Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos predictions

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Woods ain't no slowick.
    U hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    New coaching staff. New offensive scheme. No Ware. No Wade. Injuries on defense. Lack of depth. Offensive line. Schedule. QB play.

New coaching staff is better. Check
    New offensive scheme is better. Check
    Ware played like 6 games and like 20 snaps a game. We will miss him but not as badly as it seems
    Wade- woods- we don't know. I feel the D will be same. Our players are soooo good
    And the Injuries on D will be back by week 1 or week 2
    Lack of depth where? Show me where it's worse than last year?
    Offensive line is better than last year. Check!
    Schedule is easier this year. Check!
    Qb play won't be any worse than last year. Check.

How did we get worse again?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hate. HATE!
    All that hates gone burn you up, kid... It keeps me warm at night...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    All that hates gone burn you up, kid... It keeps me warm at night...
    So your next avatar is going to be a wolverine?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    U hope.
    We saw slowick right away. Woods ain't that. We look good. What we don't look is all time shitty
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Just out of curiosity.....how do any of you see us as worse off than last year?

We added players, good players! If you need help: Bolles, McKenzie, hendersons, Carter, walker, peko, Kerr, Charles, etc.
    We got rid of kubiaks lame old scheme
    Trevor has another year- so does Paxton

How can we have gotten worse?
    I'm with you. Granted, the injuries piling up on the front seven is pretty concerning, but certainly before that, the team is better at pretty much every position.

Secondary - same, or possibly improved in dime.
    D-line - Bigger improved before injury
    Linebackers -- even to slightly worse before injuries, but now could be in bad shape depending on when Shaq/ray get back.
    Oline - improved
    Running backs - improved
    TEs - same to improved (if Jeff/Virgil are healthy + Derby all year)
    WRs -- Same or likely slightly improved. Addition by subtraction (Norwood)
    Punt return - too early to tell, but this should be even to better
    QBs -- even to better, considering both of them have another year under their belt.

So, again, recent injuries to front seven aside, it's hard to make a case for why this team will be worse than last year, especially based on the fact that McCoy's offense will likely be a much better fit for this team than Kubiak's.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So your next avatar is going to be a wolverine?
    My dogs crap out wolverine's after they eat them for breakfast --- early dogs (err, birds) get the worm, Colonel.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    My dogs crap out wolverine's after they eat them for breakfast --- early dogs (err, birds) get the worm, Colonel.
    His short involvement was the best part of the movie. In fact, all of the best lines came during dialog that he was part of.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

New coaching staff is better. Check
    New offensive scheme is better. Check
    Ware played like 6 games and like 20 snaps a game. We will miss him but not as badly as it seems
    Wade- woods- we don't know. I feel the D will be same. Our players are soooo good
    And the Injuries on D will be back by week 1 or week 2
    Lack of depth where? Show me where it's worse than last year?
    Offensive line is better than last year. Check!
    Schedule is easier this year. Check!
    Qb play won't be any worse than last year. Check.

How did we get worse again?
    We have no idea if the new staff is better. They haven't gone into battle yet. Plus, it's a new staff. The transition and turnover itself is an issue, all sorts of little frictions that go away after a unit has gelled.

The scheme might be better, I think it is, but it's new and takes time to master.

Wade and Ware were great leaders and coaches, you can't not miss that. I think they will pick without much of a drop, but leadership--or lack of it--shows up at weird times if you know what I mean.

Injuries are probably not going to be a long term hamstring so to speak, but it's still an issue.

Lack of depth at LB and interior D line, TE, WR, OL.

O-line may be better than last year, guess we'll see. I'm skeptical.

Schedule is harder.

QB play may or may not be better in the new scheme with the new line. I expect it to be better if it's Trevor, less optimistic if Lynch, so I probably shouldn't include it in a response to top's question, but it's a reason why I don't see the Broncos as a playoff favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I don't mean to be a downer here, but won't Mack be primarily matched up against Watson, though?
    I think Mack is RDE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I know we have a ton of injured on dline....dont forget that some will be back after only a couple missed weeks. More importantly we are seeing how deep our d line is. I keep hearing about Kerr killing it. We still have peko. Wolfe should be back week 1. Depth will be scary for a couple weeks but we are deep on d line and we have von fricking Miller.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just out of curiosity.....how do any of you see us as worse off than last year?

We added players, good players! If you need help: Bolles, McKenzie, hendersons, Carter, walker, peko, Kerr, Charles, etc.
    We got rid of kubiaks lame old scheme
    Trevor has another year- so does Paxton

How can we have gotten worse?
    We have the fourth-best quarterback in the division. To me, that's just a real problem. Not the only problem, but a real problem.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

We have the fourth-best quarterback in the division. To me, that's just a real problem. Not the only problem, but a real problem.
    I agree
    But we did last year too
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It it too early to see how the OLine fares. I need to see IF they can protect whomever is back there. If they are not improved, its going to be a tough season.

Too many 3 and Outs.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

21. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    We have no idea if the new staff is better. They haven't gone into battle yet. Plus, it's a new staff. The transition and turnover itself is an issue, all sorts of little frictions that go away after a unit has gelled.

The scheme might be better, I think it is, but it's new and takes time to master.

Wade and Ware were great leaders and coaches, you can't not miss that. I think they will pick without much of a drop, but leadership--or lack of it--shows up at weird times if you know what I mean.

Injuries are probably not going to be a long term hamstring so to speak, but it's still an issue.

Lack of depth at LB and interior D line, TE, WR, OL.

O-line may be better than last year, guess we'll see. I'm skeptical.

Schedule is harder.

QB play may or may not be better in the new scheme with the new line. I expect it to be better if it's Trevor, less optimistic if Lynch, so I probably shouldn't include it in a response to top's question, but it's a reason why I don't see the Broncos as a playoff favorite.

Staff, frictions, yes....Thatll happen. But the scheme is better than kubiaks. We went from #1 offense in NFL to almost dead last and #4 in most 3 and outs. That scheme is gone. We are improved. Mastered or not it is improved. Across the board. We are now fighting with both hands instead of just our left.

Depth- LB it is tremendous!! Not sure what you are talking about here. Von, Shane, Shaq (both will be back by week 1 or 2), Kasim, Walker (stud rookie-rather see him on DL personally), Marshall, Davis, Nelson, and the CFA Carter!! This kid has been turning heads and I watched him exclusively in pre-season game 1. He has a lot of promise! Reminds me of the non shitty Ian Gold. He will make the team! I have no doubt!

OL depth is better here too. We added Bolles (starter), Leary (starter) Watson (starter) Barbre (about to be starter)...Mcgovern is making a real strong push to be the Starting RG and send Leary back to LG too. Mcgovern already has C on lock down should paradis not be able to go. We have so much more depth that Scofield will likely not make the team this year. That is good depth- at least, from what we had last year.

TE- Butt is HUGE but he wont be that huge until end of the season and likely not much then either. We are the same as last year more or less. Slight improvement because of Butt.

WR- HUGE Drastic improvement here!! Mckenzie is lighting it up!! Latimer is doing his thing now that we dont have just 2wr sets. He looks good. Fowler is looking good. Sunshine likely wont make the squad after Henderson comes back, but I bet he does until Henderson is back. Henderson is huge!!!! Dude has been playing with a thumb thats so jacked he needed surgery. He wont be dropping balls and whatnot once hes back, plus the guy looks good when people try to tackle him. Nash- is the CFA and he will make the PS I am sure. I like him as a developer. WR is loaded. Probably our best position aside from CB and RB.

DL Im with you here, but its not worse than last year. So we cant say we are worse now because it did not improve.

Schedule is not harder amigo
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information