Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos predictions

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Potentially Lamar Jackson (Louisville), Sam Darnold (USC), Josh Rosen (UCLA), Jake Browning (Washington) and J.T. Barrett (Ohio State) are among the top quarterbacks in college. Not sure how they transfer to the NFL. Darnold is a sophomore, not sure if he's eligible to come out this year or not. Rosen and Browning are juniors, but could potentially come out of college this year.
    I haven't followed this enough, but I was really impressed by what I saw in Darnold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Potentially Lamar Jackson (Louisville), Sam Darnold (USC), Josh Rosen (UCLA), Jake Browning (Washington) and J.T. Barrett (Ohio State) are among the top quarterbacks in college. Not sure how they transfer to the NFL. Darnold is a sophomore, not sure if he's eligible to come out this year or not. Rosen and Browning are juniors, but could potentially come out of college this year.
    There's no point in this because right now we don't know what players are coming out. And we don't know how any of these QBs will look after another college season. Sometimes a guy comes back for a senior season and his draft stock goes down.

And besides it's getting harder and harder to tell who's going to be any good in the NFL because college football is getting more and more unlike the NFL with all their spread offenses and QBs operating out of the shot-gun all the time. We're seeing that with Paxton. Highly touted first round pick, and two years in and he's still not ready.

Meanwhile Dak Prescott and Mitch Trebisky look to be instant successes, and neither was a first round pick. Or second round either. Normally both would be after-thoughts in the NFL, but it's a new world now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I haven't followed this enough, but I was really impressed by what I saw in Darnold.
    He's been pretty impressive. The Rose Bowl was an impressive offensive game all-around, and that's the probably the USC game I watched the most of last year. He's Phil Steele's top NFL prospect, which must mean he's a redshirt sophomore and eligible to enter the draft this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I have complete confidence that we won't be 16-0, nor will we be 0-16. I would think we'll be somewhere between those two, so.... 1-15 wins and I'm also certain that we could make an algebraic formula like W + L = 16 to figure out how many times we lose once we know how many times we've won. I predict this prediction is accurate, completely, 100%, with 85% certainty.

Mitch trubisky was the 2nd overall pick Cugel. The bears sold the farm to move up 1 pick for him when they didnt need to do so.

As for 2018 Qbs....Our guy is already on the roster. He goes by the name of Chad Kelly Kyle Sloter. My money is on Kelly.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You really think we'll be swept by the Raiders and split with the Chargers? I think we split with the Raiders, sweep the Chargers and potentially Chiefs (probably a split though with the Chiefs).
    No, to be honest the matchups are really hard to fully call. So, I tend to focus as much on likely streaks (can the team go four or five straight to start a season). Then, things like what teams have we struggled against of late or dominated. For instance, as good as the Pats are, our defense has really had our way with Brady.

We have struggled at times with the Raiders and they have a good pass rush (yet to see evidence pass protection is much better) and could have a good running game. So, on a matchup basis, they could hurt us. Could just as easily be a win at Chiefs and loss at Phi or Pats.

I don't really expect us to lose to the raiders at home, but I'm also not sure I can confidently think we will start off 4-0, so when I look at streaks, which team do I think we are most likely to lose within a stretch. I think our defense has their way with Dak, especially if Prescott is gone. I think we take the home opener and win in Buffalo, so that leave the Raiders as the likely loss if we aren't going to go 4-0 to start the season.

Anyway, that's the method to my madness, which isn't exactly an exact science.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Week 1 - vs Chargers MNF late game win
    Week 2 - vs Cowboys loss
    Week 3 - at Bills (11:00 MT) win
    Week 4 - vs Raiders loss
    Week 5 - Bye
    Week 6 - vs Giants SNF loss
    Week 7 - at Chargers win
    Week 8 - at Chiefs MNF loss
    Week 9 - at Eagles (11:00 MT) win
    Week 10 - vs Patriots SNF loss
    Week 11 -vs Bengals win
    Week 12 - at Raiders loss
    Week 13 - at Dolphins (11:00 MT) win
    Week 14 - vs Jets win
    Week 15 - at Colts TNF win
    Week 16 - at Redskins (11:00 MT) win
    Week 17 - vs Chiefs win

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Mitch trubisky was the 2nd overall pick Cugel. The bears sold the farm to move up 1 pick for him when they didnt need to do so.

As for 2018 Qbs....Our guy is already on the roster. He goes by the name of Chad Kelly Kyle Sloter. My money is on Kelly.
    #Kelly2018 He could be the next Dough Flutie.

10-6. Wildcard.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Anyway, that's the method to my madness, which isn't exactly an exact science.
    None of it is at this point. That's why I always predict 16-0.

Don't forget the dude from Wyoming. He might go first overall.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    None of it is at this point. That's why I always predict 16-0.
    Because of my belief in streaks, I then see the streak coming to an end in the playoffs, much better to be 15-1, lose week 17, and then go on three game winning streak and finish year 18-1!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I think they'll be lucky to be 7-9, supposed to be a great QB draft though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

16. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

7-9, 8-8, probably miss the playoffs.
    That's about where I am too. Too many questions at QB and the o-line, paired with a brutal schedule, to have confidence we're winning more than 8 at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That's about where I am too. Too many questions at QB and the o-line, paired with a brutal schedule, to have confidence we're winning more than 8 at this point.
    Slim?

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information