another whether he's going to get it or not. That last practice against San Francisco looked like he was really making strides.

I figured he needed a year or two, and that the aforementioned third year was an exaggeration. Now it appears that the third year is the best case scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information