Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I understand that, and the point is very valid. But, it's hard to think that they'll be all the way healthy, and I'm not sure if the push mitigates the injuries enough.

I don't think I'm premature. Phillips is one of the best defensive minds ever. He's a legend. A football deity of defense. He's a bad, bad, man! There are maybe ten minds in the history of the game that could replace him without a dropoff in coaching intellect on defense. They don't make them like Wade anymore. That's the son of Bum!
    I love phillips his defense always stop out at the very top when he gets somewhere, then 2-3 years later fall off...We just skipped the falling off stage and moved onto Woods who is a solid coach in his own right. We'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I love phillips his defense always stop out at the very top when he gets somewhere, then 2-3 years later fall off...We just skipped the falling off stage and moved onto Woods who is a solid coach in his own right. We'll be good.
    He wasn't falling off with those horses, and I think that he would get more out of them than just about anyone else. However, those horses run, and they're too good to be a bad defense, so I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I understand that, and the point is very valid. But, it's hard to think that they'll be all the way healthy, and I'm not sure if the push mitigates the injuries enough.

I don't think I'm premature. Phillips is one of the best defensive minds ever. He's a legend. A football deity of defense. He's a bad, bad, man! There are maybe ten minds in the history of the game that could replace him without a dropoff in coaching intellect on defense. They don't make them like Wade anymore. That's the son of Bum!
    Well, this is a prediction thread, so I suppose just about any is valid, within reason.
    And I am a fan of Phillips as a DC, no doubt. But I would just as soon give Woods a
    chance and find out what they saw in him in letting Phillips go.

And if they keep getting interior push, the difference will be dramatic. That serves to
    take away the pocket, and the QB can't climb the ladder as effectively. The QB, then,
    has nowhere to go.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, this is a prediction thread, so I suppose just about any is valid, within reason.
    And I am a fan of Phillips as a DC, no doubt. But I would just as soon give Woods a
    chance and find out what they saw in him in letting Phillips go.

And if they keep getting interior push, the difference will be dramatic. That serves to
    take away the pocket, and the QB can't climb the ladder as effectively. The QB, then,
    has nowhere to go.
    top, where is the interior push going to come from?
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    top, where is the interior push going to come from?
    I think he's talking about defenses getting interior pushes against our O-line. In week 3, Garcia was beat badly multiple times. Paradis was beat. Leary was beat (although that could have been on Paradis as well). There were a couple others where it was stacked rushers, so not sure who's responsibility it was (RB?). I think there were about 6 plays (going by memory) where there was significant interior pressure (the INT for instance, where Siemian threw early and kind of leaning back away from rush and couldn't step into throw).

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I think he's talking about defenses getting interior pushes against our O-line. In week 3, Garcia was beat badly multiple times. Paradis was beat. Leary was beat (although that could have been on Paradis as well). There were a couple others where it was stacked rushers, so not sure who's responsibility it was (RB?). I think there were about 6 plays (going by memory) where there was significant interior pressure (the INT for instance, where Siemian threw early and kind of leaning back away from rush and couldn't step into throw).
    Thanks. I didn't use very good transition between my scattered thoughts. I think once the O-line
    gels, they will be decent, but they played last week like one that is trying to gel. It's not going to
    be pretty up there the first couple games or so, and I think the defense will have to carry them
    during that time. But it will get better, provided Garcia isn't starting . . .

9. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It kind of depends on how well the Cowboys can run the call without Elliott. If they can with McFadden or Morris, it could be a long year for their opponents, of which include the Broncos.
    Not that I put much stock in what passes for statistical analysis at ESPN, but they showed Dallas' yds/att without Elliott only falling off a single yard last year. That's significant, but not big enough to lose any game they were otherwise favored to win. McFadden and Morris are both proven solid RBs in their own right (even if McFadden's showing some wear and age) and Dallas' line remains elite. Remember, DeMarco Murray was an elite RB right up until he left Dallas for a big payday.

Dallas may not have its Terrell Davis or Clinton Portis when they play us, but their Reuben Droughns or Mike Anderson will probably do alright.

Injuries at the pass rusher positions and a lack of Wade Phillips.
    I agree on both, plus we lost a very underappreciated dimeback/first alternate CB to FA. Maybe Doss or whoever is better, but the guys who drew up our 2016 depth chart didn't think so. I can't find a reason to expect a D that cut its starting NT (and possibly its Pro Bowl SS?) and swapped a legendary DC for a first timer will IMPROVE.

With our offense and schedule, that's not very encouraging.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10-6. Final prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

10-6. Final prediction.
    Yes, it just feels right. If Denver gets into the playoffs, they're going to have to beat very tough
    teams there, anyway, so they might as well prepare for it in the regular season . . .

14. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Bump.

I'm going to read this thread and see how wrong we all were.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Being optimistic.....10-6....a wild card

Being pessimistic.....6-10....no playoffs
    My pessimistic side still has a chance.....not mathematically eliminated yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yep. That's it.

FTR, the Giants-Raiders stretch is a bitch.
    I'd call 0-7 a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There's no point in this because right now we don't know what players are coming out.
    Turns out you were wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Just out of curiosity.....how do any of you see us as worse off than last year?

We added players, good players! If you need help: Bolles, McKenzie, hendersons, Carter, walker, peko, Kerr, Charles, etc.
    We got rid of kubiaks lame old scheme
    Trevor has another year- so does Paxton

How can we have gotten worse?
    Woods ain't no slowick.
    I love kubes. His scheme still sucked. No way around it.
    Oh man.

22. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Staff, frictions, yes....Thatll happen. But the scheme is better than kubiaks. We went from #1 offense in NFL to almost dead last and #4 in most 3 and outs. That scheme is gone. We are improved. Mastered or not it is improved. Across the board. We are now fighting with both hands instead of just our left.

Depth- LB it is tremendous!! Not sure what you are talking about here. Von, Shane, Shaq (both will be back by week 1 or 2), Kasim, Walker (stud rookie-rather see him on DL personally), Marshall, Davis, Nelson, and the CFA Carter!! This kid has been turning heads and I watched him exclusively in pre-season game 1. He has a lot of promise! Reminds me of the non shitty Ian Gold. He will make the team! I have no doubt!

OL depth is better here too. We added Bolles (starter), Leary (starter) Watson (starter) Barbre (about to be starter)...Mcgovern is making a real strong push to be the Starting RG and send Leary back to LG too. Mcgovern already has C on lock down should paradis not be able to go. We have so much more depth that Scofield will likely not make the team this year. That is good depth- at least, from what we had last year.

TE- Butt is HUGE but he wont be that huge until end of the season and likely not much then either. We are the same as last year more or less. Slight improvement because of Butt.

WR- HUGE Drastic improvement here!! Mckenzie is lighting it up!! Latimer is doing his thing now that we dont have just 2wr sets. He looks good. Fowler is looking good. Sunshine likely wont make the squad after Henderson comes back, but I bet he does until Henderson is back. Henderson is huge!!!! Dude has been playing with a thumb thats so jacked he needed surgery. He wont be dropping balls and whatnot once hes back, plus the guy looks good when people try to tackle him. Nash- is the CFA and he will make the PS I am sure. I like him as a developer. WR is loaded. Probably our best position aside from CB and RB.

DL Im with you here, but its not worse than last year. So we cant say we are worse now because it did not improve.

Schedule is not harder amigo

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information